MLB Legend Reggie Jackson Exposes Racism He Endured During His Career

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hearing testimony like that in the same era where you have young people saying "I'm not my ancestors" to diminish what they went thru and accomplished, trying to paint them as passive or cowardly is very foul. The realest shyt he said was about him being a fighter and if it wasn't for his white Allies. Yes those do exist the coli. He would have died fighting. It took more for him to endure than beat down racists. So the next time someone tries to shyt on all these previous generations they should really be held accountable for standing on their shoulders while claiming they didn't do shyt.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Well Texas is a Republican ran state, look at their Governor and his views. Donald Sterling was a L.A. Clippers owner and some people out there has the same views too.
youre not making a single point

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
:mjcry: I felt that. Lord knows its the ying to the yang. For the bunch of cacs that want you to not exist, it takes that one soul to be like..."you know what...I got time today for them fukking crackers".

The man experience bigotry in a pure uncut fashion, but manage to keep the head up high and the faith, because lord knows what would have happened if there wasn't any intuition.

The fact remains that the MLB is still tied to a dark cloud of racism and trials of the past that it took almost 90 years for the Negro Leagues to be taken serious stat wise.

Hell, they used to play games in Mobile with MLB players, but you wouldn't know such things because that field is long gone, and no one knew such a tale on this given day.
I believe it was called Monroe Park and is currently where the police horse farm is on Virginia st. It’s definitely in the Down The Bay neighborhood.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
:mjlol:Alabama voted democrat during those times. So, you actually made the opposite point. Alabama is less racist now that they vote Republican.
Alabama is conservative. The parties changed ideologies, not the state. We still don’t have a freaking lottery because of supposed conservative Christian values

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
crazy, wasn't that long ago. i would imagine cats like Russell, Jackson and Robinson had to have some kind of PTSD or something.

i remember as a kid living in Little Rock, Arkansas. my grandma worked at Central High during brown vs board of education, during the little rock 9 and lived right around the corner on Dennison street.

i used to listen to the stories my grandparents, pops, aunts, uncles and older cousins would talk about regarding black history and their experiences during Jim crow.

I've been to that church in Alabama where those girls were killed. i remember back in 88 when Mississippi burning came out. i was 9. that movie scared the hell out of me. even though it was mostly fictionalized, i remember my pops saying, "i remember when that happened", imagine that. he was 12 when that stuff happened.

a lotta older black folks that are still around from that time carry some hostility and have a certain attitude towards white folks. folks have to understood what these people went through and what they saw.
Demons harassing Ruby Bridges when she was 6. Ruby Bridges isn’t even 70 yet

R.2049dac5fac6151e4c7cabc4d01d5a97

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
:mjlol:Alabama voted democrat during those times. So, you actually made the opposite point. Alabama is less racist now that they vote Republican.
Alabama voted and still votes, conservative. Democrat and Republican are brand names. Conservative whites have not changed from the old days. They still miss the Confederacy.