MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Understood, but I believe what people are saying is you’re doing better than most if you’re at 100K. Like yes we know that everybody is hurting out here because of inflation, but if you’re making 100K and got money to throw to the side for retirement you’re doing great. You have millions of people out here that can’t even do that because they don’t have enough left over after paying bills and shyt. Everybody making 100k and more ain’t struggling. People in the Bay though, yes 100k ain’t shyt. I think that’s the case in D.C. too. It’s time to start posting where you live and the cost of living in these threads because a lot of us are in areas where 100k will but you in a great place so we don’t understand “100k ain’t enough money.” What you’re saying is 100% the goal though. You want to be able to do everything you need to do and still have money left to spend on other shyt.

Yes, but it's not better FOR ME. If I lose my job tomorrow, shyt will get real before black history month is over. I can't keep living in comparison to those doing better or worse, it's about my perspective and that baselines my goals. I don't want to live paycheck to paycheck in any kind of way it's defined for real. Whether it's being able to save AND pay bills or just having a little left over after bills.

I agree that location matters. I live in Baltimore, MD, but my job is HQ'd in New York. The recruiter basically told me I was "cheap" because the NY based candidates wanted WAY more :manny: I'm not tripping because it was a good number for me.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I had a funny ass convo with my moms.. She’s up there in age now house paid off and all.. She wants to move into something smaller like a condo and sell the house but I told her you worked all them years bought a house for us to live in you paid it off only for you too sell and give that shyt back? What are you smoking… I told her listen just take out a small equity loan on the house and buy you a condo and rent the house out to pay for it..

I said god forbid you pass on I know the house is going to me I told her I would continue to use it as a rental property but at some point given the area in NYC she’s in its pretty much a ceiling on the property value because there is no real commercial properties in the area to boost her home value.. Right now the house valued at 850k keep in mind she purchased the house for $150k back in 1992 brand new.. I told her unless a developer comes and offer her $1.5 to 2ms for the house don’t sell it doesn’t benefit her in the short term because of her age but it benefits me only because I can sell the house and that’s pretty much added to my retirement :mjlol:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had a funny ass convo with my moms.. She’s up there in age now house paid off and all.. She wants to move into something smaller like a condo and sell the house but I told her you worked all them years bought a house for us to live in you paid it off only for you too sell and give that shyt back? What are you smoking… I told her listen just take out a small equity loan on the house and buy you a condo and rent the house out to pay for it..

I said god forbid you pass on I know the house is going to me I told her I would continue to use it as a rental property but at some point given the area in NYC she’s in its pretty much a ceiling on the property value because there is no real commercial properties in the area to boost her home value.. Right now the house valued at 850k keep in mind she purchased the house for $150k back in 1992 brand new.. I told her unless a developer comes and offer her $1.5 to 2ms for the house don’t sell it doesn’t benefit her in the short term because of her age but it benefits me only because I can sell the house and that’s pretty much added to my retirement :mjlol:
Suggesting your elderly mother be a landlord to these new wild heathen renters, is wild. If she goes that way, see if she can only get elderly (55+) renters only.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She ain’t got to manage the property I will do that but it’s just an option she has
If you or a property manager will handle it that’s cool, but it’s still a lot. These people like to squat and not pay, while screaming “fukk landlords and big corporations”. Whole time they talking about your 60 year old mama whose about to lose her own shyt cause they didn’t pay.

If she has alot of equity, sell that house and use it to pay for a condo in full. Live the rest of her live with minimal housing costs.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Man, fukk all that "100k ain't THAT much money" shyt a bunch of y'all in here talking.

If you make 100k and above, and you're STILL living paycheck to paycheck...it's obvious that you are doing something wrong.

100k in the boondocks is VERY different from 100k in the bay. 100k in San Francisco is a tick away from poverty. That 100k in some tiny city in the Midwest where rent is 700 dollars a month is way different than a place where rent is $3000... but the reality is it's very hard to get 100k in those tiny cities unless you have a remote job.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Some really make 75k and the ot bumps up the money to 100k plus..

Some make 100k and the ot bumps up the bread to 125-130kish

Which means that extra 20-30k starts to become the "expectation" instead of a surplus...

nikkas start panicking when the OT gets cut..

This is one of the big killers of people in that range. :lolbron:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Regardless on how yall feel about other peoples money, we need to be paid more

and shelter and food shouldn’t be majority of our expenses

Coli Bootstraps gang believe that 95% of the population should live in squander.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Times are tough. However, if you're having problems with money when you make 100K (dollars or pounds) then you need to assess your spending habits.

100K (dollars or pounds) is more money than most people on the planet or have ever lived have ever had.

Housing should not cost $2k and above per month. That is absurd. We need more high paying professions outside of a handful of cities. We need to send them to the burbs and rural areas.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
I think rent controls are probably needed in many cities. You aren't going to have people buying up homes if they can't rent it for whatever they want.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
because maybe you need to get rid of the outdated notion that $100k is a lot of money for every circumstance. a person making $100k could not afford to buy a home out here, a person making $100k with a kid will struggle to pay rent + utilities + buy food and pay the average $1500/month day care costs...a person making $100k with $30-50k in student loans is going to be check to check after bills....$100k is only good money in a med-low cost of living metro and you don't have any debt

Not everybody lives where you live. It costs money to live in a mega metropolis, either pay up or move.

King Poetic

Fire Dave Roberts!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
@dora_da_destroyer broke down perfectly in this thread

A 100k a year in iowa or South Dakota is probably great for them individuals compared to a person making 100k in the Bay Area or Manhattan..

U have to live according to how your market is and what debt u have or might occur