MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
just got an email

they will now charge extra for peak times and days

they will now let you buy a friend a ticket, directly off the app when you buy... and if they sign up, they get the money refunded

they are going to start letting you buy imax and 3d tickets for a small extra charge

some good, fukking terrible bout this peak time shyt.. i do understand they can't sustain it.. but dammit i want what i signed up for... free, unlimited, all the time, $10

I`m on the 89 dollar annual plan, but yeah the peak time stuff is kind of annoying since they are the ones who can decide at any moment something is peak time. Especially for us in major cities.

Daps
:mjlol: just got an email about them selling merch...who the fukk gon rock a MP shirt like that?

25a8200370aabfb56b2441b4d0ba2ca6.jpg

they really trying every avenue to keep it going :mjgrin:

They gotta do something to stop all the money they losing.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Just looked at the new movies coming out in June and July. Looks like I'm canceling it after one month. Would rarely use it from September-Early May because of work, and everything coming out in June and July I would want to see is limited release and we never get that stuff around here. What a shytty fukking summer for movies.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I usually see movies at studio which is partnered with movie pass so I can reserve tickets from the crib. But today I use AMC for a change and they are making me take pictures of the stub :dahell:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Just looked at the new movies coming out in June and July. Looks like I'm canceling it after one month. Would rarely use it from September-Early May because of work, and everything coming out in June and July I would want to see is limited release and we never get that stuff around here. What a shytty fukking summer for movies.

Why? One movie in a month more than pays for the service. I did a matinee at AMC and that's even over $10. It's a lick.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Why? One movie in a month more than pays for the service. I did a matinee at AMC and that's even over $10. It's a lick.
There are literally zero movies coming out in July at my local theater that I want to see. My theater never gets limited release movies, so below are the wide release movies coming out next month. No interest whatsoever.

July 4 (Wednesday)
The First Purge

July 6 (Friday)
Ant-Man and the Wasp

July 13 (Friday)
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
Skyscraper

July 20 (Friday)
The Equalizer 2
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
Unfriended: Dark Web

July 27 (Friday)
Mission: Impossible - Fallout
Sorry to Bother You (Expands)
Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
going to a theater is out of the way?

my local theater is within walking distance.
If it's not inside my house or not on the way to or from work, then something is out of the way. My local theater is 3.9 miles away, but I have to go through the busiest part of the city to get there with several traffic lights that can have very long red lights, and that's 100% unavoidable, so its easily a 10+ minute drive because of that.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If it's not inside my house or not on the way to or from work, then something is out of the way. My local theater is 3.9 miles away, but I have to go through the busiest part of the city to get there with several traffic lights that can have very long red lights, and that's 100% unavoidable, so its easily a 10+ minute drive because of that.

If there's traffic on the way home from work, I'll get off at one of the two studio movie grill theaters on the side of the expressway on my commute. Not only do I get to avoid the rush hour traffic, but I'm getting out of the 100 degree Texas heat as well.

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
How much is the IMAX, 3D package expected to be?

How will MoviePass support RealD 3D and IMAX movies?

MoviePass members will be able to see RealD 3D and IMAX movies by paying the difference between the premium ticket price and standard ticket price through the MoviePass app. Then, members will be able to check in on the app as they normally would and the balance will be billed to the member's credit card on file.

Premium Showings (IMAX & 3D) - Coming Soon