Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
80 hours in and Im actually trying out other weapons besides the charge blade. Breh I tried sword and shield now I feel like I played myself for not using it sooner:snoop:. My offense isn't even optimized and I barely know the combos, I just do so much better because these monsters can't hit my ass:skip: All that time learning to guard and evade with the charge blade made moving around with S&S stupid easy in comparison. DPS is actually really nice for the weapon too. I already got the maxed out Nargacuga S&S giving these HR7 monsters that work:whew:

Just tried the longsword out yesterday, I might have to run with this for a lil while I was getting it in:ohhh: S&S is effective but the hits don't have that "oomph" I like despite doing really good damage

I just can't believe I've got almost 90 hours into this game, beat all the village and hub quests, and am still doing basic weapons workshopping:mjlol: I couldn't even tell y'all what I main now it's all up in the air at this point:skip:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Alright my friend asked if I've been playing so I have to get on it now. Still having my fun with World personally :yeshrug:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
fukk it, guess I’m a long sword main now. Already working on a lvl 3 quick sheath/high crit build :wow:

25-DEAE91-7626-483-C-A773-DB2-C06-EE7-CD5.jpg

382-EE1-DE-648-D-48-A4-820-D-D02-CFC11-D612.jpg

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

yes, the damage is insane, but i had no fukkin idea you could parry the tornado :dwillhuh:

counter peak performance is arguably the best defensive move in the game. it comes out stupid fast and lasts for quite a while so it's pretty forgiving. I've cheesed out a lot of monsters with it myself :lolbron: That dude's spacing and consistency with the elemental discharge was insane though :picard:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I really hate to sound like an FPS snob :francis: but the framerate fukks me all the hell up. Went from World at 60ish on Series X to 90-144 on PC, to 30ish in Rise :francis:. I'm plugging through though, almost through the 3 star Village Quests. Absolutely pushed Barroth's shyt in. Finished all the desert ones, just the Flooded Forest left to go. I could run the rampage but I'm not comfortable enough yet.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I really hate to sound like an FPS snob :francis: but the framerate fukks me all the hell up. Went from World at 60ish on Series X to 90-144 on PC, to 30ish in Rise :francis:. I'm plugging through though, almost through the 3 star Village Quests. Absolutely pushed Barroth's shyt in. Finished all the desert ones, just the Flooded Forest left to go. I could run the rampage but I'm not comfortable enough yet.
Nah the frame rate is trash but it's the Switch so it is what it is:yeshrug:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Nah the frame rate is trash but it's the Switch so it is what it is:yeshrug:
Exactly why I want to get it on PC, but I don't feel like giving them money twice for this just yet. Maybe it'll click with me like World did after a while. 1130+ hours and counting :wow:.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

It is a little jarring to go back n forth between the switch and series x, but I mostly been playing this lately so my eyes got used to it :yeshrug:

I know World looks buttery smooth though I only have maybe 30-40 hrs on it but the framerate jump was like night and day even from Xbox One to Series X