Movies/tv should be seperated from video games/computers *vote

Add Another Forum Separate from Arcadium for Movies/TV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And if you're worried about threads being buried, the most that should be done IMO is changing the amount of threads shown per page. Not having a completely new forum.

Breh the shyt that got me :mindblown: is that I ain't ever seen the OP who pushed for this move so much make a relevant threads in the Arcadium, matter fact I barely seen him post in any of the major threads :wtf:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I also agree that this place should have been moderated better. Courdog should at the least had hes thread making ability severely limited or banned altogether. Whoever was upping all those old dumb ass Meach threads should have had a warning in addition to throwing those threads in the bushes. Hell even I made a silly thread that should have been in the bushes. But that still doesn't warrant this reactionary split
Yeah because only courtdog was the most guilty for spamming. :comeon:

You're definitely one of the posters responsible for the unreadability of the arcadium recently

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This shyt is stupid. Because of the ebb and flow of the videogame and movie industry each forum will die at certain times of the year. The videogame forum will pick up around E3 and Christmas and the move forum will pick up around November and May.

Plus right now not many people have the new consoles so talk on that front is mostly troll bait and sales threads. This forum was dominated by the TV and movie threads recently, without them the arcadium will be done after E3.

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh the shyt that got me :mindblown: is that I ain't ever seen the OP who pushed for this move so much make a relevant threads in the Arcadium, matter fact I barely seen him post in any of the major threads :wtf:
Most of the regular Arcadium posters seem to be against this move (regardless of your opinion of them).

This isn't like moving TSC to the Arcadium from the Coliseum. It was already a sub-forum. You're basically cutting an entire forum in half in this case. I don't think it's a good idea for activity.

If there's a problem with a thread you don't like, then there needs to be a change to moderation. We shouldn't need to create an entire separate forum because people want to "avoid" certain threads. Good threads are good threads regardless of their category.

Just think there could've been more things tried before doing this move. It felt a bit rushed.
Yeah, this forum is about to die for a whole. Until the new consoles become more widespread most video game talk is just trolls talking shyt about who selling what. At this point the movies, tv shows, and comic threads dominate the Arcadium and all those were just moved.
Agreed. Most of the console threads have consisted of people trolling the other side (pretty much the way it's always been). And the phone wars/phone side aren't that deep. I don't even see people create OTs for newly released phones anymore. I don't know if this forum can survive off those things alone.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yeah because only courtdog was the most guilty for spamming. :comeon:

You're definitely one of the posters responsible for the unreadability of the arcadium recently

nikka shut the fukk up. Courtdog is a nuisance all throughout this entire forum. No other poster is writing mock write ups from Clinton Powell junior. Unlike you, I own multiple consoles so miss me with that shyt. I dont blindy stan shyt. I give honest opinion on both in regards to their strength/weakness. You got some nerve tho. Ive never seen a console thread that didn't involve you calling someone a fakkit or other childish insults. Which is even more ironic considering your voice is softer then a pillow:sas2:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
And as soon as I made the above post, court woke up and create has patent 1 star trash thread:mjlol:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
What was getting "buried," tho?

Official series threads are always first page the day a new episode airs and slows activity as the week goes on. Same for official movie threads. A good movie and TV discussion thread has always done numbers. Let a good Dragonball Z, Soprano, Breaking, The Wire thread pop off and its guaranteed 100 posts minimum. There wasn't a day the anime/manga thread wasn't first page most of the day. Same with that Godzilla thread. So I'm curious what of relevance was getting "buried?"

Let's be real here. The ones complaining don't frequent the section often. When they do stop in they just don't want to sift through multiple pages to catch up on what they missed out on. nikkas lazy :manny:

What's ironic is videogame discussion here comes in spurts, but those unfamiliar act like its a 24/7/365 deal. The biggest gaming event of the year is a couple weeks away, of course its gonna dominate the forum. Gaming topics and stan wars were actually slow til E3 related news started dropping a week or two ago. Its funny cuz stanning was WAY WORSE this time last year and I don't recall a vote set forth by a no-name crying for a new forum :mjpls:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Most of the regular Arcadium posters seem to be against this move (regardless of your opinion of them).

