Monique is officially suing Netflix

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I see All of these same posters in a thread backing Byron Allen up in the Supreme Court case against Comcast yet choose to shyt on Monique for suing for the same thing (racial discrimination affecting equal pay and opportunity).

Byron Allen said Diddy and Magic Johnson are scared to speak out on how they were low-balled and setup to fail by the Network because they are scared of being ostracized.

Yet Monique is literally doing what Byron Allen said Diddy and Magic are too scared to do and I just read over 50 post from "black men" shytting on a black woman calling out clear racial discrimination.
Monique is not suing to win the money, the case is now on legal record that netflix has been accused of racial and/or gender discrimination and gives the next young brother or sister being low-balled by a network because they are black a leg to stand on (historical precedent).

Until someone can explain to me why Amy Schumer was given 26x the amount Monique was offered ($13 million) for her terrible special then I'll say her claims are vaild (Amy's standup was so bad netflix had to change is rating system so it wouldn't show up rated one star)

An older relative explained to me that most of the "working class" black people hated on Dr. King and Brother Malcolm heavily during the 60's because they were "rocking the boat."

I'm seeing this play out in real time and Monique will be on the right side of history when they internal emails and correspondence between the Netflix folks are revealed.

Have you guys forgot about the foul shyt them cacs was saying about Kevin Hart when the Sony emails were hacked and leaked? Yet you are doubting Monique?

Protect Black Women.

Your right. Its the right lawsuit but the wrong person plus monique aint looking for black people she out for self. The dave, chris, jerry, and eddie murphy are elite legend deals that they would get over her in any platform. Thats like Kerr asking why nike only offered him a 50k sneaker deal while jordan got a signature shoe plus 10m.

If she didnt burn that tyler perry bridge she couldve filmed something and have it exclusively on Oprah shyt but she wanna burn bridges. She was out here at levity live 2 weeks and they said she was up there just ranting and naggin instead of being funny. Comedy is an escape not her therapy session

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
its an insult to people that are really getting racially discriminated against

Dave Chapelle got paid that cuz he gets the world talking when he performs. Jerry Seinfeld is a name that is known to over 2 billion people in the world, the show has created unheard of amounts of revenue. i dont know how her lawyer cant get thru to her that its just not the same.

Breh, her lawyers are telling her she's got a case. They are getting paid regardless:lolbron:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Breh, her lawyers are telling her she's got a case. They are getting paid regardless:lolbron:

lol yea its a sad and fair point. she has had some money problems, you wonder if shes just getting taken advantage of

there was an offer on the table, and she turned it down. im sure that happens every 5 minutes in that biz, but she just doubles down on this for some reason

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
lol yea its a sad and fair point. she has had some money problems, you wonder if shes just getting taken advantage of

there was an offer on the table, and she turned it down. im sure that happens every 5 minutes in that biz, but she just doubles down on this for some reason

Yeah, she is taken advantage off.

There is no way Netflix will settle. It will set a precedent and they'll get sued left and right by comedians and other entertainers.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Why are people in this thread shytting on Monique and so mad at her? :dahell:

Do you work for Netflix or something?

She's suing a corporation; she's not taking money from your pockets.

Let her cook. I don't get the Monique hate.

It's alot of things for me personally her ego is out of control she goes up on radio stations and try to make herself bigger than who she is... Blaming everyone else but she's not putting in the work she's resting on her laurels instead of touring and keeping her name in the streets... I mean I have no dog in the fight but Dave Chappelle stayed working on his material he was worth the Netflix deal she was mad cause she trying to compare her to Dave...:heh: like you serious???

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
The problem is Mo'Nique, rather than define her career by what she does have, has instead chosen to define herself by what she doesn't have (Netflix money, a role in Empire, etc.) Regardless of the merits of her complaints (FWIW, I don't think she's entitled to Chappelle money), spending a decade building her career upon grievances is a huge sign of weakness, and only emphasizes her overall lack of accomplishments since Precious.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
She is pathetic. She could tour, produce her own specials, that she owns and shop them to networks and streaming services for distribution and make more money than if they funded her.

She has no business sense at all , her need for white acceptance makes it even nore pathetic.

She needs to take a page from Kat Williams hustle.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Lol with the amount of black programming Netflix has.

She has to face up to the fact that who was checking for a Monique special? She could have done the first one got rave reviews and then strong armed the amount for a second one.

Now shes burned this bridge forever and other companies looking at her like

:francis:

She's getting really bad advice

The only way I see this working for her is that she really didn't have any material

Had no ability to go in the road and make money so now this buys her free publicity and more time to build her act to then go on the road and build her following

I dunno.. but I saw Deon Cole recently on Netflix and he was funny. I doubt she'd be better than he was

She needs to get her act together literally

There's no way they settle with her
She just burned the bridge of the one employer handing out checks in her field

Take the "low ball" offer give a great show and go on the road.. that's what I would've told her

Then negotiate for a better deal on the next show assuming it goes well

Last edited:
Daps
Netflix Sued by Comedian Mo'Nique for Alleged Race, Gender Discrimination
Mo'Nique claims that Netflix offered her $500,000 for her comedy special, compared with the reported $60 million comedian Dave Chappelle received in his multispecial deal, NBC News reported.

Mo'Nique filed her lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday.

Fellow comedian Jerry Seinfeld reportedly signed a $100 million deal with Netflix in 2017.

"Despite Mo'Nique's extensive résumé and documented history of comedic success, when Netflix presented her with an offer of employment for an exclusive stand-up comedy special, Netflix made a lowball offer that was only a fraction of what Netflix paid other (non-Black female) comedians," said the lawsuit, which was filed on her behalf by attorneys at the deRubertis Law Firm and Schimmel & Parks.

Mo'Nique's lawsuit comes a day after the Supreme Court heard arguments in a case involving Byron Allen, the founder of U.S. television production company Entertainment Studios, against Comcast

Monique may have some merit to her case, she’s not going to get there by comparing herself to Dave Chappelle, Amy Schumer and Jerry fukking Seinfeld. There are quantifiable metrics Netflix can easily present to illustrate why those comedians got offered more. If she was comparing herself to the likes of Arsenio Hall, Chris Tucker, or Deon Cole (a reach, I know) or some of the many CaCs I can’t even name with Netflix specials, she might have a chance if they got paid substantially more by Netflix. Discovery would shed a lot of light here. But it won’t get to that point cuz this big headed bytch thinks she’s an A-list comedian:francis: