Monica McNutt just ethered Stephen A on his own show. Look at Shannon and Molly’s faces!!

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
They will because it’s the dry sports season coming up and they’ll need content to discuss.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that SAS and Shannon will be there to do it with vacation coming up.

The backup panelist tend to be more open in discussing different topics rather than the same ones regurgitated by SAS and company.

Naw

It’s going to be the nba finals

Is tatum top 10 if he wins

Is luka top 10 if he wins

Where is kyrie rank

Some NFL player will make news

The nba draft talks

Only time u will hear WNBA if caitilan go for 50 or someone else pushed her down again

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In his feelings

all he had to say is "you know what monica? you're right."

instead we get 5 minutes of juelz'n.

monica's name was ringing out before stephen a/first take. she most likely got the look on first take BECAUSE people in the industry were already paying attention. which echoes her point about the wnba: stephen a waited until it was poppin to join the convo.

dude too busy putting band-aids on his ego to hear what she was saying to him.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
These people are all on Caitlin Clark’s nuts and it ain’t working out like they want (so far) so they got to make up drama. Monica is one of the lead voices for that league and she works for espn. She can call them out. This same show will touch on smaller market teams who win, but will dedicate damn near whole shows to certain major teams win or lose. They can do better with the topics they chose to talk about. We all know they’ll move on completely from the wnba when NFL camps start so it is what it is. I’m watching the segment now and I’m reminded why I stopped watching this show. You can’t be a yelling ass debate show and have people calling in on zoom or via satellite or whatever they use at espn. The yelling is bad enough, having people yelling on like 2 to 5 second delays is fukking awful.
All that is fine… but it doesn’t change what I said.

I stopped watching First Take probably 10+ years ago.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Boy we shouldve known Shannon was going to jump at the chance for a drama and tea exclusive:mjlol:
At least he gave her a chance to get her shyt off, and they even talked about everything else that transpired that day with Angel’s comments as well as what Pat McAfee said.

Stephen A just doubled down on what he said (from what I’ve been seeing in these comments).

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Naw

It’s going to be the nba finals

Is tatum top 10 if he wins

Is luka top 10 if he wins

Where is kyrie rank

Some NFL player will make news

The nba draft talks

Only time u will hear WNBA if caitilan go for 50 or someone else pushed her down again
That’s not enough to content to get them until August-September

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Again in the basketball sense it's ok to be the villain; that has nothing to do with her off the court. Separate the two for a second. She literally got hype that Caitlin took a cheap shot the other night lol...from the bench might I add. That has nothing to do with being black and confident.
Well, I’ll rephrase that her ACTIONS, I don’t think she did anything villainous, but she even said herself that she’ll take on that villain role because that’s what the media wants her to be anyway. She sees the big picture that every hero needs a villain and that will help grow the game.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well, I’ll rephrase that her ACTIONS, I don’t think she did anything villainous, but she even said herself that she’ll take on that villain role because that’s what the media wants her to be anyway. She sees the big picture that every hero needs a villain and that will help grow the game.
Everyone wants to be the villain until it’s time to become the villain and deal with the rhetoric and criticism that comes along with it.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
This let her shine argument is terrible
Sports is about competition
The women are competing and doing exactly what happens to rookies in the NBA
This cac bytch doesn’t deserve protection or coddling because white america is pushing for her to be the great white hope
Let the bytch play and take her lumps
Nobody gon respect easy street
Every great player had to go through it to get where they are
The media crowning her when she ain’t did shyt is the crux of the issue
Can’t respect it or any so called stand up nikka defending this shyt
It’s a lot of you telling on yourselves through these Aubrey/Caitlin threads
And I mean. ALOT :dead:

Last edited:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown

Now we're on the same page lol. That's what I meant by Angel leaning into it yesterday. Nothing wrong with it at all

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
The thing these shows don’t want to discuss is that a big portion of Clark’s “fanbase” only care due to the racial/political aspect. If Angel Reese never taunted her, some of these folks wouldn’t even be following her. I’ve seen folks putting her next to Jackie Robinson

Rookies have been getting it from vets since the beginning of time. That’s just how sports are. Caitlyn isn’t even getting it worse than Lonzo Ball did, but because she’s white everyone treats her with kid gloves. Clark is of course leaning into this. Compare her reaction to Angels

Personally she’s not even the player I follow most. I’ve been way more of a Brink fan, who I think will be the best player of the draft along with Cardoso.
Total casual opinion here from someone who only watches NCAA with family and hasn’t been to a Liberty game in 20 years but this, to me, is the main reason. There’s so many new eyes on the WNBA because they want to see the white savior beat the black girls.

If Reese never taunted Clark and the latter was just playing against a bunch of white girls, would CC have the notoriety she has now? Would she be protected and defended the way she is now?

I say no. You cannot remove the racial component and how white women have been historically viewed in this country from why people, including these regular and media nikkas, baby Caitlin so much (literally see the reaction of her taunt in the tournament vs. Reese). Sports is never just sports in cases like these because the media is inherently biased. So in sum, yes, the league is getting clout on the back of these black women too, because if her opponents were all white women like CC, none of these crackers would have a self-insert in CC that they’re so rabid about.