MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Daps
Reppin
Denver
let me drop a few jewels on y'all

first off, get to the theater when they open.. surge pricing goes off ticket sales.. so if you want to see a 10pm movie, go get the tickets at 9am, before everyone starts buying them at noon

second, FIND THEATERS WITH BONUS PROGRAMS.... BUY TICKETS EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

Peep game.. Regal has a club card. For every $1 I spend, I get 100 points. Because movie pass is a credit card, Regal still honors all the money you spend. A ticket is $17 or so.. So you can earn 1700 points a day, just by swinging by the theater and buying some shyt... whether you see it or not. buy a friend a ticket, shyt don't got your name on it..... fukk it, buy a ticket and sell them bytches..............

oh... just thought this up... sell them bytches :mjlol:

do they got your name on it? no? ok so sell them for $10 a piece. somebody posts about some movie they wanna see.. "I got you" you only need 1 a month to make this shyt free :yeshrug:
Be careful with the regal club points shyt. The one by me said you can get fined if you do that.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Be careful with the regal club points shyt. The one by me said you can get fined if you do that.
:ohhh:

I should have put a disclaimer. I never tried any of this shyt except buying early :lolbron:

Last time I went, I wasn’t up to a free popcorn. I’m thinking if I did this routinely, when I actually wanted to see a movie, all good would be free based on points.

But fines. Nah

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
looks like peak pricing is taking effect in some regions, and it's based regionally not locally...

and

by labor day they'll have the imax options up

and it looks like they're also trying their hand at advanced screenings, got an email for a moviepass sponsored advance screening of Blindspotting next week.

I saw that trailer yesterday. Started off looking like a comedy with a goofy wannabe hood white boy but shyt changed real quick. I'll be checking that out

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
So should I grab moviepass or amc?

If you got a nice ass AMC near you, I'd go for that at this point. 12 movies/month ain't too bad, especially since it includes IMAX/3D, plus the stubs bonuses.

If you ain't got an AMC near by or it's a shythole onee or don't care bout IMAX/3D, MP.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you got a nice ass AMC near you, I'd go for that at this point. 12 movies/month ain't too bad, especially since it includes IMAX/3D, plus the stubs bonuses.

If you ain't got an AMC near by or it's a shythole onee or don't care bout IMAX/3D, MP.
Left work yesterday, there's a nice AMC a couple blocks from there, pulled up the app, saw Sorry to Bother You was starting in a couple minutes, reserved a seat, got the ticket free through the AMC pass, walked to the counter they scanned my phone, easy as shyt.

They allowed you to reserve a seat for the new Mission Impossible weeks ago

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
let me drop a few jewels on y'all

first off, get to the theater when they open.. surge pricing goes off ticket sales.. so if you want to see a 10pm movie, go get the tickets at 9am, before everyone starts buying them at noon

second, FIND THEATERS WITH BONUS PROGRAMS.... BUY TICKETS EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

Peep game.. Regal has a club card. For every $1 I spend, I get 100 points. Because movie pass is a credit card, Regal still honors all the money you spend. A ticket is $17 or so.. So you can earn 1700 points a day, just by swinging by the theater and buying some shyt... whether you see it or not. buy a friend a ticket, shyt don't got your name on it..... fukk it, buy a ticket and sell them bytches..............

oh... just thought this up... sell them bytches :mjlol:

do they got your name on it? no? ok so sell them for $10 a piece. somebody posts about some movie they wanna see.. "I got you" you only need 1 a month to make this shyt free :yeshrug:

That worked before they changed the rule where you can only see a movie once.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That worked before they changed the rule where you can only see a movie once.
Let me clear this up. These were just thoughts as I stood in line, paying for an $11 thing of popcorn

Now would I ever muster up the strength to go buy tickets every day. Hell no

But shyt movies come out every week. I promise you the local theater is playing 10 movies minimum, 6 of them you never heard of. I’m sure you can find ones to waste movie pass on. By the time the movie you want is out, all your food should be free with all your points

The question is...... how broke are you really

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie pass bout to fukk up 1st weekend totals cause ill just go on early friday morning if i want to see it bad or on a monday/tuesday. That shyt is $4.50 here in Ny and it aint much but wtf is the point of paying unlimited then? All the blockbusters for the year i wanted to see already came out so i hope it bombs on them.

Its a slap in the face to us early subscribers who got the $10 a month plan and doesnt effect the people on the annual or quarterly pricing

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The funny thing is people are reporting surge pricing on half full theater showings late in the day on 2 week old movies. I think on the weekend the pricing raises too.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I need movie pass to purchase tickets in advance online

certain theatres, they're partnered with you can do that. For instance both here in texas and in chicago studio movie grill allows you to reserve your seat from the house which is VERY convenient. that's also why I almost always use that theatre chain.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Can someone do a comparison chart or find one for those of us considering this? I feel like there are so many out there, and I'm worried about getting the wrong one.
Cinemark's Movie Club: $8.99/month
1 Free standard movie ticket a month, and unused tickets roll over, and you can use them to upgrade to XD, etc
8.99 standard movie tickets, no online fees
20% off concessions

AMC A-list: $19.95
Three Movies a week, including IMAX/3D
Stubs benefits, like upgrading drinks, concessions discount

Moviepass: $9.95/month
1 Free movie a day
Coming soon: buying a guest ticket, IMAX/3D upgrades

-Need to take photo of movie stub
-Peak pricing on certain movies

Sinemia: Depends on your plan choice but 4.99 - 14.99/month (but you're charged annually)
-4.99 plan is 1 movie a month
-9.99 is 2 a month but it also includes 1 IMAX/3D

-ability to buy online/advance tickets

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Just need Regal to split the difference between AMC & MP and introduce a 14.99 plan
This peak pricing is a scam by MP
Every showtime for Skycraper was peak at my local theater and for other theaters where it wasn't peak the app would update it to peak when it realized via GPS you were close to another theater:francis:
I paid the extra but there was only like 10 people total in my showtime:stopitslime:
They should have just upped it to 14.99 for new subscribers instead of doing this

Last edited: