MLB Legend Reggie Jackson Exposes Racism He Endured During His Career

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
crazy, wasn't that long ago. i would imagine cats like Russell, Jackson and Robinson had to have some kind of PTSD or something.

i remember as a kid living in Little Rock, Arkansas. my grandma worked at Central High during brown vs board of education, during the little rock 9 and lived right around the corner on Dennison street.

i used to listen to the stories my grandparents, pops, aunts, uncles and older cousins would talk about regarding black history and their experiences during Jim crow.

I've been to that church in Alabama where those girls were killed. i remember back in 88 when Mississippi burning came out. i was 9. that movie scared the hell out of me. even though it was mostly fictionalized, i remember my pops saying, "i remember when that happened", imagine that. he was 12 when that stuff happened.

a lotta older black folks that are still around from that time carry some hostility and have a certain attitude towards white folks. folks have to understood what these people went through and what they saw.

Talk to em

I had a chance to meet Willie Mays some years back with my dad, they're from the same area, and to listen to some of the stories he told about the stuff he had to deal with was ridiculous. Had a chance to meet Hank Aaron too(I told that story before) but he didn't talk about that in detail, he was the nicest person and even signed a glove, a ball, and a bat that I still have til this day. That's the reason why I'd never put any player over the like of Willie Mays and Hank Aaron. Nobody had to deal with what they dealt with. Also, Atlanta is literally a direct result of Birmingham's racism, heard that from Hank himself along with several other old heads when I was younger, I never forgot that.

:ohhh:there's a book on this as to why Atlanta became what it was didn't it?

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Talk to em

:ohhh:there's a book on this as to why Atlanta became what it was didn't it?

There probably is. But just to kinda break it down, if you look at the southeast on a map, Alabama is dead in the middle and furthermore Birmingham is in the middle of Alabama, every major city in the south can travel directly to Birmingham either through I-20, I-459, or I-65. But because of the stuff that was going on here, major corporations like Coca-Cola, Fed ex, UPS, and even the airport in Atlanta, and even Six Flags even the Braves and Falcons went elsewhere. You had an already made central hub for everything and it was just waiting to be developed but instead it went to Atlanta, Nashville, and Memphis and spread it all out. Birmingham realistically should be much bigger than Atlanta and probably on par with Houston by now because the metro area here is huge and spread out. But because of the hatred from the 60s, 70s, and years prior to it nobody wanted to bring businesses here, definitely not progressive business. Everything we have/had is based on necessity.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Just a reminder that with most cacs something is spiritual off with them.

literally their finite body and there suppose national culture is there God.

also it's their weakness and downfall.

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
And you dumb ass c00n nikkas
done let inbred racist jedi mind
trick you into beLIEving that putting
orange bull conner back in office helps you.
gJiHJ9D.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Life is unkind, and people must stay on their toes and remain alert at all times..but at some point Black folks who praise and endorse that orange piece of human excrement deserve him and the agony he will inflict and sadly other Black folks will catch hell once hes back in..the saying about dragging a horse to a well and it refusing to drink applies to these c00ns..fukk em :camby:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
The white people that did this to him are today's Trump supporters.

Remember that.
The literal leader of the Democratic Party today was a racist at that time.

:mjlol: Black people should be on guard period not just from one party or the other…

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Always has been and forever will be fukk alabama

You realize he was back in Alabama where all of this happened (along with other minor league cities) talking about it right?

Personally I'd rather be in Alabama than a midwest or a northwest state where there is a lack of black people.

My high school was at least 50% black. Most of you nikkas on here can't say that.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
You realize he was back in Alabama where all of this happened (along with other minor league cities) talking about it right?

Personally I'd rather be in Alabama than a midwest or a northwest state where there is a lack of black people.

My high school was at least 50% black. Most of you nikkas on here can't say that.
Two things can be true at once breh, you ain't got to get defensive.