MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You’re right, everyone makes all the money they need. In America, we just need to say “hey boss, I need more money” and more money comes. Glad you figured it all out

That's exactly how it works. If an employer cares and wants to keep talented employees long term , they will give you the raise. If that employer says no, start applying for new jobs. Hell, if you have a new job offer, you can use that to bargain.

What would you suggest people do?

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Explain how making $100K is poverty in CA please

I make $120k before taxes. After taxes, health insurance and other government deductions i bring home around 70k. My homeboy moved to Oakland last year, his rent alone is $4k a month. Now you do the math and add in cars, auto insurance, food, etc

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
This beyond sad... If your able to make 100k and can't live something is seriously wrong with YOUR spending habits...:camby: I'm sorry... I can't fathom how you make 100k after taxes and still struggling...

This got 35 daps lol

It really depends on the COL in your area.

$100k is about $5000/month after taxes and 401k

Veteran
Daps
You’re right, everyone makes all the money they need. In America, we just need to say “hey boss, I need more money” and more money comes. Glad you figured it all out

I'd like to know how many people including those on the coli made attempts to ask for a raise and if the employer said no, why are the still at the same job.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
I make $120k before taxes. After taxes, health insurance and other government deductions i bring home around 70k. My homeboy moved to Oakland last year, his rent alone is $4k a month. Now you do the math and add in cars, auto insurance, food, etc

See? It's about spending not salary. There is not a law that states all rent has to be at least $4K and nobody put a gun to his head and made him sign a lease for $4K. That was a choice. Just like your car payments, food, etc.. they are all choices.

If you value lifestyle, then you are going to pay more, simple as that. People can find places to live and cars to drive that cost significantly less, but we don't want to downgrade our lifestyles so we act as if there are no other options.

Taking home $70K and having $4K in rent sounds like an irresponsible spender. SO yeah if you make $100K and live paycheck to paycheck, it's not the economy, it's not the cost of living. It's a person who spends too much and isn't financially responsible

:yeshrug:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See? It's about spending not salary. There is not a law that states all rent has to be at least $4K and nobody put a gun to his head and made him sign a lease for $4K. That was a choice. Just like your car payments, food, etc.. they are all choices.

If you value lifestyle, then you are going to pay more, simple as that. People can find places to live and cars to drive that cost significantly less, but we don't want to downgrade our lifestyles so we act as if there are no other options.

Taking home $70K and having $4K in rent sounds like an irresponsible spender. SO yeah if you make $100K and live paycheck to paycheck, it's not the economy, it's not the cost of living. It's a person who spends too much and isn't financially responsible

:yeshrug:
Lmao this guy....so you just gonna ignore the whole COL thing huh? Post up a link of a decent apartment or house in a major cali city for $2k or less a month

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's exactly how it works. If an employer cares and wants to keep talented employees long term , they will give you the raise. If that employer says no, start applying for new jobs. Hell, if you have a new job offer, you can use that to bargain.

What would you suggest people do?
If that’s how it worked, we wouldn’t have a critical mass of people struggling. Believe me, the number of employees deemed critical who an employer would grant a retention raise to is few and far between. You seem to have bought into corporate bullshyt 101.

And Sure, in a perfect world everyone applies to jobs that make more, reality is for a lot of people, changing jobs can come with steps back in salary for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'd like to know how many people including those on the coli made attempts to ask for a raise and if the employer said no, why are the still at the same job.
Because applying to jobs takes time, there’s a whole layoff/freeze going on in tech, maybe you like your job and are doing well in all the other aspects, maybe your job is chill and allows you to coast vs getting another job where you need to work more hours, maybe your job has great benefits, a lot of reasons people don’t just quit every time they’re unhappy with pay.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Cause complaining is easier than moving outside your comfort zone. You really have adults afraid to further their education because they weren’t good at math in 3rd grade. Like it’s not a myriad of resources to learn.

If they try they might fail, so do nothing and be good at it.
The capitalist in me is like, less competition for me :blessed:

The flip side to that is I’m seeing so many of my people refuse to sacrifice a few months of their time now to set themselves up for life. Don’t know if it’s lack of motivation, lack of hustle… some people are just built differently I guess.

Another thing I see a lot of people do is compare themselves to the average. They have the mindset that as long as there are other people doing worse than them, they’re doing fine. Some of us are our own obstacles.

Keep your head down, keep your grind… Do what’s best for you.

Im just staying humble as I know this shyt could take a turn for the worst on a whim and there’s only so much you can do to negate that, but you do the best you can with the hand you’re dealt.

Veteran
Daps
If that’s how it worked, we wouldn’t have a critical mass of people struggling. Believe me, the number of employees deemed critical who an employer would grant a retention raise to us fee and far between. You seem to have bought into corporate bullshyt 101.

And Sure, in a perfect world everyone applies to jobs that make more, reality is for a lot of people, changing jobs can come with steps back in salary for a variety of reasons.

That's exactly how it works.

Again what would you suggest?

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
This looks misleading. Why did they buy a $433k house on a $100k salary? They could've bought something at $275-$325k and been fine.

Not in NoVA you ain't. You gotta go way out the way to find houses in the range you talking about. You'll only find a 1br condo in NoVA for those prices.

This area is bugfukk insane with the COL.

Last edited: