MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the info I’m gonna Switch now before The price goes up . Hmm so can I buy my tickets online ahead of time Or have to do it in person? Like if my girl wants a movie I just get the ticket online let her go see it without me if it’s some bull
You can do it ahead of time online or in the app. You can buy tickets for movies not even out yet.

I can buy a ticket for BlacKKKlansman now

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I never joined this thing. Whole thing seemed way too ambitious. Main reason I didn't join was because I didn't see myself going to the movies every weekend. This thing will be out of business soon because the business model isn't sustainable. They were paying full price for tickets and got no discounts negotiated. So you have people using it 4-5 times a month and paying less than one ticket, of course they ran out of cash.

I originally thought the theaters and movie studios would cut them a break on the tickets in exchange for their concessions(popcorn soda) revenues going up and bringing in more foot traffic

Price should have been at least about 30-40 bucks a person a month and meant for people who go every weekend to watch a new movie.

they were banking that people would use these like gym memberships...they were wrong

calh45

Cal
Daps
Thanks for the info I’m gonna Switch now before The price goes up . Hmm so can I buy my tickets online ahead of time Or have to do it in person? Like if my girl wants a movie I just get the ticket online let her go see it without me if it’s some bull

You can buy both tickets on the app and it'll change the price so you get your ticket for free and pay the balance for hers. movies have gone from me trying to figure out times and shyt to literally walking down the street and getting a ticket after work if I ain't got shyt else to do.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
That amc is only $15? Damn....

I’m in the worst spot for an amc tho. There’s like 3 different ones between 20-25 mins away, but none closer. :francis:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
AMC looks like a good option if you go to the movies at least two or three times a month...but for most couples your looking at paying 40 a month which still isn't bad if you go to movies that frequently

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That amc is only $15? Damn....

I’m in the worst spot for an amc tho. There’s like 3 different ones between 20-25 mins away, but none closer. :francis:

Thats my problem right now. Im in between bay plaza in the bronx or the one in the palisades over the bridge in nyack paying tolls but that one has imax. If i go to one imax show a month its worth it but my closest theater is 10 min away so
I dunno. Ill wait til i either see another MP price jump or A list jump

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Dont matter to me. I'll next be in the theater for Canelo vs GGG 2 next month...my anniversary year.

Daps
As far as i know you can watch whatever movies you want whether it's the same or different. Just know the limit is 3 per week.

Edit:

It's made me a movie snob now that I don't gotta worry about how much Imax cost. Since I got mine it's Imax only with the reserved seats for me.

Just a tiny bit of info, breh. A lot of the AMC's "imax" are not actual Imax - the streets call them Liemax. Only places in the country that show legit Imax's courtesy of wikipedia. Don't just limit yourself to there version of Imax(still better than regular), also check out the prime/dolby cinema versions of movies as well. I saw Mission impossible at the prime theater and it was :ohhh:.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Just a tiny bit of info, breh. A lot of the AMC's "imax" are not actual Imax - the streets call them Liemax. Only places in the country that show legit Imax's courtesy of wikipedia. Don't just limit yourself to there version of Imax(still better than regular), also check out the prime/dolby cinema versions of movies as well. I saw Mission impossible at the prime theater and it was :ohhh:.

I'm a bart ride away from Metreon in San Francisco. I know it's a legit one. Every time I watch a movie there it takes me the first few minutes of being a little dizzy to get used to it.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'm a bart ride away from Metreon in San Francisco. I know it's a legit one. Every time I watch a movie there it takes me the first few minutes of being a little dizzy to get used to it.

crazy how much the metreon changed, remember when there was a playstation store