Morocco just made history at the World Cup - do you consider them as Africans or Arab?

Daps

This video is incredible. Brotha is really getting love like that in Morocco? I love everything about this. When I think of being a passport breh, this is what I'm thinking about. I don't need to travel for sex. But being able to experience a different culture and how people live in different parts of the world is :wow:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
People from Morocco have very little Arab admixture & genetically they’re closer to West Africans than any other group. Their haplogroup is below:

main-qimg-3167778ed590914f6553d2096f490250-lq

The only Arab influence there is the fact that they’re mostly Muslims (that came with the Ottoman Empire) & some of them speak Arabic. However, the overwhelming majority of them speak Berber languages. And Berbers are all over North & West Africa & they come in different shades - from very light, to very dark skin shades.

A lot of the admixture in Morocco has a lot to do with European migration due to its proximity to Iberian peninsula - not cos they’re Arabs.

Most of the people from Morocco I see online are also saying they’re Africans not Arabs. Ditto all the Moroccans I know.

So, what does The Coli think?
There’s more than one ethnic group in Morocco, admixture within ethnic groups, more than one haplogroup, and there’s no context behind why that specific haplogroup is highlighted.

From an anthropological perspective it’s meaningless to extrapolate that these people are African purely off their genetics. As there is no true “African” gene pool, unless we’re talking about the one we all share with Lucy :heh:

Africa is a man made concept, it’s also the largest continent in existence. It’s just that due to the historical racist white power structure all people in that continent are grouped together and not in a positive way. And even geologically, Morocco is literally located in Africa so there’s no real justification in making this position beyond social reasons.

I get what you are trying to allude sociologically, but Morocco as a state is notoriously racist and anti-black. So I’m against just inviting mfers to the cookout who obviously aren’t on our side.

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
They're not Arabs the same way Persians and Turks arent Arabs. They're as African as it gets, Berbers arent even close to Arabs on any genetic marker, they're closer related to Sudanese or Eritreans than Arabs. The reason they're lighter is because of endless wars, conquest and slave trading between them and Southern Europe for thousands of years.

End result = South Euros (Spain, Portugal, Italy) became darker and learned some African things other Euros didnt (how to season food, how to dance, extremely religious in comparison) and the Morroccans became lighter in skin tone and more tolerant of other people than the other Muslim countries in comparison with the exception of Turkey, less oppressive on women compared to like Saudi or Qatar.

Moroccans are African though, no doubt. They're closer related to Euros than Arabs but even the whitest ones would be around 30 to 40 percent African genetically. Probably more so than modern Egyptians.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Technically they’re on the continent but I just don't: :ld: The Sahel is something else. I used to work with a lady that hooped for their Olympic team if I remember right (she's pretty tall) and one of my connects is from another country further south, but he lives out there. I'll have to check with them on their reaction to this.

At the end of the day I'm rooting for them on some David vs Goliath shyt but I can't help but feel like I have more in common as a Black American than they do. And they're right there... i don't think any of this matters for the world cup tho

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
They're not Arabs the same way Persians and Turks arent Arabs. They're as African as it gets, Berbers arent even close to Arabs on any genetic marker, they're closer related to Sudanese or Eritreans than Arabs. The reason they're lighter is because of endless wars, conquest and slave trading between them and Southern Europe for thousands of years.

End result = South Euros (Spain, Portugal, Italy) became darker and learned some African things other Euros didnt (how to season food, how to dance, extremely religious in comparison) and the Morroccans became lighter in skin tone and more tolerant of other people than the other Muslim countries in comparison with the exception of Turkey, less oppressive on women compared to like Saudi or Qatar.

Moroccans are African though, no doubt. They're closer related to Euros than Arabs but even the whitest ones would be around 30 to 40 percent African genetically. Probably more so than modern Egyptians.
are you saying that turkey is more tolerant of other people? cause i was just there and i would not say that at all