MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is AMC only compatible with AMC theaters? There's only three in Raleigh and none are near my house

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
they should've introduced a tier system earlier when they were building momentum. a $24/month for imax and $10/month for standard viewing. worst case scenario they should've increased standard viewing to $14/month. it probably wouldn't have made a difference but it's more money for them.

Is AMC only compatible with AMC theaters? There's only three in Raleigh and none are near my house

AMC is only good at AMC theaters. you show up to a century with that and you'll get the :gucci::camby:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they should've introduced a tier system earlier when they were building momentum. a $24/month for imax and $10/month for standard viewing. worst case scenario they should've increased standard viewing to $14/month. it probably wouldn't have made a difference but it's more money for them.

AMC is only good at AMC theaters. you show up to a century with that and you'll get the :gucci::camby:

Cool. When MP goes then I go I guess :mjcry:

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sinema and their app suck. I had both them and moviepass. But it is probably your best option if you don’t have AMC nearby.

I’ve been using AMC pass almost exclusively lately. shyt is so smooth

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
this flop is done and over with. The big theater companies creating their own versions is another nail in the coffin

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It's still alive :blessed:

shyt, even if only worked at my local indie theater I'd pay $15 a month

just curious, since you've been a member since before this craziness, what type of tiers did they have? I read up a bit on it a while back, but was it the same idea of "unlimited" films/month? Was it a more sustainable model? Or was it like Sinemia where it wasn't unlimited and only xx amount/month?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
just curious, since you've been a member since before this craziness, what type of tiers did they have? I read up a bit on it a while back, but was it the same idea of "unlimited" films/month? Was it a more sustainable model? Or was it like Sinemia where it wasn't unlimited and only xx amount/month?

Never used any tiers. I've always been unlimited.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This was always destined to fail at those prices. The main theater chain here on the Netherlands charges 20 euros for its unlimited subscription. It's managable because outside of movie nuts like myself, 20 euros is nothing to most teenagers and students who want to see all the blockbusters and since it's an in-house service, they see all the benefits and have a clear view of their customer's movie going habits.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
IM ON THE VERGE OF SWITCHING TO SINEMIA .. HONESTLY 2 MOVIES A MONTH IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME.

I JUST SIGNED UP TO MOVIEPASS LAST MONTH AND THE PEAK PRICING BULLSHIIT KICKED IN THE DAY AFTER I WATCHED MY FIRST MOVIE .. THEY ALSO CHARGED ME PEAK PRICING ON A MOVIE THAT WASNT EVEN LISTED UNDER PEAK PRICING. I ACCIDENTALLY CHECKED IN WITH “UNLISTED MOVIE” AND THEN I RE-CHECKED IN WITH THE CORRECT TITLE IMMEDIATELY AFTER, BUT THE SURCHARGE STILL APPLIED.

SO I WATCHED 1 MOVIE FREE, 1 MOVIE WITH A FAULTY $6 SURCHARGE, AND 1 MOVIE FULL PRICE BECAUSE THE APP WAS DOWN....NOT WORTH IT THUS FAR.

I WAS ALSO CONSIDERING AMC A-LIST, BUT SINEMIA’S $6.99 A MONTH MAY BE THE BEST DEAL OUT- JUST WORRIED ABOUT THE CLAIMS OF THE APP BEING A PAIN.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AMC looking even better now.

MoviePass Accelerates Plan For Profitability

MoviePass has implemented several new cost-reduction and subscription revenue increase measures:

• Actions that have been implemented are currently cutting the monthly burn by 60%.
  • A future increase of the standard pricing plan to $14.95 per month within the next 30 days.
  • First Run Movies opening on 1,000+ Screens to be limited in their availability during the first two weeks, unless made available on a promotional basis,
  • Implementation of additional tactics

Even if this is raised by $5 bucks from
My original $10 a month plan and i gotta wait 2 weeks to see flicks i wont mind because there are only a few movies my kids want to see first weekend. Now if they just exclude the blockbusters altogether then fukk em. The closest AMC to me here in yonkers is bay plaza or palisades so that travel time isnt appealing.

The alamo theater is rolling out there own unlimited season pass beta program that i signed up for so that might be my best alternative

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Even if this is raised by $5 bucks from
My original $10 a month plan and i gotta wait 2 weeks to see flicks i wont mind because there are only a few movies my kids want to see first weekend. Now if they just exclude the blockbusters altogether then fukk em. The closest AMC to me here in yonkers is bay plaza or palisades so that travel time isnt appealing.

The alamo theater is rolling out there own unlimited season pass beta program that i signed up for so that might be my best alternative
Alamo drafthouse? I’d do a subscription with them, their theaters are great. I really need regal or landmark to do it tho. They’re the only ones within like 20 mins of me.