Morocco just made history at the World Cup - do you consider them as Africans or Arab?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why would anybody be celebrating Elon being the richest African, this isn’t as good of a point that you think it is
If Elon Musk was a black Nigerian being the founder of Tesla, buying Twitter and being the richest man in the world beating Jeff Bezos, yeah I’m sure no African would celebrate :mjlol:

Supper

All Star
Daps
Fam we might both be Black Americans but we are not the same. The nerve of you talking that "self hate" shyt when your entire identity is consumed with "the harsh conditions of chattel slavery". I'm not with that shyt where we carry our identity like it's some burden of the worst to happen to us. We precede chattel slavery, survived, & it's really on us to define ourselves going forward.

I'm working with folks in various African countries on OUR behalf. If you wanna sulk in grief masked as "pride" then so be it. But don't get it fukked up when "Pannys" such as myself move & think like the warriors we are.

I guarantee you for every one panny like you that fans out over getting to talk to and do favors for some immigrants from Africa that you admire and fetishize so much and calling it "working on our behalf" there's at least a 1000 Chinese happily, mutually, doing business at a much larger more meaningful scale with Africans IN AFRCA without injecting all the fake emotionally attached panny sentiments into it. And that's why they're more successful doing business with Africans than any panny. They keep it JUST business- It's mutally understood they're foreigners. No issues with begging them for their kinship or identity or none of that bs like y'all.

And you right. me and you fashisho ain't the same AT ALL as I just explained. You induldge in self hating delusions, like the bolded. I belong to the black american ppl group. Our ethnogensis started here out of chattel slavery. I stand proud on that I don't run from that fact like self loathing panny like you do. It was my kind of ppl like David Walker, Harriet Tubman and Fredrick Douglas who opposed the WHITE racist plans to ship the freed slaves to Africa, cuz they knew they were Black AND American, proud of it, and were going to stand and fight in these lands against our oppressors- Not run away physically or mentally to go be an African warrior(like the kind who captured and sold our ancestors. talk about Stockholm syndrome).

Last edited:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
They founded the Black Panthers in Israel.
They were part of the Casablanca Group
Not entirely sold on the Moorish-Connection but many of them are visibly negro or descended.

Moroccans are good Africans to me:handshake:
%D7%90%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%97_%D7%94%D7%A4%D7%A0%D7%AA%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%9D_%D7%94%D7%A9%D7%97%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%9D_%287642295888%29.jpg

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
They are geographically African. Not doubt about it. That's an objective REALITY.

But are they African in the political and cultural sense? One can doubt it. There is a huge push over there to claim a Mediteranean and Middle eastern belonging over an african one. They clearly make distinction between them and 'subsahariann' as they call us (and I hate that word).

Of course, you have a portion of the population that see themselves as fully African, in the sense that they belong to the same group with black africans. But they seem to be a minority.

However, I must add that Morocco has lot of links with Africa, more than the other north african countries.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The pure ignorance in this thread has been entertaining, not gonna lie.

Africa is a CONTINENT, people. It's made up of over 50 distinct countries, all with their own distinct history and has billions of people of various genetic backgrounds, the same way in which Brazilians are South Americans, but are a completely distinct group from Peruvians or Argentinians.

African does NOT mean Black.

The reason you THINK it does is due to racist conditioning from White colonials boiling down everything in the rich and diverse continent of Africa to a distinct set of features THEIR SLAVES had.

Black people (as we know them here in the states) come from mainly West Africa, as that is where the slave trade mainly took place.

We are genetically distinct from other African groups like the homie @Rhakim has been trying to explain to you speds. If I took a genetic test and a person from the San tribe took a test, we most likely wouldn't have more than a 5% overlap.

No one is calling Moroccans "BLACK" (although there ARE Black Moroccans). They are simply being called African, because their country is in Africa.

:picard:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
What does this mean?
It's a sense of belonging. Africa is not just a continent, it's also an identity or a meta identity. That's the reason why most black african countries were supporting Cameroon when Milla was doing wonders in the world cup. They saw it as win for them too. It does not mean that there is no national identities and even frictions, it's just mean that people recognize that there is an entity they belong to with other people they see as their peers.

And North African countries most of the time exclude themselves from that. I'm not blaming them for doing that, I'm just noticing.