Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Anyone reach endgame yet? What builds are you running?
just hit HR 6. not end game but the only thing i can really say is that money is quickly becoming a problem :mjcry:

multiplayer is hilarious though. there's some monsters that are easy to mob up and kill. others are just a plague for randoms

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
just hit HR 6. not end game but the only thing i can really say is that money is quickly becoming a problem :mjcry:

multiplayer is hilarious though. there's some monsters that are easy to mob up and kill. others are just a plague for randoms
Yeah I'm having the same issue with money. It seems like it just disappeared all of a sudden. Going to have to do some expeditions and farm some mats to sale. Haven't played multi yet but I can definitely see some monsters wiping the less experienced parties in minutes:mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Think I'm a swag axe main now :wow:
Yeah I'm having the same issue with money. It seems like it just disappeared all of a sudden. Going to have to do some expeditions and farm some mats to sale. Haven't played multi yet but I can definitely see some monsters wiping the less experienced parties in minutes:mjlol:
Certain monsters have straight up skill checks :francis: Mitsu, Mag, a lot of the other late game ones will just fire a laser that eats up the whole area unless you jump, dodge, or bundle up ahead of time.

The doodoo snake is the worst offender :scust:
Right away I feel like Aknosom, Tetranadon & Bishaten are all gonna need deviant forms/subspecies. Those designs are too good and movesets too fun to leave them as lower tier monsters.
Still haven't fought Goss Harag yet, that's my favorite new design from this game
I feel bad for anyone with a fear of spiders in this game

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Right away I feel like Aknosom, Tetranadon & Bishaten are all gonna need deviant forms/subspecies. Those designs are too good and movesets too fun to leave them as lower tier monsters.
Still haven't fought Goss Harag yet, that's my favorite new design from this game
I think Capcom doesn't get enough credit for the designs of the monsters in MH. Yeah some are just palette swaps with a few moveset changes, but some are just amazing.

Think I'm a swag axe main now :wow:

Certain monsters have straight up skill checks :francis: Mitsu, Mag, a lot of the other late game ones will just fire a laser that eats up the whole area unless you jump, dodge, or bundle up ahead of time.

The doodoo snake is the worst offender :scust:

I feel bad for anyone with a fear of spiders in this game
I feel like counter is stupid strong in this game for that exact reason. I've only played DBs so far but the counter with the wirebug is basically a get out of jail free card. I can only imagine what counter with the LS is like in this game. It was stupid strong in GU and I hear LS has 3 now:mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So apparently there's different loot tables for capturing vs slaying :francis: I thought shyt was just like World

Don't go around trapping every monster you see. Sometimes its better to just go the distance.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
So apparently there's different loot tables for capturing vs slaying :francis: I thought shyt was just like World

Don't go around trapping every monster you see. Sometimes its better to just go the distance.

I never played World but that has always been the case in MH as far as I know. It seems most people online don't realize that and they try to capture everything:mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I never played World but that has always been the case in MH as far as I know. It seems most people online don't realize that and they try to capture everything:mjlol:
In World you could get everything from capture, so it made little to no sense to waste the extra time killing. What's in Rise makes more logical sense, but it's annoying to have to drag out a fight unnecessarily. But I'm only starting 3 Star quests, I've been slow to it.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
In World you could get everything from capture, so it made little to no sense to waste the extra time killing. What's in Rise makes more logical sense, but it's annoying to have to drag out a fight unnecessarily. But I'm only starting 3 Star quests, I've been slow to it.
In FU and GU it's the same way. I wonder why they changed it in World and then back in Rise.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
In FU and GU it's the same way. I wonder why they changed it in World and then back in Rise.
I have a feeling World is the direction they really want to go, and in Rise they're piggybacking off of the systems they had in place in FU and GU (or I should say GU since I don't know if FU was on Switch). Seems like the engine change was mostly for graphical and gameplay benefit but not for underlying systems.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

If you need money, check this video out:

I'm at HR6 too. Unlike World I've been doing a lot more multiplayer this time around since these Hub monsters are tanky as shyt.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I have a feeling World is the direction they really want to go, and in Rise they're piggybacking off of the systems they had in place in FU and GU (or I should say GU since I don't know if FU was on Switch). Seems like the engine change was mostly for graphical and gameplay benefit but not for underlying systems.
Freedom Unite was on PSP. I'm use to old school MH so it doesn't bother me either way. If someome wants to capture so be it. If I need something from a carve, I'll just solo the monster. Solo hunts seem to take between 10-15 mins depending on how geared you are.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If you need money, check this video out:

I'm at HR6 too. Unlike World I've been doing a lot more multiplayer this time around since these Hub monsters are tanky as shyt.

yeah i'm straight now thankfully

once you get one solid enddgame build together, things start to sort themselves out. right now, all the armor i want comes off doodoo snake :francis: so i got my work cut out for me

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The amount of menus and navigation in this game is fukking retarded. It’s cool so far but I need to neg everybody who told me news the perfect time to jump into MH.