Morocco just made history at the World Cup - do you consider them as Africans or Arab?

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean like this guy, who is actually doing it rather than just saying shyt on the internet for daps?

Moroccans celebrating with Senegalese in Morocco after Sénégal won the African Cup earlier this year:

People are choosing to be obtuse and ignore everything that goes against their specific view of things.

Beyond that, I don’t get the point of the debate to begin with? People are free to support who they wish, but no point for hostility about a nice underdog, sporting story. Players haven’t conducted themselves in any way that should warrant that.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
If you’ve been to Morocco before, go to museums, read the history and talk to the people ; you’ll easily know the answer to this question.

If you know any Moroccans you’ll know the answer to this question.

Same with Egyptians.

They’re our African brothers, and that’s that.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
"African" = Pure Black,

North Africans follow this themselves.

This is literally what one of the Moroccan players said after their game

FjYnrQdWQAUN5M5.jpg

Notice how he doesn't say "African" :mjlol:
Boufal isn’t African born as he was born and raised in France.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Moroccans celebrating with Senegalese in Morocco after Sénégal won the African Cup earlier this year:

People are choosing to be obtuse and ignore everything that goes against their specific view of things.

Beyond that, I don’t get the point of the debate to begin with? People are free to support who they wish, but no point for hostility about a nice underdog, sporting story. Players haven’t conducted themselves in any way that should warrant that.

Some people in this thread want to undermine pan-African unity but they shall not succeed!

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Well, if you want to believe that then that's fine. I know these people didn't look the same even 2000 years ago.
:why:
This is funny! The Romans conquered North Africa more than 2,000 years ago and didn’t remark on North African Berbers being dark skinned like the Egyptians

You don’t know African history like me, @Rhakim or @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Well, if you want to believe that then that's fine. I know these people didn't look the same even 2000 years ago.
This is from the tomb of Seti I who ruled Egypt as the second Pharoah of the 19th Dynasty in the 14th Century BCE....almost 4,000 years ago.....

Egyptian_races.jpg

From left to right, a Libyan, a Nubian, an Asiatic, and an Egyptian.​

Last edited:

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
African or Arab :skip:

There are literal Arabs in Africa so the whole thread is based on a false dichotomy. Most Moroccans are not ethnically Arab though. Just like Lebanese, Syrians etc are not ethnically Arab yet are still viewed as Arabs culturally.

Most Moroccans are Amazigh. Some are black, some are not. But they're definitely African :what:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
African or Arab :skip:

There are literal Arabs in Africa so the whole thread is based on a false dichotomy. Most Moroccans are not ethnically Arab though. Just like Lebanese, Syrians etc are not ethnically Arab yet are still viewed as Arabs culturally.

Most Moroccans are Amazigh. Some are black, some are not. But they're definitely African :what:
What percentage of Morrocans identify as MENA (Middle Eastern North African) vs. African?

Watch this y'all... let's see if he is gonna lie lmao.

I know y'all Coli brehs don't like it when I ask questions...

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
What percentage of Morrocans identify as MENA (Middle Eastern North African) vs. African?

Watch this y'all... let's see if he is gonna lie lmao.

I know y'all Coli brehs don't like it when I ask questions...

I have no clue. Who gives a shyt. Their country is literally in Africa :dahell:

There are literal descendants of West African slaves on this very forum who reject their African heritage and claim to descend from indigenous Americans. Some claim to be Israelites. Point is, ppl can claim what they want. History/geography/genetics is what matters.

Also, I don't get why some of y'all act like y'all are authorities on what's African. Berbers literally been in Africa forever. I don't think they give a shyt what coli brehs believe.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Is the country of Morocco technically in Africa? Yes. Do I consider them African or "Arab"? Both, but moreso "Arab", although they are not mutually exclusive. :comeon:

They are of course not black, so I don't root for them just like I wouldn't root for South Africa or Algeria or any of the other non-black countries over there. :pacspit:

This is why we need the Negraph app fr. :mjlol: fukk all the DNA posts in here. If a Moroccan dude called me anything that begins with "n-i-g", he's catching hands and feet. :yeshrug: I got black Africans over here that don't have that issue with me. :usure:

Coli dudes in here debating:
- whether they're black or not (they're clearly not);
- whether they're really African (they're not if you're equating African with black).

Saudi Arabia, UAE, and all those other ME countries are technically in Asia; they're not what we call Asians, and they're brawds aren't PAAGs. :martin:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Is the country of Morocco technically in Africa? Yes. Do I consider them African or "Arab"? Both, but moreso "Arab", although they are not mutually exclusive. :comeon:

They are of course not black, so I don't root for them just like I wouldn't root for South Africa or Algeria or any of the other non-black countries over there. :pacspit:

This is why we need the Negraph app fr. :mjlol: fukk all the DNA posts in here. If a Moroccan dude called me anything that begins with "n-i-g", he's catching hands and feet. :yeshrug: I got black Africans over here that don't have that issue with me. :usure:

Coli dudes in here debating:
- whether they're black or not (they're clearly not);
- whether they're really African (they're not if you're equating African with black).

Saudi Arabia, UAE, and all those other ME countries are technically in Asia; they're not what we call Asians, and they're brawds aren't PAAGs. :martin:

Demographics of South Africa - Wikipedia
The 2011 census figures for these groups were Black African at 80.2%…
:dead:
194da830efea4a4494cda155be86713c.jpg