Monique tells lee daniels, tyler perry and oprah to suck her dikk

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The whole college rape thing while promoting Birth of a Nation drama

The studio positioned that film to be its indie/Oscar darling after buying it for X millions of dollars - turns out this dude raped a chick in college, she killed herself, he bombed the PR situation publicly

The studio had to scramble and put all their energy behind the Jackie Kennedy Onassis movie as well as put out fires in the Birth of a nation disaster - and then it flopped.

We won't see Nate Parker for a while.
Nate Parker didn't rape anyone. He and his friend were acquittted

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The whole college rape thing while promoting Birth of a Nation drama

The studio positioned that film to be its indie/Oscar darling after buying it for X millions of dollars - turns out this dude raped a chick in college, she killed herself, he bombed the PR situation publicly

The studio had to scramble and put all their energy behind the Jackie Kennedy Onassis movie as well as put out fires in the Birth of a nation disaster - and then it flopped.

We won't see Nate Parker for a while.

I remember he mishandled the rape situation rather poorly.
after it was re-addressed in pr during the build for birth of a nation.

Art Barr

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If your job offers to fly you across the world to work on their dime, but won't be compensated, yet you knew for a fact it would lead to a promotion, would you do it?

Hell no.
And to anyone who wouldd... :mjlol:
I hope ya'll really aint working for free outchea :mjlol:
Desire to be promoted by a company that doesn't pay you:mjlol:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
https://www.google.com/amp/www.indi...aniels-play-the-game-advice-video-155457/amp/

"There were no demands. There was a request from the movie studio that I fly to France for the Cannes Film Festival. I simply said, ‘I respectfully decline.’ [..] I had a couple of days downtime and I wanted to spend that with my husband and my kids."

But the film’s distributor (Lionsgate) apparently kept trying to convince her to make the trip, and eventually asked what it would take to get her to come to Cannes to promote the film. And her husband, who is also her manager, asked in reply: "Is there a number associated with it?" As in, will she be paid for the trip. Of course the studio responded in the negative, insisting that it was promotional work for a movie she co-starred in.

:gucci: She didn't want to go to Cannes? That's a major promotional event and you turn it down to be with your kids.

If you sign on for a low budget indie movie you gotta push the film. You don't eat off that role but you use it to get more roles in the future. You can't expect a studio to pay you extra on a movie with a $10 million budget. This wasn't a blockbuster and she had no leverage.

She shouldn't have been blackballed but she went about this the wrong way. Big name actors do indie movies for fractions of their normal salary and still show up for promo. Wait until you're a big name to make demands.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Hell no.
And to anyone who wouldd... :mjlol:
I hope ya'll really aint working for free outchea :mjlol:
Desire to be promoted by a company that doesn't pay you:mjlol:

Lets say you had a hot album after a run of pretty mediocre results. Everyone is praising your album and saying it could win a grammy. Would the record label have to pay you to go out and promote your own album or would you be proactive and try to sell the shyt on your own as well because you know it would pay off years down the line.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
https://www.google.com/amp/www.indi...aniels-play-the-game-advice-video-155457/amp/

:gucci: She didn't want to go to Cannes? That's a major promotional event and you turn it down to be with your kids.

If you sign on for a low budget indie movie you gotta push the film. You don't eat off that role but you use it to get more roles in the future. You can't expect a studio to pay you extra on a movie with a $10 million budget. This wasn't a blockbuster and she had no leverage.

She shouldn't have been blackballed but she went about this the wrong way. Big name actors do indie movies for fractions of their normal salary and still show up for promo. Wait until you're a big name to make demands.
That's all I'm saying! Precious wasn't some huge blockbuster with Tom Hanks in it or some shyt. This woman was one of the stars of the film! Why would you turn down the chance to promote yourself at Cannes? Like please tell me what Gabby did that Monique could've done? Precious did nothing but help Gabby but it seems to have hurt Monique. This was her big chance to get to the next level but seems that she and her husband blew it.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lets say you had a hot album after a run of pretty mediocre results. Everyone is praising your album and saying it could win a grammy. Would the record label have to pay you to go out and promote your own album or would you be proactive and try to sell the shyt on your own as well because you know it would pay off years down the line.

If I have to do all my promotion solo, why am I even apart of a label? :gucci:

I might as well be independent.
If they can't pay me we need to renegotiate or part ways.

I'd rather not work people who don't pay me, look at lil wayne :picard:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Cannes and film festivals are typically for prestige, not sales, and for smaller films finding distributors.
The movie already had distribution, already was finished filming, and this wasn't regular press tour, this was extra for just the studio.
They should have paid her, the studio paid Dolph Lundgren and Van Damme to go to Cannes to promote Universal Soldier, no reason not to pay this woman who fulfilled her contractual obligations to do something extra when she took a pay cut to do the film.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The films isn't hers, she isn't getting back end, she got a upfront fee.
So why should she go promote your film that you are going to profit from, it isn't hers, its the studios film.
Unlike a muscian or artists who gets a cut and typically is the main creative voice and person associated with music and who gets money off every album sales and gets money from live performances, who has a financial stake in an album's success.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

No she did not.
She even did it the right say and asked a separate party to say no for her.
She was just villified because the vessel saying no for her and inquiring about pay was her husband and the admin who requested it.

That is wrong to do to her.
She even went about it in the right protocol and was vilified because her husband was the admin and vessell who asked.
Simply because the admin was a completely unassociated party.

ask someone black to go to France for FREE, BREH
Ask anyone to go to France for free to work, breh.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That's all I'm saying! Precious wasn't some huge blockbuster with Tom Hanks in it or some shyt. This woman was one of the stars of the film! Why would you turn down the chance to promote yourself at Cannes? Like please tell me what Gabby did that Monique could've done? Precious did nothing but help Gabby but it seems to have hurt Monique. This was her big chance to get to the next level but seems that she and her husband blew it.

Really,....
The movie was a surprise hit they thought they would use as one of this poverty urban based prison industrial economy movie types.
That got more than they initially thought past just licensing for a run on cable.
Then tried to revenue grab off the little success and still not actual pay for real promotion.
To the point gabby was villified just for being and this excuse was made to hurt her and Monique just because they were black women who were not the general Hollywood stereotype in any facet and black balled them as proxy.

Art Barr

AyahuascaSippin

Good Vibrations
Daps
He's married to a white woman:what:
He's put enough work in for the community for that to be irrelevant. Plenty of black couples that aren't educating a nation of African American kids on their history, why you so eager to tear down a guy that does? Agenda?
You nikkas aint even doing unpaid overtime so what are you saying really :skip:

It'll make you look good in the bosses eye breh :troll:
monique gets paid a lot more money a lot more often than most if not all brehs on here. Her career requires an entrepreneurial outlook, not a tick box mentality. Why would a self employed person spend 10s of 1000s annually on flights across the world? Because they have the potential to earn a lot more money than the average person, so they invest in theirselves.