Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say that Long Sword, Great Sword, Hunting Horn, and Hammer are the beginner weapons. Dual Blades are easy to use but you better learn how to manage your stamina well, when to use blade dance, and how to use the wire bug. I think once people start mastering weapons, dual blades is going to be at the top with Long Sword and Hunting Horn. Demon/Archdemon mode is really strong. Almost reminds me of how broken dual blades were in Toukiden 2. I hope there is some armor skills that decrease stamina drain.
I've been annihilating High Rank solo with dual blades. The switch style that lets you launch yourself on the monster and then spin down its back while constantly doing damage is overpowered. I'm dodging almost all ground attacks while constantly doing damage with almost no downtime. I can't imagine there's anything more powerful than this in the game.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
you high rank already?
Just hit it yesterday. Going to go to start doing some Rampage missions so I can meld some talismans. Not really a huge fan of them, might just try to find some people online to do them with.

I've been annihilating High Rank solo with dual blades. The switch style that lets you launch yourself on the monster and then spin down its back while constantly doing damage is overpowered. I'm dodging almost all ground attacks while constantly doing damage with almost no downtime. I can't imagine there's anything more powerful than this in the game.
Like I said, I could definitely see dual blades being at the top once it's all said and done. I still think LS and HH are stronger initially but as you progress, dual blades because crazy strong. Get the right skill combination and it's a wrap.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Damn nicca you kind of basura at the game. Keep practicing.

I know I had a few wiffs in those clips I be swinging for the fences in axe mode :lolbron:

I feel like I mostly have all the charge blade mechanics and go-to combos down I just gotta work on my spacing and not getting too greedy with my openings

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know I had a few wiffs in those clips I be swinging for the fences in axe mode :lolbron:

I feel like I mostly have all the charge blade mechanics and go-to combos down I just gotta work on my spacing and not getting too greedy with my openings

I'm fukking with you we all trash. You put in work

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

I haven't tried multiplayer yet but a lot of people are salty cause their party wipes after 5 minutes of fight some monsters:mjlol:. As long as that's not you, you're good.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't tried multiplayer yet but a lot of people are salty cause their party wipes after 5 minutes of fight some monsters:mjlol:. As long as that's not you, you're good.

I played my first two hub quests yesterday at rank 3 I took on a Bishetan+Almudron hunt and did a Rampage. Got S+ grade for the rampage and only got carted once during the almudron fight and even then it took out the whole party at once so can’t nobody say shyt :lolbron:

From what I can tell the hub quest monsters have more attack and movement variation compared to single player. That Bishetan we fought would attack much more frequently and mixed up their movement a lot more:patrice:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I played my first two hub quests yesterday at rank 3 I took on a Bishetan+Almudron hunt and did a Rampage. Got S+ grade for the rampage and only got carted once during the almudron fight and even then it took out the whole party at once so can’t nobody say shyt :lolbron:

From what I can tell the hub quest monsters have more attack and movement variation compared to single player. That Bishetan we fought would attack much more frequently and mixed up their movement a lot more:patrice:
Yeah Hub quests are typically harder than Village quests. Village is like the tutorial.

I'm slowly getting in it. Haven't hit any walls yet. The low ass damage numbers got me fukked up though. 1s and 2s with the bow, and crit 6 :gucci:?
I said the same thibg with DBs but I'm still killing monsters with no issue in decent time:yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm slowly getting in it. Haven't hit any walls yet. The low ass damage numbers got me fukked up though. 1s and 2s with the bow, and crit 6 :gucci:?
the game changes pretty quick as you progress

i'm rocking dual blades now too

i might change up a bit later on but as is..... some shyt just slaps different now

bows DEFINITELY need their aerial switch skill going. its too good not spam

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I said the same thibg with DBs but I'm still killing monsters with no issue in decent time:yeshrug:
Yeah it's not taking me all that long to finish hunts still using the starting equipment. It just feels off coming from World.
the game changes pretty quick as you progress

i'm rocking dual blades now too

i might change up a bit later on but as is..... some shyt just slaps different now

bows DEFINITELY need their aerial switch skill going. its too good not spam
I haven't even figured out how the wirebug stuff works with the bow - I'm assuming that's part of what you're referring to. Half the time I'm trying to retrain my brain for the Switch control scheme.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Game is great but I need Capcom to drop some g-rank stuff or maybe I need to start using the Bow or IG cause the game feels way too easy. Maybe multiplayer will change that but I'm not optimistic.

The update that's coming next month supposed to have multiple Elder Dragons. Hopefully they juice them up a bit cause there have been a lot of vets saying the game is on the easy side. I didn't think tempereds were all that fun in World but bringing them back is an option
Also they should let the Apex monsters be fought outside of Rampages.