This isn't like moving TSC to the Arcadium from the Coliseum. It was already a sub-forum. You're basically cutting an entire forum in half in this case. I don't think it's a good idea for activity.

If there's a problem with a thread you don't like, then there needs to be a change to moderation. We shouldn't need to create an entire separate forum because people want to "avoid" certain threads. Good threads are good threads regardless of their category.

Just think there could've been more things tried before doing this move. It felt a bit rushed.

Agreed. Most of the console threads have consisted of people trolling the other side (pretty much the way it's always been). And the phone wars/phone side aren't that deep. I don't even see people create OTs for newly released phones anymore. I don't know if this forum can survive off those things alone.

Thank you I never even heard of the OP...Staff needs to be a little less trigger happy here and the vote wasn't even that long by the time I saw it, it was done

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The only thing that was needed in the arcadium was another mod to help me with that forum.

Still an unnecessary split IMO and if people still felt it was necessary than the arcadium should be renamed and then have THIS as a subforum

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
This forum isn't big enough to warrant the separation, people will get lazy and just not bother. At least having both in one place means if you come looking for one, something popular and unexpected in another might catch your eye. Don't understand how this got implemented so fast.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
What was getting "buried," tho?

Official series threads are always first page the day a new episode airs and slows activity as the week goes on. Same for official movie threads. A good movie and TV discussion thread has always done numbers. Let a good Dragonball Z, Soprano, Breaking, The Wire thread pop off and its guaranteed 100 posts minimum. There wasn't a day the anime/manga thread wasn't first page most of the day. Same with that Godzilla thread. So I'm curious what of relevance was getting "buried?"

Let's be real here. The ones complaining don't frequent the section often. When they do stop in they just don't want to sift through multiple pages to catch up on what they missed out on. nikkas lazy :manny:

What's ironic is videogame discussion here comes in spurts, but those unfamiliar act like its a 24/7/365 deal. The biggest gaming event of the year is a couple weeks away, of course its gonna dominate the forum. Gaming topics and stan wars were actually slow til E3 related news started dropping a week or two ago. Its funny cuz stanning was WAY WORSE this time last year and I don't recall a vote set forth by a no-name crying for a new forum :mjpls:
Nothing was getting buried, but I've explained several times that court dog needed to be limited.

Nobody wanted to listen and in turn he is the main culprit for turning people away from the forum and wanting this section (which is unnecessary)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Nothing was getting buried, but I've explained several times that court dog needed to be limited.

Nobody wanted to listen and in turn he is the main culprit for turning people away from the forum and wanting this section (which is unnecessary)
nikka please :laff:
You contradicting fakkit :ufdup:
The only thing that was needed in the arcadium was another mod to help me with that forum.

Still an unnecessary split IMO and if people still felt it was necessary than the arcadium should be renamed and then have THIS as a subforum
You said it yourself, you can't handle this section. You never been GOOD
If they did evaluations which they don't do, you would have been :camby: a loooong time ago
The problem with this spot, and its been said to death is mostly YOUR FAULT
Cuz you refuse to put a muzzle on all the sony fans who's sole purpose is to derail every Xbox thread
Every thread that has the name Microsoft, including the Windows phone/surface

And when the phone wars was peaking, the same shyt would go down.

You muhfukka failed at your job, and the fact you wanna blame me like if you didn't already try this angle?
Made it so I could only make 3 threads a day.. but I didn't even know you applied that bytch shyt to me for months (all documented)
Only threads I make, is usually videogame discussion threads that YOU DON'T MODERATE
You don't have an excuse for that, so you failed this community because you allowed THEM to do what they want. No concequences. No fukks given. How do you expect me to act any different under these conditions you fukkin chump :camby:

EDIT: fukk, last post :steviej:

Daps
At least put tech in a subforum or something.

I never had a problem weeding through gaming threads, but looking at the front page, shyt is worse now. :snoop:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is stupid. Because of the ebb and flow of the videogame and movie industry each forum will die at certain times of the year. The videogame forum will pick up around E3 and Christmas and the move forum will pick up around November and May.

Plus right now not many people have the new consoles so talk on that front is mostly troll bait and sales threads. This forum was dominated by the TV and movie threads recently, without them the arcadium will be done after E3.
I haven't been in here recently that much because of the Playoffs and all the talk about the NBA Draft, but it's whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.