Morocco just made history at the World Cup - do you consider them as Africans or Arab?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Bruh, them passport bros(lame as they are) dollar for dollar are doing more "business" in Africa than you. lol

And actually quiet as it's kept. A lot of Africans(North and Sub Saharan) embrace a "continental" sense of Pan Africanism which just means anybody in and from Africa is African. So that would exclude you.

Much more than the "transatlantic" type of racialized pan africanism american pannies subscribe to. Some even acknowledge white south africans as comrades. What do you think forms the basis of the AU?
How you gon tell me bout some shyt I'm actually doing and you outwardly reject :dead: Again go wrap yourself in the flag Captain America

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem is a lot of these nikkas still think cacs are the only enemy. Every other non black group is a friend and
"African" = Pure Black,

North Africans follow this themselves.

This is literally what one of the Moroccan players said after their game

FjYnrQdWQAUN5M5.jpg

Notice how he doesn't say "African" :mjlol:
But coli just told me they don’t see themselves as Arabs :mjlol:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they are definitely african
whether they are black is debatable
seems like they are mulattoes who were conquered by arabs
arabs closer to indians and pakistanis

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada

Supper

All Star
Daps
How you gon tell me bout some shyt I'm actually doing and you outwardly reject :dead: Again go wrap yourself in the flag Captain America

Doing what? :skip:Going on a vacay?

I ain't anti-tourism. Hell I might peep cape town south africa soon. And guess what Imma still be a non African Black American foreigner when I get there and after I leave.

Go get Haiti(who got rejected) and yourself admitted as members into the Africa Union like them white skinned North Africans and White South Africans already are. lol Then I might believe ya, African keyboard warrior.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Well that’s why I asked because everywhere I’ve been seeing Moroccans is claiming Africa and correcting people on the Arab stuff.

That’s just on Twitter but I thought it was interesting.
These Moroccans exist. The 'African' question, which is a question about the identity of Morocco (and you can say the same about Algeria and, to a lesser extend Egypt) is politically sensible and hot. However, I suspect those who claims the 'Africanity' of Morocco are a minorit, or maybe they are just less audible.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You can't really pay the Locker Room any mind. They don't really know any Maghrebis or other North Africans in real life.

I know Egyptians, Algerians, Libyans, Moroccans etc.

An Egyptian man messaged me during the World Cup telling me that Africa needs to avenge Uruguay. An Algerian was telling me how he was looking forward to the next AfCon and how Morocco is representing "us" well.

:russell:

Y'all are boring.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Claim them as African as y’all idiots are doing. But just like the other groups y’all have been desperately claiming to be black and yet told you clearly to y’all faces they’re not black and will never be black, neither will Moroccans. Post your dna tests and historical nonsense but none of that shyt matters.

Have some fukking pride in your race and stop trying to incorporate the whole world into it.
you are embarassing yourself all over this thread

Africa is a giant place. How can everyone in the continent be from one group?
it is completely normal for the places closer to Europe to be dominated by mulattoes
just because someone doesn't fukk with you, doesn't change genetics

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Considering that the country is in Africa the answer is obvious

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You can't really pay the Locker Room any mind. They don't really know any Maghrebis or other North Africans in real life.

I know Egyptians, Algerians, Libyans, Moroccans etc.

An Egyptian man messaged me during the World Cup telling me that Africa needs to avenge Uruguay. An Algerian was telling me how he was looking forward to the next AfCon and how Morocco is representing "us" well.

:russell:

Y'all are boring.

This is facts.

I have a mod on my channel that I occasionally play games with on my streams that is Moroccan-British. Dude claims Africa all day. :snoop:

These dudes have no concept of the outside world.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Doing what? :skip:Going on a vacay?

I ain't anti-tourism. Hell I might peep cape town south africa soon. And guess what Imma still be a non African Black American foreigner when I get there and after I leave.

Go get Haiti(who got rejected) and yourself admitted as members into the Africa Union like them white skinned North Africans and White South Africans already are. lol Then I might believe ya, African keyboard warrior.
Here you are in America, on some device manufactured in Asia, using more minerals from the continent-- just to ask me about vacays and tourism.

Zero vision :wow: stay in your lane