MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Official statement from MoviePass. I’m posting the main 3 points

A letter to the MoviePass community

We must reduce availability for big new-release titles, such as Mission: Impossible - Fallout and other popular new releases, at least for a while as we adjust the business model. We are working on making this more clear in the app so you know which titles are available.

Showtimes that are offered through our service will vary from day to day, and every showtime may not be available. We encourage you to check the MoviePass app for showtimes before you leave for the theater.

While our customer service team has made great strides of late,we still have a long way to go to provide the most responsive customer service experience for you. In the meantime, access to immediate support may become limited. However, we are working to prioritize the requests of members who are at the theater and introduce more self-help tools, as well as focus our resources on fixing glitches and bugs in the app.

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
Email just popped in my inbox... :francis:

ySTk1QyRObjizXtle2A13h2pPV4JDV_IKxte0iHntcz1Xax1n88E3r8KIy6YIpalJxD6Xjl5nzeA2rHQXaz45jRZC8m1ss5an_MpPapqGOhXddTlgd6nZa0nQg7Xs9tJeiVRalvlg3rYwVdTsxosLf_DrPkMoaWi84-f3YA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear MoviePass Members,

First and foremost, I want to personally apologize to each of you for the inconsistencies and unreliability of our service over the past few days. Additionally, I regret our lack of proactive communication with you during this time; we are working hard to improve the communications to our community moving forward.

Over the last several days, we’ve begun making changes to our service that will help us continue to offer our members a high-value, low-cost, in-theater movie experience.

We believe that the company we have built — the fastest growing subscription company in history with more than 3 million members — has revolutionized the movie industry in the U.S. The first half of 2018 saw the total box office grow by almost 10 percent compared to last year, and we know MoviePass is responsible for a significant portion of that unprecedented growth.

In order to continue growing our service and maintaining a high level of financial discipline, we need to make some modifications:

• We must reduce availability for big new-release titles, such as Mission: Impossible - Fallout and other popular new releases, at least for a while as we adjust the business model. We are working on making this more clear in the app so you know which titles are available.
  • Showtimes that are offered through our service will vary from day to day, and every showtime may not be available. We encourage you to check the MoviePass app for showtimes before you leave for the theater.
  • While our customer service team has made great strides of late, we still have a long way to go to provide the most responsive customer service experience for you. In the meantime, access to immediate support may become limited. However, we are working to prioritize the requests of members who are at the theater and introduce more self-help tools, as well as focus our resources on fixing glitches and bugs in the app.
Finally, we want to be as transparent as we can with these changes and any future changes. We are committed to giving you the best experience. We count on your support and loyalty while we implement these necessary steps for the company you’ve grown to love.

Thank you for your understanding and patience, and we’ll be in touch with more updates as we have them.

Mitch Lowe, CEO of MoviePass

:stopitslime:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alamo drafthouse? I’d do a subscription with them, their theaters are great. I really need regal or landmark to do it tho. They’re the only ones within like 20 mins of me.

Yea its in beta and the yonkers theater will be the first location to try it out. They’re one of the only theaters to embrace movie past 1st. I would go there exclusively if the deal was worth it

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Email just popped in my inbox... :francis:

ySTk1QyRObjizXtle2A13h2pPV4JDV_IKxte0iHntcz1Xax1n88E3r8KIy6YIpalJxD6Xjl5nzeA2rHQXaz45jRZC8m1ss5an_MpPapqGOhXddTlgd6nZa0nQg7Xs9tJeiVRalvlg3rYwVdTsxosLf_DrPkMoaWi84-f3YA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear MoviePass Members,

First and foremost, I want to personally apologize to each of you for the inconsistencies and unreliability of our service over the past few days. Additionally, I regret our lack of proactive communication with you during this time; we are working hard to improve the communications to our community moving forward.

Over the last several days, we’ve begun making changes to our service that will help us continue to offer our members a high-value, low-cost, in-theater movie experience.

We believe that the company we have built — the fastest growing subscription company in history with more than 3 million members — has revolutionized the movie industry in the U.S. The first half of 2018 saw the total box office grow by almost 10 percent compared to last year, and we know MoviePass is responsible for a significant portion of that unprecedented growth.

