Morocco just made history at the World Cup - do you consider them as Africans or Arab?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you're trying to say that light-skinned people native to Africa are the equivlent of White Europeans who happen to move there? :dahell:

Congratulations, you now have the two stupidest takes of the day.
Nikka your dumb ass is bringing up light skinned Ethiopians who clearly look ethnically African compared to these Moroccans who look more southern European than ethnically African.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since Elon Musk is from South Africa I guess we should all celebrate an African man being the richest man in the world. Dumbasses :mjlol:
White people invaded Zululand a little over 100 years ago.

Berbers are native people in North and West Africa. They are one of the oldest ethnic groups in all of Africa going back thousands of years, just like the ethic groups South of the Sahel. .

Berbers don't just live in places like Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Algeria and Egypt. They also live in places like Mali, Niger and Mauritania.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
It's always Black people claiming motherfukkers with a tan; North Africans are NOT Black

If you're AA and/or WI, our ancestors are from the coastal Niger-Congolese areas of West and Central Africa, our cousins from that area of the continent are increasingly being overlooked and it's disturbing af tbh

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Genetically, Moroccan DNA is primarily from the "Northern African" genetic group. This is the same group that dominates among Tunisians, among the Sahrawi people (of Western Sahara and Mauritania), and among the Mozabite people (of southern Algeria). It's also a partial component in Libya, Algeria, and Egypt. As others have said, it's basically the "Berber" group and is completely native to Africa alone.

Various Moroccan groups also have minor admixtures of Western African, Eastern African, and in some cases Southern European, Arabian and West Asian DNA, but all of those groups are relatively minor components compared to the Northern African component.

This is referring to ancient admixture from premodern times, not current mixing. Here's the best paper (deepest analysis with the most ethnic groups included) that I've seen to date:

Human ancestry correlates with language and reveals that race is not an objective genomic classifier | Scientific Reports

41598_2017_1837_Fig1_HTML.jpg

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Claim them as African as y’all idiots are doing. But just like the other groups y’all have been desperately claiming to be black and yet told you clearly to y’all faces they’re not black and will never be black, neither will Moroccans. Post your dna tests and historical nonsense but none of that shyt matters.

Have some fukking pride in your race and stop trying to incorporate the whole world into it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nikka your dumb ass is bringing up light skinned Ethiopians who clearly look ethnically African compared to these Moroccans who look more southern European than ethnically African.

Claiming someone is African based on a few facial features that aren't even uniform across Africa was a pure White European move. I already laid out the genetics for you, you're an idiot if you think a few stereotypical features define your origins. Again, that's literally what the White people decided, not what Africans had ever decided about themselves.

Soccer_World_Cup_Arab_Soccer_Growth__95991.jpg

the-habesha.jpg

B2E54540-FB9C-4DB6-B1B3-8AB9BC363440+2.JPG

autbka72x0r51.jpg

The Moroccans and Ethiopians in the first three pictures are more closely related to each other than either one is to the Khoisan people in the last picture. And all three of them have comparatively little admixture with West African or Central African groups. So by what criteria are you arbitrarily deciding that Khoisan and Ethiopians are African, but Moroccans, Tunisian, and Libyans are not?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve actually been to Morocco and know Moroccans. I didn’t like the place the people were scummy but I’m not a huge fan of Arabs.

They’re Arab people but there are some people from the rural areas who are black/mixed

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Claim them as African as y’all idiots are doing. But just like the other groups y’all have been desperately claiming to be black and yet told you clearly to y’all faces they’re not black and will never be black, neither will Moroccans. Post your dna tests and historical nonsense but none of that shyt matters.

Have some fukking pride in your race and stop trying to incorporate the whole world into it.

Who decided that "African" was a race?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Went to Morocco a few years back and they kept thinking I was one of them. Once they found out I was American they kept telling me “welcome back home” :mjcry:

They are Africans first and mostly Arab (in the medinas)
Second you get outside that though and into the Atlas Mountains it’s Berbers everywhere

A truly unique country as it’s an old world port and everyone there spoke 3 or more languages just like Amsterdam