MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
My car was totaled in November. I got that check and stashed it and used some to payoff my credit card. I’m just waiting now. I need that black in black SUV but I’m not ready for another car payment. :mjcry:
Man I been thinking about copping that black on black audi then I come to my senses when I see all the paper I won't have...FUKk that I'm riding till till the wheels fall off this caddy :mjcry:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Man I been thinking about copping that black on black audi then I come to my senses when I see all the paper I won't have...FUKk that I'm riding till till the wheels fall off this caddy :mjcry:
Don’t do it. It’ll be a rush for 2-3 months then you’ll be over it :russ:

My budget is 30K for a new car :hubie:

Imma wait as long as I can.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Ok let me try to explain this. If you making 100k the logical idea is it has to be AFTER TAXES correct because if your making up to 100k before taxes you damned sure ain't making 100k correct?!?:dahell: and what is the thread title, what does it fukking say?!?:stopitslime:
The biggest disservice this forum has done so far has been not granting you a WOAT title.

I legit have no clue how you tie your own shoes.

Suzie

Pro
Daps
Where are they making that 100k though? 100k in Texas and 100k in Cali are two different 100ks. If you're making 100k in New York you're pretty much only making 50-60k
Pretty much!!!
Plus even in Texas, taxes are high.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There was a funny situation where I was in long island for a job and the cac was complaining to me about property taxes and how he couldn't afford it no more. Get this it's a literal all white neighborhood very nice too.:ld:

But in my head I was like YALL BUILT THESE NEIGHBORHOOD'S CAUSE YALL DIDNT WANT TO LIVE NEAR US, SO DEAL WITH IT!!!:mjlol: can't even afford to live in the neighborhood you cacs built...:mjlol: cry me a river.
Cacs only care about themselves and policing black folks, They should thank boomers for setting them up like that :bryan:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Then you can’t afford where you live. Holy shyt we in a pre recession and and everything is expensive for everyone at the moment and you upset cause you live in one of the most expensive cites in the US while people struggling on 80k in the sticks. You the ignorant/ entitled one thinking you deserve a property in a highly sought after area that’s the whole package with a short commute since you too good to travel.

No other generation lives like that, until now. People back in the 80s and 90s were living close to their workplace and afforded their places comfortably.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Ya'll will understand once ya'll make 100K. If you putting money into your retirement, kids college funds, a mortgage, notes, various insurances, and ETFs you be tapped out. You basically in the same position as someone making 40K but living at home with their peoples.
Preach!! Them deductions be killing me every check!

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
Definitely.

I know a chick here paying $3200 to live in a “luxury” building with a doorman and she’s in a studio. Crib is about the size of a special education short bus LOL

Her income is iffy and she freelances. Never has $ but still goes out and lives off of an AMEX. But getting a roommate and living in a less “desirable” area would cripple her perception that being here should be like Sex and the City

Those be the same type people out here saying 100k isn’t a lot of money

$3200 in rent is ridiculous if you’re not splitting that with family

Daps
Times are tough. However, if you're having problems with money when you make 100K (dollars or pounds) then you need to assess your spending habits.

100K (dollars or pounds) is more money than most people on the planet or have ever lived have ever had.