Monique is officially suing Netflix

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
:ooh:They have that on Netflix now? One of my favorite movies. :ahh:
"Goodbye morningggg -Sorry it has to enddd. They sayyyyyy I'm hopelessssss. Like a penny with a hole in itttttttt .. bah bah bahhhh ba bah bahhhhhh :mjcry:"

Mine too. I had my fingers crossed for Brown Sugar... It wasn't there :mjcry: fukk Netflix

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:beli:

I don't find Schumer funny at all, never seen a movie, standup or watched her show.

But, the show that was recorded for the Netflix special was part of her 2016 world tour where she was selling out arenas.

She was the first comedienne to sell out Madison Square Garden.

From 2013-2016 she had a Comedy Central show that received a Peabody Award, was nominated for 8 Emmys, winning 2.

She hosted the 2015 MTV Movie Awards.

She was the star in Trainwreck, a 2015 movie that got good reviews and made $141M against a $35M budget.

In 2015 she had an HBO special directed by Chris Rock where she performed at the Apollo that was nominated for 3 Emmys.

She wrote a book in 2016 that was on the top of the NY Times Best Sellers List and the audio book was nominated for a Grammy.

She does this while being friends with top people in Hollywood.

She's fukking trash but she has an audience, you can point to recent successes and relationships with other top celebs as to why Netflix would throw her the bag.

Outside of the Donald Glover commercials she did with Adidas, what recent thing has she done that the Coli has talked about?

The only time she’s mentioned is when she’s shytting on somebody or Netflix.
bodied that retard :picard:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ok "brother." You obviously could care less about Mo because I saw her in stand up in Atlanta this year, it was sold out btw.

do you really want to compare the Oscar winning actress, star of her TV show, multiple times over sold out tours, 20 years of giving us good content, Queen of Comedy Monique to this unfunny cac joke thief?

Amy Schumer is friends with top people in Hollywood because she's is a Jewish girl from a political family, and that is6 why Netflix offered her more than Mo. You really think Amy Schumer's resume can measure up to Monique?

But yall love black women tho.

:usure:

listen clown

nobody saying schumer is good... they are saying she has a drawing power

Monique doesn't. she can't get a tour together or book big audiences. her boycott movement was a flop too..

business isn't a charity. she was given a fair offer for her level.

keep crying about it. if you can't get the clicks n views you can't get the money...

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
bodied that retard :picard:
Dude shut your stupid hyped for nothing ass up. You’re the fukkin retard. All he did was state the obvious and evident in a wall of text that could have been summarized in a 2 sentence response. You can’t compare a black woman’s struggle within
Hollywood circles, to that of a connected Jew in the entertainment industry with a mainstream white audience support and show of force. I’m sick of your out of touch Canadian cape for cac commenting. Dumbest m’fer in here besides @Strapped

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
listen clown

nobody saying schumer is good... they are saying she has a drawing power

Monique doesn't. she can't get a tour together or book big audiences. her boycott movement was a flop too..

business isn't a charity. she was given a fair offer for her level.

keep crying about it. if you can't get the clicks n views you can't get the money...
@Rawster Dont even waste your time responding or debating to this c00nadian^^^. Not worth the engagement. He’s stuck in a cultural time warp from 15 yrs ago; he’s always in threads asking simple minded behind the times questions that we knew about here, back in the early 2000s. The Parkers is a new show, over there and Precious is newly released in the theaters where he’s at.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok "brother." You obviously could care less about Mo because I saw her in stand up in Atlanta this year, it was sold out btw.

Where did you see her in Atlanta?

Was it for this event?

Mo'Nique and Friends

If so, Variety Playhouse has a capacity of 1,000.

Or was it this?

A3C Festival & Conference 2019

A big ass festival?

Schumer performed at Phillips (State Farm) Arena that has a capacity of 21,000.

do you really want to compare the Oscar winning actress, star of her TV show, multiple times over sold out tours, 20 years of giving us good content, Queen of Comedy Monique to this unfunny cac joke thief?
What does any of that have to do with Netflix offering her money today?:unimpressed:

Precious, a drama, came out in 2009.:unimpressed:

The Parkers ended in 2004.:unimpressed:

Queens of Comedy came out in 2001.:unimpressed:

Again, I don't fukk with Schumer at all, but a lot of people do. Netflix don't give a fukk about who is funny or not, they care about who is gonna get a bunch of people to use their service.

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
A lot of you dudes with your capes blowing in the wind for Monique need to look up Katherine Heigl...this chick was an A list actress who fukked up her own career

her and her mother/manager were terrors to deal with and she was insanely unprofessional:
Why Hollywood won't cast Katherine Heigl anymore

she fell off so bad that she wound up having to do a nyquil commercial just to climb her way back up

the same thing is happening to monique but she won't accept what's happening to her, she's fighting it

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
With all things in life you can only ASK for your price.

You can't demand it and get mad when people say no thanks.
:mjlol:

Especially in Entertainment.

No gender or racial discrimination here. Too many examples in this thread alone on why its not.

Shes big mad is all.

Compare her self to Dave....or even Schumer when she was on fire in the industry weather you like her or not.

bytch is bonkers.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Nobody was/is checking for a comedy special from her so thinking she can demand so much is ridiculous. Amy Schumer is garbage but she is way more popular and the "it" girl in comedy so of course she'll get a bigger bag. Should have taken the Netflix money and use the new interest and tour comedy clubs and when Netflix comes back for a second show she can ask for more.