MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Times are tough. However, if you're having problems with money when you make 100K (dollars or pounds) then you need to assess your spending habits.

100K (dollars or pounds) is more money than most people on the planet or have ever lived have ever had.
Where do you live? What is your rent/mortgage?

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Not gonna hold you...

The more you make, the more you "feel" you need and the more shyt begins to break🤣

Also...

We get in the habit of thinking that the OT is apart of the base salary

Some really make 75k and the ot bumps up the money to 100k plus..

Some make 100k and the ot bumps up the bread to 125-130kish

Which means that extra 20-30k starts to become the "expectation" instead of a surplus...

nikkas start panicking when the OT gets cut..

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Times are tough. However, if you're having problems with money when you make 100K (dollars or pounds) then you need to assess your spending habits.

100K (dollars or pounds) is more money than most people on the planet or have ever lived have ever had.
If you’re single I can agree but childcare costs are high as fukk. 100k is head well above water for a single person living within their means. Not so much for a family.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Man, fukk all that "100k ain't THAT much money" shyt a bunch of y'all in here talking.

If you make 100k and above, and you're STILL living paycheck to paycheck...it's obvious that you are doing something wrong.
Where do you live and what is your rent/mortgage?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Paycheck to paycheck can be a variety of scenarios, but I know for mine, $100k is not enough. My income has to be split into living for today, planning for tomorrow and planning for 100+ tomorrows from now. If you get into the habit of saving/investing first, the money left to "spend" is not a lot. I want enough money to save, invest, pay bills AND spend. $100k won't do it for me. Not sure what income would, but I'll keep trying to make more until I get there.

I AM NOT going to be working until 70 years old and shyt. I'm trying to be out at 50, 55 at the latest and that means putting more money away today for the future. Stop settling for decent and good enough. OPTIMAL LIVING!!!

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
People trying to enjoy life. I'm not mad at those living paycheck to paycheck. I can't do it.

Seen too many old retired people struggling or having to work until they literally drop dead. I save aggressively.

100k is a lot of money if you not trying to eat out every night or go on vacations all the time.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Paycheck to paycheck can be a variety of scenarios, but I know for mine, $100k is not enough. My income has to be split into living for today, planning for tomorrow and planning for 100+ tomorrows from now. If you get into the habit of saving/investing first, the money left to "spend" is not a lot. I want enough money to save, invest, pay bills AND spend. $100k won't do it for me. Not sure what income would, but I'll keep trying to make more until I get there.

I AM NOT going to be working until 70 years old and shyt. I'm trying to be out at 50, 55 at the latest and that means putting more money away today for the future. Stop settling for decent and good enough. OPTIMAL LIVING!!!
Understood, but I believe what people are saying is you’re doing better than most if you’re at 100K. Like yes we know that everybody is hurting out here because of inflation, but if you’re making 100K and got money to throw to the side for retirement you’re doing great. You have millions of people out here that can’t even do that because they don’t have enough left over after paying bills and shyt. Everybody making 100k and more ain’t struggling. People in the Bay though, yes 100k ain’t shyt. I think that’s the case in D.C. too. It’s time to start posting where you live and the cost of living in these threads because a lot of us are in areas where 100k will but you in a great place so we don’t understand “100k ain’t enough money.” What you’re saying is 100% the goal though. You want to be able to do everything you need to do and still have money left to spend on other shyt.

Daps
If you’re single I can agree but childcare costs are high as fukk. 100k is head well above water for a single person living within their means. Not so much for a family.
I agree to a certain extent. Yet, there are plenty of families that are doing okay with under 100K per year. I suppose it depends on where they live and the number of children.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
:myman:

“ But he kept smiling like a clown, facial expression looking silly
And he kept asking me, "What kinda car you drive?
I know you paid, I know y'all got beaucoup hoes
From all them songs that y'all done made"
And I replied that I had been going through the same things that he had
True, I've got more fans than the average man
But not enough loot to last me to the end of the week
I live by the beat like you live check-to-check
If it don't move your feet, then, I don't eat, so we like neck-to-neck
Yes, we done come a long way like them slim-ass cigarettes
From Virginia, this ain't gon' stop, so we just gon' continue”