Monique tells lee daniels, tyler perry and oprah to suck her dikk

Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course you do. if want to use a certain black actor or actress. you have to respect their terms, or you will not be able to get them. i'm talking about black producers using their position to undermined people like monique just to get some press

man no producer is talking about monique....for what? they dont need monique....monique needs them

freetroit

Banned
Daps
The whole college rape thing while promoting Birth of a Nation drama

The studio positioned that film to be its indie/Oscar darling after buying it for X millions of dollars - turns out this dude raped a chick in college, she killed herself, he bombed the PR situation publicly

The studio had to scramble and put all their energy behind the Jackie Kennedy Onassis movie as well as put out fires in the Birth of a nation disaster - and then it flopped.

We won't see Nate Parker for a while.

They knew who nate parker was beforhand

He was the perfect vehicle

Set up to fail

Fox new what time it was

But your right

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I don't know breh....Octavia Butler doing all right as a plus sized actress.

I get Monique's POV but with all the crying she's doing right now about what happened, she could've just did the promo. Gotta see the bigger picture sometimes.
What Monique did was really nothing. Alot of A and B level actors do all kinds of dumb sh*t and still move on and get work. The thing with Monique is that she crossed the people- Oprah, Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry, etc- who basically make the films, shows, and projects that she should have roles in. Basically she burned bridges with her "market". White, Jewish, Black, Hipster directors aren't seeking her out for comedies, dramas, horror, etc. She's not in Marvel or DC films. Hell, Netflix ain't even hollered at her for a comedy special and they're giving them to damn near everyone with a pulse whether they're hot in Hollywood or not. Actors have always been on some other shyt since day one but alot of them can recover if they're versatile enough with their range of characters. Monique basically said, "suck my dikk" to all the people who basically make all the shyt she pretty much could be- and get work in.

Last edited:

bewitched

Pro
Daps
If I remember correctly, Dave said once he signed for that 3rd Season everything changed. He said they had been shooting the show HIS way since it begun & Comedy Central didn't really care at first but when the show blew up the way it did they took notice. He said when he came in to start working on the 3rd Season there were all these new staff & people from CC on his set & they started having marketing meetings with him out of nowhere, etc.

He said what made him really walk away was 3 things. One, he said now all of a sudden CC felt like they knew what to do with the show instead of letting the show continue to do what made it blow up... they tried to strip his creative control. 2, he said in one of those marketing meetings they compiled a list of viewers favorite skits & wanted him to do more like those. He said he noticed they were all skits that fed into black stereotypes & none of his skits of other races, cultures, etc, were included in the "direction" CC wanted him to go. 3... he said he had made a joke on stage or on set in front of a live audience that involved a black stereotype. How hard this hillbilly looking white dude was laughing was like a light switch that made him feel like he'd been making certain people laugh at the expense of black people in his skits & it made him look at his show differently.

On set during the 3rd Season he said he didn't like how CC had been running things now & felt he was being used & $50 Mil wasn't worth it so he walked off. He also stated I think that he grew up on a farm & is low maintenance. He said people criticizing him for turning down that money don't realize he's already rich... :wow:
This was a great breakdown on the whole Chapelle show controversy. I thought he was stupid to walk away from it when it was taking off, now I understand his dignity would've been sacrificed if he continued with the show.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Her gripes with them may be legit, but she's going about it the wrong way. Telling them to "suck her dyck"? :beli: Why would you want to permanently burn bridges like that, especially just to get a few "ooohhs and aaahhhs"? What was the point? Instead use it as a lesson. Not sure why promotional duties are not included in the contract negotiations anyway.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Why are people posting articles of Monique being a diva as if Hollywood and the media aren't in bed with one another ?

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm siding with Mo'nique on this shyt.She just put out a vlog with her husband breaking shyt down into details. cliffs:

-Oprah had Mo'niques brother who molested her on her show. She called Mo'nique "as a sister" in advance to ask how she'd feel about it and Mo told her she wasn't feeling it. They then had a deep convo about their respective family's and the trauma they've been through.
-The show comes on not long afterwards and Mo'niques brother, mother, and father are all on their (Oprah never told Monique she was doing this).
-Monique confronted her about it at some industry party and Oprah hit her with the "If you were offended by something I did, I apologize"

-Tyler Perry was secretly agreeing with Monqiue's stance and saying shyt like "I ain't scared of these white boys (in the film industry). Then they find out he was badmouthing Mo'nique with that same line about her "being difficult to work with" to another director. Tyler didn't realize the director was friends with Monique's husband. Tyler was forced to admit he's never worked with Mo'nique but was going off "what he heard." Raises the suspicion on who else he's selling this narrative to.

-She refused to compromise herself to please cacs in the film industry but people kept telling her that's how you get ahead...was told Halle Berry cooked breakfast for the award council :snoop:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone post the new vid when she talked about her phone conversation her and her husband had with Perry?