Modern humans have existed for 300,000 years but Abrahamic religions are only 3500 years old

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
i dont really care whether you believe me or not to be honest

Apparently, you do, which is why you attempted to list off a fake credential.

Either you're going to post evidence of your claim, or you get called out for lying. That's how a debate works.

I am actually a member of the ACS and have quite a few of their mugs. They send me new ones for my birthday

For a guy that supposedly doesn't care whether or not someone believes them, you are are doing a great job of listing off things you think would make me believe your claim.

You asked people for evidence in this very thread-- provide some, and stop being hypocritical.

nothing you said refutes what I've already told you

Except it did, especially the part where you claimed Radioactive Decay isn't Chemistry.

I have provided evidence it is, from the ACS themselves (which you completely ignored because it debunked your bullshyt):

Screenshot-463.png

You want to regurgitate what youve been spoon fed and when I tell you otherwise like others you take it as an attack on your person. You are just another indoctrinated fool unfortunately

Screenshot-464.png

If I explained in detail why radiometric dating to estimate the past is fallacious, it doesnt appear to me you would understand the reasoning.

You could try.

You will fail.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
I didn’t just post tall buildings. I posted intricately laid out architectural designs. Just because you find something aesthetically pleasing (it looks like you really love gothic architecture) doesn’t mean it’s more advanced than modern structures.

I’ve built 1500 square foot ranches with 0 machinery(besides electric power tools) in a few months. Pouring concrete, measuring and cutting wood, and hammering shyt together isn’t that hard. I’ve seen a team of Mexicans sheet rock a whole house and lay a concrete foundation in an afternoon.

The Raftsman’s Journal was the creation of H. Bucher Swoope (occasionally spelled Swope), a young lawyer from Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania, and began when the Whig Party was dissolving and the new American Party, or Know-Nothing movement, was beginning. The first issue of the newspaper, on June 15, 1854, editorialized the virtues of the Whigs and announced its intentions:“We shall labor to make our paper what its name signifies, a true ‘Raftsman’s Journal’ – one that shall be to him a source, not only of pleasure, but of information and instruction where he can always look, not only for the state of the markets, and the price of lumber, but for news, morals and literature. A paper that shall be to him a companion, not alone on his tedious voyage through the crooks and bends of our Susquehanna but in his family circle, his shop, his cabin, his store, and his counting room.”

The Know-Nothing movement was a political faction of the 1850s characterized by nativisim and political xenophobia, based on fears that the United States was being overtaken by immigrants. During his two years as editor, Swoope came to espouse the cause of the American Party cause, adopting the motto “Free as the Wind, and American to the Core” and exhorting readers with comments such as these that appeared in the October 3, 1855, issue: “Americans, On Guard! Make every foreigner exhibit his naturalization papers!” Swoope sold the Journal to Simon Bolivar Row in January 1856, and initially it remained an American Party organ. During the Civil War, the Journal supported the Republican (or so-called Union) Party, in fierce opposition to the Clearfield Republican a Copperhead Democrat newspaper, and both newspapers provide vivid reading. The Raftsman’s Journal continued in operation until 1948.

Wikipedia about the Know Nothing movement:

Supporters of the Know Nothing movement believed that an alleged "Romanist" conspiracy was being planned to subvert civil and religious liberty in the United States, and sought to politically organize native-born Protestants in what they described as a defense of their traditional religious and political values. The Know Nothing movement is remembered for this theme because of fears by Protestants that Catholic priests and bishops would control a large bloc of voters. In most places, the ideology and influence of the Know Nothing movement lasted only a year or two before disintegrating due to weak and inexperienced local leaders, a lack of publicly declared national leaders, and a deep split over the issue of slavery. In the South, the party did not emphasize anti-Catholicism as frequently as it did in the North and stressed a neutral position on slavery, but it became the main alternative to the dominant Democratic Party.

Push 19th century Protestant conspiracy theories :heh:
Compare a ranch built on flat land to castles and cathedrals, some of which built on hills and mountains brehs.
:mjlol::snoop:

Cut the cap.

And what from the article (not you trying to play misdirection with political affiliations) lends you to believe they were speaking of CONSPIRACIES? You addressed the political affiliations instead of what was said.
Says the person posting about some ancient civilizations more advanced than our own currently

Let me break it to you, there would be some evidence of that :russell:

The evidence is Tyne structures themselves. You don’t build this:

neuschwanstein-castle-bavaria-germany-best-castles-in-europe.jpg

Using horse and buggy and hammer and chisel. And built with such quality and craftsmanship that it still stands intact today…

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
That’s fair, I’m not reading this thread. So no agenda on my part. Do they know what kicked off civilization as we see it. I kind of assumed there was a change in genetics or diet and those humans are a common ancestor to the rest of us. We’re so tribal I assumed whoever started it would be like khan and we would all more or less be descended from them. Especially African people since humanity would have been located mostly in Africa back then.

Those humans were us and resources were easily attainable from agriculture

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Apparently, you do, which is why you attempted to list off a fake credential.

Either you're going to post evidence of your claim, or you get called out for lying. That's how a debate works.

