Monica McNutt just ethered Stephen A on his own show. Look at Shannon and Molly’s faces!!

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Because nobody gave a fukk about the WNBA before Clark raised ratings and attendance. Why is this hard to understand lol? It's not about rolling out a red carpet for her. She's gonna go thru lumps as a rookie, I get it. But this campaign to pretend like this league had any cultural relevance over the last few years is wild. We have numbers, it's documented.

This isn't some niche thing that was getting by fine. The only reason the WNBA exists is because the NBA props it up financially. If Clark can get the league better coverage and a TV contract why would anyone be mad about that. That's what collective bargaining is for....she's gonna change these broke chick's lives and they're mad lol.
When did I say people cared about the WNBA before now?

My problem with SAS and a lot of people is they’re telling the other players in the league how to be “grateful” because of CC. That shyt reeks of white savior complex. Don’t tell these girls how to feel when you just started watching because it’s a trending topic. They’ve been balling and trying to get people to tune in.

Just because CC is bringing more attention to the game it doesn’t mean the rest of the league is gonna lay down for her or ignore the weird criticism/racism that is coming from the new “fans”.

This is what happens you try to center an entire league around one player. Of course there’s gonna be resentment from others regardless of how much she’s moving the needle.

Both of these things can be true:
1) CC is bringing more attention and eyes to the league.
2) The other players have a right to feel a way about some of the commentary around her; especially if it’s disingenuous and racism.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
When did I say people cared about the WNBA before now?

My problem with SAS and a lot of people is they’re telling the other players in the league how to be “grateful” because of CC. That shyt reeks of white savior complex.

Just because CC is bringing more attention to the game it doesn’t mean the rest of the league is gonna lay down for her or ignore the weird criticism/racism that is coming from the new “fans”.

This is what happens you try to center an entire league around one player. Of course there’s gonna be resentment from others regardless of how much she’s moving the needle.

Both of these things can be true:
1) CC is bringing more attention and eyes to the league.
2) The other players have a right to feel a way about some of the commentary around her; especially if it’s disingenuous and racism.

Just like Monica, you asked how come FT (and other ESPN shows) didn't discuss the league before now. The answer is because nobody cared about the league before Clark. She has brought new, casual fans to the sport. I won't compare her to Tiger skills wise obviously, but seems clear she is growing her sport like Tiger grew golf. And I remember golfers being mad about that, refusing to acknowledge him, being salty etc. He single handedly made golf watchable for millions more people and is largely responsible for where the sport is today. Clark is clearly growing her sport too and time will tell if this is sustainable but of course she deserves respect for that. This has nothing to do with kissing her ass or bowing to the savior. But facts are facts and she is driving newfound interest whether people like it or not.

I also agree players have a fight to feel a way. Hell remember some of the shyt LeBron's teammates said when Cleveland got the first pick? I remember one of them saying the Cavs didn't need to be saved lol. That's just ego and you expect that from people. But reality is still reality...

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Just like Monica, you asked how come FT (and other ESPN shows) didn't discuss the league before now. The answer is because nobody cared about the league before Clark. She has brought new, casual fans to the sport. I won't compare her to Tiger skills wise obviously, but seems clear she is growing her sport like Tiger grew golf. And I remember golfers being mad about that, refusing to acknowledge him, being salty etc. He single handedly made golf watchable for millions more people and is largely responsible for where the sport is today. Clark is clearly growing her sport too and time will tell if this is sustainable but of course she deserves respect for that. This has nothing to do with kissing her ass or bowing to the savior. But facts are facts and she is driving newfound interest whether people like it or not.

I also agree players have a fight to feel a way. Hell remember some of the shyt LeBron's teammates said when Cleveland got the first pick? I remember one of them saying the Cavs didn't need to be saved lol. That's just ego and you expect that from people. But reality is still reality...
I don’t get why you keep bringing up CC bringing more eyes to the game. I’ve already agreed with that.

My problem is a lot of those eyes she brings happen to be shytty people who are only interested in her success and are using any inconvenience against her as a reason to be racist.

The WNBA needs multiple superstar players who can usher in a new era. Them piggybacking off CC is a dangerous precedent. What if CC is injury prone? What if she doesn’t end up being as good as expected? Are these fans gonna support other players/teams or will the WNBA go back to Tubi status?

I agree with a lot of your points. Im just trying to look at this from both angles.

Last edited:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn he knew she was right and just had to shut up. You did some shyt if you get that loud mouth nikka to shut up.
I don't think he believes she was right. I think he felt like she's wrong but couldn't elaborate and tell the raw truth as to why she's wrong in his eyes.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Naw

It’s going to be the nba finals

Is tatum top 10 if he wins

Is luka top 10 if he wins

Where is kyrie rank

Some NFL player will make news

The nba draft talks

Only time u will hear WNBA if caitilan go for 50 or someone else pushed her down again
That's another bad conversation.
Tatum and Luka should not be out in the same conversation, as Ant shouldn't have. Even if BOS wins, his numbers are NOWHERE in that conversation and never was. Keep in mind I'm a Zion fan so I definitely ain't a Luka rider, but when certain players walk in the league dominant and doing historic things, it's disrespectful to put someone like Tatum in that conversation who took 4-5 years just to average over 25.

Some dudes walk into the league doing that.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
That's another bad conversation.
Tatum and Luka should not be out in the same conversation, as Ant shouldn't have. Even if BOS wins, his numbers are NOWHERE in that conversation and never was. Keep in mind I'm a Zion fan so I definitely ain't a Luka rider, but when certain players walk in the league dominant and doing historic things, it's disrespectful to put someone like Tatum in that conversation who took 4-5 years just to average over 25.

Some dudes walk into the league doing that.
ESPN production meetings must go like this

-how do we appeal to the dumbest and lowest denominator fans out there?

-who is the demographic that watches our show religiously?

They moved from Lebron/MJ talk and somehow are trying to make Luka vs Tatum a thing. Tatum is nowhere near Luka's level, whether Dallas wins or loses this series. But clicks.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
He hit her with the same "woooow" that someone uses when they're caught texting someone they shouldn't lmao

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to go there, but she'll never do that to Rich Eilsen, Colin Cowherd, Bill Simmons, etc or any other CAC media representative

Sounded extra comfortable talking like that to Stephen A Smith on national live TV

I think she would where those individuals wouldn't even feel comfortable discussing the subject.
Those individuals wouldn't feel comfortable talking to anyone on TV with any slight pro-blackness

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Bomani Jones makes a point about these fresh eyes that are now showing up and speaking about the WNBA. Are they ready for how we talk about sports and shyt talk the players. Will they hide behind them being women? Cause if it becomes a mainstream sport it also comes with the scrutiny that give the men. It's gonna be harsh, because that's how we discuss sports. This is what they wanted though, so they better not complain and talk that " women's business shyt"
They will definitely. Kendrick Perkins was already on TV saying that you can't use certain words like hatin and jealousy when talking about women because it triggers them. WNBA will be treated with kid gloves.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Yesterday just showed how much of a clown show ESPN is these days. You had the 2 biggest names on the channel make fools of themselves on the same subject. Stephen A. with his “Yall women wouldn’t be shyt without me” talk was cringe as hell.