Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
I haven't even figured out how the wirebug stuff works with the bow - I'm assuming that's part of what you're referring to. Half the time I'm trying to retrain my brain for the Switch control scheme.

Bow's wirebug game is kind of wack compared to melee weapons. They get to do all types of crazy shyt with it :pachaha:

The one you start with aim + rb + x gives you a standard wirebug dodge and when you land you regen stamina real quick. Pretty boring. The other one with a instead of x uses 2 bugs to power up your bow. Not worth the bugs especially if you gotta do the recovery move. Takes a while to regen.

Bow's big damage option is the aerial switch skill that has you do a vertical wirebug leap and you rain off up to 3 arrow spread shots for big damage. It's easily your biggest damage if you can aim and time it right.

The second switch skill including the aerial bow shot you get from crafting weapons. Once you craft enough (not sure what the most efficient method is) the trainer dude gives it to you for that weapon.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was arguing a friend about a point. I wanted to ask yall. I refer to MH games as looter shooters. He states it can't be specifically because its not a shooting game. Am I wrong or right?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I was arguing a friend about a point. I wanted to ask yall. I refer to MH games as looter shooters. He states it can't be specifically because its not a shooting game. Am I wrong or right?

I mean I guess it’s not a “shooter” per se but Monster Hunter games are basically JRPG Destiny lol

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I don't agree on the terminology but I agree on the premise. You play to get better loot in both cases. If you're a bowgunner or a bow user then you shoot :yeshrug:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I would agree with your friend. A looter shooter would be something like Borderlands, Outriders, Division, etc.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I would agree with your friend. A looter shooter would be something like Borderlands, Outriders, Division, etc.
all these recent looter shooters been biting off diablo 2 and hunter types of games anyways if we're keeping it 100

its easier to make a stand out rpg than it is to make a stand out shooting game

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
all these recent looter shooters been biting off diablo 2 and hunter types of games anyways if we're keeping it 100

its easier to make a stand out rpg than it is to make a stand out shooting game
Looters shooters ade ARPGs which MH is as well. But a looter shooter is in essence a shooter with RPG elements. We don't consider Torchlight a looter shooter and that game has a class that uses guns:yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Looters shooters ade ARPGs which MH is as well. But a looter shooter is in essence a shooter with RPG elements. We don't consider Torchlight a looter shooter and that game has a class that uses guns:yeshrug:
a looter shooter is an ARPG built around traditional 1st and 3rd person shooter frameworks. its really not something to get too hung up on :manny:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think any game where the loot "game" is clearly the focus is a looter shooter. Most of these games are live service/semi live service games where the primary focus of the game is to complete task, gain resources, that ultimately make you stronger at completing more task and gaining more resources. Maybe looter is the better term but I think all of them are the same shyt from Diablo to Division there are different takes on the same sort of function.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I think any game where the loot "game" is clearly the focus is a looter shooter. Most of these games are live service/semi live service games where the primary focus of the game is to complete task, gain resources, that ultimately make you stronger at completing more task and gaining more resources. Maybe looter is the better term but I think all of them are the same shyt from Diablo to Division there are different takes on the same sort of function.
Truthfully, the genre is ARPG. Every thing else is just nuance:yeshrug:

Legalese

Banned
Daps
Monsters go down a bit too easy, not necessary a bad thing as a i don’t wanna spending 15 minutes chasing after shyt like in GU

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
MH kind of it's own thing to me
I never considered it an ARPG cause there really isn't much role-playing. There really aren't any classes. Maybe you want to count the weapons as classes but I think that is a big stretch. Your character doesn't really grow either. No matter what your HR is, if you strip them down to base armor and base weapon they have the same stats as when you started.

The Palicos have actually classes and leveling though lol. I like that a lot