For a guy that supposedly doesn't care whether or not someone believes them, you are are doing a great job of listing off things you think would make me believe your claim.

You asked people for evidence in this very thread-- provide some, and stop being hypocritical.

Except it did, especially the part where you claimed Radioactive Decay isn't Chemistry.

I have provided evidence it is, from the ACS themselves (which you completely ignored because it debunked your bullshyt):

Screenshot-463.png

Screenshot-464.png

You could try.

You will fail.
posting the images still hasnt changed anything. There are people like @Mook who have been posting with me since SOHH days that knows when I worked in radiation (2012-2016)

like others you have no proof other than: "this scientific body believes this so I believe it"

move along please and stop quoting me.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The holder of “logic” asks me how long it would take to rebuild a city that was 75% destroyed (meaning removal of old materials necessary) along with the building of roads in a time when only horse and buggy was being used
My guy, there are entire YouTube channels that make money off of showing themselves building homes and other shyt with their bare hands and minimal tools

You started from a faulty premise that building a simple house is difficult and you extrapolated a conspiracy theory from there :heh:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
My guy, there are entire YouTube channels that make money off of showing themselves building homes and other shyt with their bare hands and minimal tools

You started from a faulty premise that building a simple house is difficult and you extrapolated a conspiracy theory from there :heh:

while i dont agree with your sentiment those videos look dope :whoo:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
posting the images still hasnt changed anything

Au contraire, I believe it changes an objective third party's perception of at least two things:

1) you claimed to be a member of ACS, unaware that

2) the ACS disagree with your claim that radioactive decay isn't chemistry.

:mjlol:

I mean, do you hear yourself? The measure of elements and their transformations "ISN'T CHEMISTRY"????

Nikka, why would anyone in their right minds believe anything you have to say after that???? :skip:

like others you have no proof other than: "this scientific body believes this so I believe it"

The guy claiming to be an authority in the handling of radiation, but won't provide any evidence besides "the homie knows", is demanding evidence.

The balls you have, breh :russ:

For the record, this chemistry can be done by anyone. It's not "I'm taking scientists word for it". No scientist does this-- the objective of peer review is to debunk hypotheses.

This means if your objections to radiometric dating held any merit, you'd have written a paper on the topic, and why it doesn't square with observation.

That shouldn't be hard, considering "you're a member of the ACS", right?

:duck:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
nuclear decay from my jobs point of view was keeping materials as long as they were emitting beta emissions or alpha particles

only our cobalt source emitted gamma. I dealt largely with waste from the veterinary hospital that generated significant quantities of cat piss (literal @Cat piss martini )

that said, a decay rate doesnt imply a start date. Its just a rate of decay. You do know that radioactive isotopes can be synthesized? The fact that that is a thing should let you know why I say their estimations of 4billion year ages is complete bunk because if there were circumstances that uranium could fuse it could be in the thousands of years old but still read as having a long age. The decay rates are not "completely" constant either. There are other factors that can speed up or slow down radioactive decay which is why at my job we were very meticulous about storage conditions. Something could be burned in an incincerator after a certain period (beta) but alpha emitting isotopes were mixed into concrete and buried as they will be emitting those particles for a very long time.

Even now, there are huge environmental issues with nuclear waste in the chesapeake bay region due to misunderstandings about nuclear decay in the 40s-50s where waste was improperly disposed of. In Russia there are wide parts of the country as big as some of our states that do not grow anything due to bad disposal.

Once again this has no bearing on "dating methods" used to estimate when these materials came to be. Which is what I've said numerous times is erroneous.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
yeah its not that the dating method isnt usable, its that its accuracy becomes significantly worse the further you get away from its intended use is

I dont like to entertain conspiracies but it is said that the Smithsonian buys up most of the unusual things people have found and hides them. :hubie:

the vatican is also known to do this too. I dont completely understand the rationale but history shows that nations genuinely try to curtail the image of not just their future but also their past for the purposes of controlling its individual populations narrative.
There’s a belief that Egyptian artifacts were found in the Grand Canyon and I believe the Smithsonian worked to cover it up. Been awhile since I looked at that but there are pyramids in the Grand Canyon that they gave Egyptian names:
images

Tower_of_Set%2C_Grand_Canyon.jpg

the second formation or pyramid is called the Horus temple. This coupled with the fact that certain areas are off limits shows why some people believe they’re hiding something there and about America overall…

:russell: I never said it was difficult to build a house with one person. I never said it was difficult to build a house either.

What is difficult is seeing 80% of a city burnt down and 7 years later having it fully built again with Roman architecture… And that’s after in the 1850s 75% of that same city being burnt down to where 4 years later it looks like this:

1855 San Fran:
graphjpg.jpg

russian.0.0.jpg

It’s also difficult to run up a mountain and build a castle with a sturdy enough foundation that hundreds of years later is still stands intact
:ehh:

Hochosterwitz-Castle-870x580.jpg.webp

Comparing a single family dwelling to all that I’m saying is you purposely being disingenuous to feel as if you got the upper hand. But you don’t. Say it with me, your beliefs on history are illogical
:coffee:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
There’s a belief that Egyptian artifacts were found in the Grand Canyon and I believe the Smithsonian worked to cover it up. Been awhile since I looked at that but there are pyramids in the Grand Canyon that they gave Egyptian names:
images

Tower_of_Set%2C_Grand_Canyon.jpg

the second formation or pyramid is called the Horus temple. This coupled with the fact that certain areas are off limits shows why some people believe they’re hiding something there and about America overall…
yeah I have heard that, I also heard they found hindu things there :leon: even stranger

chinese walls in california etc

America probably has a rich hidden history but we may never fully know it.

Geordi

All Star
Daps

They are watching nonsense youtube videos like this

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
nuclear decay from my jobs point of view was keeping materials as long as they were emitting beta emissions or alpha particles

Wait, wait, wait--

You're not a scientist. You are a person whose job it was to handle/dispose of radioactive materials, is that what you're saying?

:gucci:

Interestingly, you're in here saying that we've been force fed propaganda by scientists, but according to you, your literal life depended on understanding of scientific principles.

This is amazing. :wow:

I'll never be able to square in my head Christians and other religious zealots literally rely on science to survive, but at the same time denounce it and claim it's wrong.

That is textbook cognitive dissonance.

that said, a decay rate doesnt imply a start date. Its just a rate of decay. You do know that radioactive isotopes can be synthesized? The fact that that is a thing should let you know why I say their estimations of 4billion year ages is complete bunk because if there were circumstances that uranium could fuse it could be in the thousands of years old but still read as having a long age

The problem with this line of thinking is that you are making a claim that you cannot test or prove. You also have no evidence of this. There would be peer reviewed research on this topic. A paper that debunks radiometric dating is a fukking easy Nobel Prize.

Saying radioactive isotopes can be synthesized is a gish gallop-- Rubidium-87 is widely available. You can dig this shyt out of the ground right now. Again, YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW IT'S "START DATE".

Radiometric dating is concerned with how many elements and daughter elements are present in a material. You have no idea what the concept even is, that's why you're talking about irrelevant shyt like "start dates".

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Compare a ranch built on flat land to castles and cathedrals, some of which built on hills and mountains brehs.
:heh: The architectural principles are the same guy. Instead of 10 guys, you have 3,000. We literally have manuals and writings from people who were there at the time and how they did it.

Some French castle enthusiasts built a medieval castle using only hand tools

It took 25 years. Now imagine instead of a team of a few dozen, it’s teams of thousands of craftsman.

This is Bory castle. It was built by one man

images

Cut the cap.

And what from the article (not you trying to play misdirection with political affiliations) lends you to believe they were speaking of CONSPIRACIES? You addressed the political affiliations instead of what was said.
Probably the bit about the Roman Catholic Church trying to take over the United States, that immigrants were being used to take over the United States and the fact their own peers considered them to be insane at the time. :heh:

The evidence is Tyne structures themselves. You don’t build this:

neuschwanstein-castle-bavaria-germany-best-castles-in-europe.jpg

Using horse and buggy and hammer and chisel. And built with such quality and craftsmanship that it still stands intact today…

My guy that’s Neuschwanstein castle. It was finished in 1885. They used steam engines and had telephone service :heh:

Modern technology

Although Ludwig was fascinated by medieval legends and stories, he also wanted the best of the best for his new home. So in designing Neuschwanstein, builders used the latest innovations to ensure that the king had the most up-to-date technology at his disposal. For example, according to the Neuschwanstein Web site, the building had hot air central heating and every floor had running water. The kitchen featured both cold and hot water, and the castle's toilets were among the first with an automatic flushing system.

Even the construction was done with state-of-the-art tools. Steam engines drove the cranes used to build the castle and steel construction was the basis of the Throne Room. Ludwig even had telephones on two floors, though the number of people he could call was extremely limited.

Breh, if you are going to make conspiracy theories, make sure it’s not within modern historical record :laff:

Geordi

All Star
Daps
Nope but people who can’t critically think will always misrepresent the point to make themselves feel like they have the upper hand
:ehh:

I said they couldn’t REBUILD a city to that extent within 9 years. And while looking all that up, I saw that there was another fire that destroyed San Fran in 1851. By 1856 this is what it looked like:

graphjpg.0.jpg

Just like the others, you won’t address how illogical it is that a city could be built to this extent within 5 years with horse and buggy. You’ll just deflect
:unimpressed::yeshrug:
How do you know that they couldnt rebuild a city that fast? Why do think they only had horses and buggies? The railroad was invented in the 1600s and there were also boats for transportation. They had explosives, steam engines, machine tools, steel. Concrete was invented in ancient Rome

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Besides radiometric dating, there are plenty of other forms of disproving young Earth creationist claims and biblical literalism.

Dendrochronology measures the ring growth of timber/trees, which we can prove grow a single ring every year.

The oldest tree in existence is the Great Basin Bristlecone Pine, which is over 5000 years old, confirmed.

Apparently, this tree survived Noah's flood, which, according to your god, wiped out every living thing except that which was on the Ark.

So either god lied about killing every living thing, trees were magically spared, or it's a bunch of bullshyt.