MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The AMC shyt is $20 a month for 3 movies a week at only AMCs. Why in the world would someone do that over $10 a month for 7 movies a week at any theater?
Because paying for peak shows pushes the $10 higher and because a year from now AMC is guaranteed to still be around. Also the AMC includes stuff like IMAX for that $20.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Oh I got you. I usually avoid the movies on Friday/Saturday night. So not booking in advance and peak time charges don’t bother me.

Yeah me and my girl use this for date nights and we are in a major city so movies usually sell quick. Hell we thought nobody was going to see Superfly and got to an AMC like 30 minutes early and the showinggs were damn near sold out.

I bought tickets for Sorry to bother you and Ant man in advance just because i knew they would sell fast. I did the same for black panther, deadpool, and infinity wars. The money I spent on those big blockbusters we could have just did the AMC thing which would have let me get tickets and seats way in advance.

Like i said outside of spring and summer things aint that bad, but forexample Creed comes out in Nov and I know it will sell out. The 25-30 i spend to buy in advance coulda went to the AMC program

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Yeah the AMC sub is worth it if you live near a nice AMC in a decent size city.

Tickets sell out pretty quick so I can’t use shyt with no reserve seating.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I prety much use this on matinee's 100% of the time so this surge pricing isnt an issue. I also like the flexibility of going to the theater with the unlimited popcorn and drinks or the one with recliners, just depending on how i feel. Plus all the AMC's are on the north end of Atlanta and im down south so fukk that.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I prety much use this on matinee's 100% of the time so this surge pricing isnt an issue. I also like the flexibility of going to the theater with the unlimited popcorn and drinks or the one with recliners, just depending on how i feel. Plus all the AMC's are on the north end of Atlanta and im down south so fukk that.
They bring it to you or do have to get up and get it? I never get up during a flick.

Daps
Looks like surge pricing only really going to fukk with you if you’re going on opening night between 7 and 9 and trying to buy at that time.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
looks like peak pricing is taking effect in some regions, and it's based regionally not locally...

and

by labor day they'll have the imax options up
MoviePass says you'll be able to see Imax movies with your subscription by Labor Day

In the wake of MoviePass' launch of surge pricing, in which the movie-ticket subscription service charges $2 to $6 extra for popular movies on the weekends, there's now some news that subscribers are sure to find more favorable: You'll get to see Imax movies with MoviePass soon.

In a conversation with MoviePass CEO Mitch Lowe on Wednesday, he told Business Insider that by Labor Day the app would allow subscribers to select, for $2 to $5, the option to see movies in premium formats like Imax or Real 3D.

Currently, MoviePass allows its subscribers to see only standard 2D movies.

"Imagine you're a customer and now you can go to what typically might be a $17 or $18 ticket for an extra $5?" Lowe told Business Insider. "That's going to be extremely valuable."

It's sure to be a welcome sight for subscribers living in major markets like New York or Los Angeles. In New York City, seeing a movie in Imax or Real 3D ranges from $20 to $24 a ticket, so MoviePass subscribers, who generally pay $10 a month, would be saving money even with an added price as high as $5.

Lowe also said a bring-a-friend option, which he said the company had been testing with its e-ticketing partners, would most likely be rolled out at the same time as the premium Imax pricing. The feature would allow subscribers to buy a second ticket when selecting their movie at the theater. Lowe added that if the friend you bring becomes a MoviePass subscriber within 24 hours of seeing the movie, you will receive a refund for that person's ticket on MoviePass.

This all comes on the heels of MoviePass' announcement of implementing peak pricing for popular movies. It was introduced for the first time in a handful of cities this past weekend and charges the MoviePass subscriber extra for seeing a movie the company deems popular at a specific showtime. Lowe said it would take effect for all US MoviePass subscribers by the end of July.

Each month, a subscriber is allowed to waive one peak fee.

Lowe suggested the best way to avoid the surge price was to see popular movies on weekdays.

"Our whole mission is to reenergize the occasional moviegoer, those people who were only going four or five times a year, now they are going nine, 10, 12 times a year with MoviePass," he said. "They will likely not have a surge pricing because every customer gets one free pass a month. If you go once a month, you won't pay a surge price. It's only if you go more than once and you happen to go to a film that may be within surge pricing on a given weekend. So if you see a movie on a Tuesday, the same film that on a Friday may be under peak pricing, you won't have that charge."

and it looks like they're also trying their hand at advanced screenings, got an email for a moviepass sponsored advance screening of Blindspotting next week.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
It asked me to take a pic of my ticket im not sure what thats about

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
let me drop a few jewels on y'all

first off, get to the theater when they open.. surge pricing goes off ticket sales.. so if you want to see a 10pm movie, go get the tickets at 9am, before everyone starts buying them at noon

second, FIND THEATERS WITH BONUS PROGRAMS.... BUY TICKETS EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

Peep game.. Regal has a club card. For every $1 I spend, I get 100 points. Because movie pass is a credit card, Regal still honors all the money you spend. A ticket is $17 or so.. So you can earn 1700 points a day, just by swinging by the theater and buying some shyt... whether you see it or not. buy a friend a ticket, shyt don't got your name on it..... fukk it, buy a ticket and sell them bytches..............

oh... just thought this up... sell them bytches :mjlol:

do they got your name on it? no? ok so sell them for $10 a piece. somebody posts about some movie they wanna see.. "I got you" you only need 1 a month to make this shyt free :yeshrug: