MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I'd say pull the gullotines on landlords that make COL extreme and go after CEOs that price gpuge on essential needs, but The Coli calls me crazy :yeshrug:

Or, and hear me out on this, or y'all can demand more salary. If your employer denies it, then apply for another job. You struggling now, might aswell suffer some more for a bigger check.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do people complain so much and don't do anything about it?
Cause complaining is easier than moving outside your comfort zone. You really have adults afraid to further their education because they weren’t good at math in 3rd grade. Like it’s not a myriad of resources to learn.

If they try they might fail, so do nothing and be good at it.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Going to another job isn't that easy, especially one that is higher paid. 50k+ FAANG employees just got laid off. The marketplace is ultracompetitive for those open positions and when you're competing with a deluge of highly skilled workers, that puts a downward pressure on salary.

A lot of people are going to have to get room mates very soon.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Living paycheck to paycheck in America/Western Society VS Not eating everyday and living on $2.00 a day like +/-75% of the rest of the planet’s population.

If you’re ever feeling down about your circumstances, think about that. Try not to be so entitled and/or take things for granted. In the meantime, step your shyt up if you don’t like the life you’re living.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
100k in the boondocks is VERY different from 100k in the bay. 100k in San Francisco is a tick away from poverty. That 100k in some tiny city in the Midwest where rent is 700 dollars a month is way different than a place where rent is $3000... but the reality is it's very hard to get 100k in those tiny cities unless you have a remote job.
Bolded for the rock headed people in the front

Veteran
Daps
No shyt, that was my whole point to the person I quoted. $100k is not big money in most of the areas where that salary is common

Complaining but doing nothing about it.:manny:

Everybody should figure out their living costs, 401k, healthcare then how much money they want to be left with each month. That should be your salary go for new employers.

Veteran
Daps
Posting but ain’t adding nothing to the conversation :manny:

I already added to the conversation. Ask for more salary and if that doesn't work get a new job. There's nothing stopping people from doing that. If everybody would ask for more, employers wouldn't have a choice.

Everybody should figure out their living costs, 401k, healthcare and then how much money they want to be left with each month. That should be your salary goal for new employers.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I already added to the conversation. Ask for more salary and if that doesn't work get a new job. There's nothing stopping people from doing that. If everybody would ask for more, employers wouldn't have a choice.

Everybody should figure out their living costs, 401k, healthcare and then how much money they want to be left with each month. That should be your salary goal for new employers.
You’re right, everyone makes all the money they need. In America, we just need to say “hey boss, I need more money” and more money comes. Glad you figured it all out

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Kids are a major variable. Many financial sacrifices in a family occur to provide opportunity for children. You can live comfortably in the hood only for your kids to get a crappy education, or you move to where schools are better but live paycheck to paycheck? Do you sacrifice and spend the money to send your kid to private school, or pay for expensive tutoring? Many public schools lack music programs, so have you looked at the cost of private music lessons? So many friends of mine in college (Including my wife) told me how their parents took out loans against their homes to pay for their college tuition. Was that a bad financial decision?

People need to stop falling for the corporate propaganda. Everyone's disposable income isn't going toward Teslas, Jordans, and MacBook Pros. No one is an iPhone, or Netflix subscription away from financial ruin. I can't tell you how many times I see people publicly state that Warren Buffett lives frugally, despite him having a personal driver, owning a private jet, and owning multiple multi-million dollar homes. Americans are more productive, but make less money, while the cost of living is skyrocketing. The wealthy want you to scrutinize each other's spending habits, because as long as you do, you aren't scrutinizing theirs.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Idk. My last apartment was 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was $1295 a month :manny:
Congrats on living in a cheap area, maybe you shouldn’t speak on life in moderate to high cost of living areas. Of course 100k is a lot where 2bds go for 1200. You ain’t getting a studio for that out here.