In order to continue growing our service and maintaining a high level of financial discipline, we need to make some modifications:

• We must reduce availability for big new-release titles, such as Mission: Impossible - Fallout and other popular new releases, at least for a while as we adjust the business model. We are working on making this more clear in the app so you know which titles are available.
  • Showtimes that are offered through our service will vary from day to day, and every showtime may not be available. We encourage you to check the MoviePass app for showtimes before you leave for the theater.
  • While our customer service team has made great strides of late, we still have a long way to go to provide the most responsive customer service experience for you. In the meantime, access to immediate support may become limited. However, we are working to prioritize the requests of members who are at the theater and introduce more self-help tools, as well as focus our resources on fixing glitches and bugs in the app.
Finally, we want to be as transparent as we can with these changes and any future changes. We are committed to giving you the best experience. We count on your support and loyalty while we implement these necessary steps for the company you’ve grown to love.

Thank you for your understanding and patience, and we’ll be in touch with more updates as we have them.

Mitch Lowe, CEO of MoviePass

:stopitslime:

This fukkboy ass CEO. Thats ok limit it to certain shows a day. Ill just show up to cop that ticket at the kiosk then exchange it at customer service. Bleed this company dry

:mjlit:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
let me take a wild guess.... the new movies will not be accessed for weeks, so you end up paying anyway, cause who the fukk wants to wait... then when they are available, they will be retarded showing times, mostly during the day, when people work and matinee prices... then in the night, it'll be limited times and theaters, for full surge pricing

yea.... i'm out

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
let me take a wild guess.... the new movies will not be accessed for weeks, so you end up paying anyway, cause who the fukk wants to wait... then when they are available, they will be retarded showing times, mostly during the day, when people work and matinee prices... then in the night, it'll be limited times and theaters, for full surge pricing

yea.... i'm out

edit:

This fukkboy ass CEO. Thats ok limit it to certain shows a day. Ill just show up to cop that ticket at the kiosk then exchange it at customer service. Bleed this company dry

soon as i'm out, they pull me right back in :blessed:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

I've been doing that too:lolbron:. I also just stopped taking photos of tickets. If you do that you can just check in and use the card to buy any ticket. Only reason they'd know you bought a different ticket are the stub uploads and they are so desperate they arent banning anyone :francis:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I've been doing that too:lolbron:. I also just stopped taking photos of tickets. If you do that you can just check in and use the card to by any ticket. Only reason they'd know you bought a different ticket are the stub uploads and they are so desperate they arent banning anyone :francis:
i didn't even know you could do that.... go up there and select a movie then just buy whatever you want...

now i can see how they been losing money.. i mean of course them paying full price for tickets... but nikkas been gaming the system since inception with these little hacks. and the theater gives not a single fukk about exchanging tickets or anything else, cause they already got their $18 dollars..

shyt i wonder if i can exchange days later... "shyt i bought his transylvania 3 ticket for 11am monday by mistake... can i get Infinity War 2 on release night please" :mjgrin:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
checked my local theater last night after the email.... all showings listed

checked today... 1 show for each movie... all around 930-10pm or later... on a wednesday, when people gotta get up the next day....

these nikkas crazy as fukk but i gotta salute the troll game... shyt went from unlimited movies no strings... to 1 movie, 1 time and that time better be at bedtime :mjcry:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been doing that too:lolbron:. I also just stopped taking photos of tickets. If you do that you can just check in and use the card to by any ticket. Only reason they'd know you bought a different ticket are the stub uploads and they are so desperate they arent banning anyone :francis:

Oh word!?! How do u do that? Just click the “i dont have my ticket” link and it’ll give u access still the next day? I never tried that just did the trick i posted with taking the pic submit then exchange

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Oh word!?! How do u do that? Just click the “i dont have my ticket” link and it’ll give u access still the next day? I never tried that just did the trick i posted with taking the pic submit then exchange
I've done it 3 times and I just say I lost my ticket or I forgot in the explanation box. At this point even if they get to banning me who give a fukk, they are about to die in a month anyways :pachaha:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've done it 3 times and I just say I lost my ticket or I forgot in the explanation box. At this point even if they get to banning me who give a fukk, they are about to die in a month anyways :pachaha:

Lmao bet imma do that for the Meg this weekend