Morocco just made history at the World Cup - do you consider them as Africans or Arab?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
West, central and East Africans and their descendants (that would include Carribeans, ADOS, etc ) always celebrating the efforts of their peers, being oveely inclusive whether to Hispanics or Chinese only for them to continously get bullied in them same fukk ass countries :hhh:
We sometimes say Asians want acceptance from whites but no race on this planet is more desperate for acceptance from another race than black people and that’s a fact. If you tell them to love themselves and ignore other races they’ll burn you alive. shyt is so pathetic.

I mean just look at this thread already.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I always found soccer fans a lil ridiculous
either they nationalistic in their fandom
or you can find an African person whose favorite team is mexico
you would think they born in mexico
same for every other race
folks have their teams.....usually has nothing to do with race or the country itself...
that is their team....

on another note....I have discovered two youtube channels...
one called Free Documentary and other called Best Documentary...
been binge watching for weeks now....have learned so much about other places....

education is always a nice thing to have....
else we do the platos cave thing and make a fool of ourselves when we spout bullshyt

Top Left

Banned
Daps
Well I’ll tell you this when I first put on the game I thought Morocco was Portugal due to the uniform. If that was Nigeria playing with the same color uniform no way I would make that mistake.
People from Morocco have ruled Spain and Portugal for over 800 years, cacs have ruled the Americas for a little over 600 years.

If you were to put a light skinned Moroccan next to a Portuguese or Spaniard you couldn’t tell the difference until they open their mouth.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
We sometimes say Asians want acceptance from whites but no race on this planet is more desperate for acceptance from another race than black people and that’s a fact. If you tell them to love themselves and ignore other races they’ll burn you alive. shyt is so pathetic.

I have been following this thread since yesterday whilst soaking in all the arguments & you seem like the most aggressive anti-Moroccan poster on the thread.

What’s laughable in all the back & forth is that once you take out politics & revisionism in trying to whitewash North Africa - the average Moroccan is genetically closer to people in Senegal/Mali/Niger than they’re to anyone in the Arab world. And countries like Mali, Morocco, Algeria & Niger share an intersection of certain ethnic groups. Moroccans might look lighter than Somalis & Eritreans for example but they have way lesser Arab admixture than people from both countries.

I think the whole thing has more to do with colonisation by Ottoman Empire & the subsequent imposition of Islam & Arabic. Their admixture is mostly European from the Iberian peninsula not Arab.

The funny thing in all of this is that: there are Muslim ethnic groups in Nigeria with dark skin that feel closer to Arabs than other Nigerian ethnic groups. But does that make them Arabs? It’s more of a Muslim affinity thing & Arabs generally don’t even claim North Africans as part of their commonwealth unless it’s for political reasons & issues like this one.

Regardless, I’m not claiming them & I’ll let Moroccans do that themselves. But their success has increased Africa’s World Cup slots to 11 which is a good omen to the continent to showcase its talents.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
They’re not black Africans. I don’t give a fukk who they’re related to. Why are y’all desperately trying to link these people to black Africans when they themselves have told y’all to y’all faces that they’re Arabs and Muslims first and nothing else :mjlol:
were in my post do you see black african?

Top Left

Banned
Daps
I have been following this thread since yesterday whilst soaking in all the arguments & you seem like the most aggressive anti-Moroccan poster on the thread.

What’s laughable in all the back & forth is that once you take out politics & revisionism in trying to whitewash North Africa - the average Moroccan is genetically closer to people in Senegal/Mali/Niger than they’re to anyone in the Arab world. And countries like Mali, Morocco, Algeria & Niger share an intersection of certain ethnic groups. Moroccans might look lighter than Somalis & Eritreans for example but they have way lesser Arab admixture than people from both countries.

I think the whole thing has more to do with colonisation by Ottoman Empire & the subsequent imposition of Islam & Arabic. Their admixture is mostly European from the Iberian peninsula not Arab.

The funny thing in all of this is that: there are Muslim ethnic groups in Nigeria with dark skin that feel closer to Arabs than other Nigerian ethnic groups. But does that make them Arabs? It’s more of a Muslim affinity thing & Arabs generally don’t even claim North Africans as part of their commonwealth unless it’s for political reasons & issues like this one.

Regardless, I’m not claiming them & I’ll let Moroccans do that themselves. But their success has increased Africa’s World Cup slots to 11 which is a good omen to the continent to showcase its talents.

I agree with you with everything, but gotta clarify with the part in bold. Somalis/Ethiopians don’t have Arab admixture, if anything we share certain genetic markers and they come from us.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The amount of talent that countries like Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal have produced over the years. It's only through negligence and corruption by their own officials that African teams have not progressed further before. I mean, look at this shyt:

Their officials line their pockets up instead of investing in their infrastructure :francis:

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps

You're right. Unfortunately black people's history been so colonized and all-over due to slavery that we relate more to the culture we're brought up around
rather than what we actually are.

Im east African and i see alot of this with alot of Africans tbh. Not to say im perfect either.

Zime

Superstar
Daps

This is not true.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
The point is that they are not black. This is not a win for majority of Africa but a win for the Arab world.
I would think thats obvious.
All people have to do is look at how Arabs and French will probably be fighting (rioting) in France when they play :lolbron:

Black African brehs will be watching with popcorn