Mitt Romney Throwing the Presidency appreciation thread.....

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
:pachaha: at republicans choosing Michael Steele for RNC just so they can say that they are an inclusive party.

:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
:pachaha: at republicans choosing Michael Steele for RNC just so they can say that they are an inclusive party.

:mjpls:

:snoop:

But that's not what they did. You guys really think the Republicans are pandering? That's their problem. They don't pander at all. They don't even step up to bat. They have the mantra that either you are with us or against us.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

But that's not what they did. You guys really think the Republicans are pandering? That's their problem. They don't pander at all. They don't even step up to bat. They have the mantra that either you are with us or against us.

I'm more conservative politically, but I still voted for Obama in 08'.

What amazes me is how some Democrats honestly believe that parachuting Obama into the presidency wasn't "pandering" either. As if he weren't a "token" by any definition. Prior to Obama, GOP Presidents were pretty much alone in putting black faces in high places.

shyt...people can say what they like about the racial issues...but GWB had discussions with Condolezza and Colin Powell in the same room...making him da only white man in the room.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps

i think that's what they did to an extent. Steele was kind of like a "test run" to see if we'd positively respond to it type thing. once they saw the experiment failed miserbly they gave him the boot and have since been on that "with us or against us" tip.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I read an article "2012 or Never" and they discussed on how if the Rethugs lose this election, they may forever lose the grip of national elections from now on due to the changing demographics, higher tolerance on homosexuals, and younger people being more educated than before. It's looking to become true cause the Rethugs base is filled with aging baby boomers that are slowly losing the grip on social issues.
chill, they were saying the same in 2004 about republicans never losing again.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
i think that's what they did to an extent. Steele was kind of like a "test run" to see if we'd positively respond to it type thing. once they saw the experiment failed miserbly they gave him the boot and have since been on that "with us or against us" tip.

Test Run?

Really?

:hmm: What was Bush's entire administration?

" Bush had more African-Americans and Hispanics among his closest advisers than did Democratic challenger John Kerry, who won a majority of black and Hispanic votes."

USATODAY.com - Bush is opening doors with a diverse Cabinet

You can't even come from that angle sis. The problem with Republicans is that they operate under a system that we don't trust because race will always be a central role in our lives.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Assuming any politician has the race in the bag in AUGUST is one of the dumbest things ever. They haven't even debated the issues yet.

And don't discount the fact that Romney will likely win Wisconsin, which is a swing-state now, simply because of Ryan. Democrats have won there for like the past 20 years or something (fact check me), but Ryan won his last SIX elections there with no less than 60% of the vote.

This also takes the heat off of Romney's business practices, and forces the issue to become about fiscal responsibility, something Republicans have been claiming Obama is bad at (ignoring that he inherited a horrible situation).

The lack of any experience in foreign police for both Romney and Ryan is going to hurt them though. And Ryan's history of voting for every Bush tax plan without a way to pay it will hurt him.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
I'm more conservative politically, but I still voted for Obama in 08'.

What amazes me is how some Democrats honestly believe that parachuting Obama into the presidency wasn't "pandering" either. As if he weren't a "token" by any definition. Prior to Obama, GOP Presidents were pretty much alone in putting black faces in high places.

shyt...people can say what they like about the racial issues...but GWB had discussions with Condolezza and Colin Powell in the same room...making him da only white man in the room.

C/S the bolded.

also on point with Condi and Colin comments
Black folks hate on Bush for taking care of his rich buddies(which all presidents cater to their interests) ...but forget he's the first pres to put two black people in 2 of the HIGHEST POSITIONS that can possibly be held aside from the presidency. a REPUBLICAN! yes that's right. that's why i respect him.

Democrats had years to do that and NEVER did. that's why i laugh when people say Democrats are the party for black people and that they have our backs. Democrats actually hold black people back in A LOT of ways but that's another debate for another day. people need to open their eyes and see the bigger picture.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps

:yes: Republicans are riding the :mjpls: movement right now. Its going to get interested how Romney moves to the center as we approach September.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
chill, they were saying the same in 2004 about republicans never losing again.

But they got old. Imagine a large portion from Gen X and Y voting republican? Neither can I. In the next 10-20 years, this country will be very differently, socially speaking. Conservatives hate change and cannot adapt to it, and that will marginalize their party to a bigoted, regional party.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Test Run?

Really?

:hmm: What was Bush's entire administration?

" Bush had more African-Americans and Hispanics among his closest advisers than did Democratic challenger John Kerry, who won a majority of black and Hispanic votes."

USATODAY.com - Bush is opening doors with a diverse Cabinet

You can't even come from that angle sis. The problem with Republicans is that they operate under a system that we don't trust because race will always be a central role in our lives.
nah with bush i believe it was geniune. see my last post. his bro is married to a latina so he's got love ...and as far as black folk he's genuinely not racist at all. (fukk kanye for his comments btw)

the Mike Steele thing was disingenuous and transparent as hell imo.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this

plus Obama supporters dont seem exited so they will stay home and its all down to a few states and their electoral votes
the electoral math favors Obama. all he has to do is get either Florida or Ohio and Romney has no real path to the white house. Ryan was a base pick they're conceding the independents and trying to turn out the base.

Romney is like John Kerry 2.0 and this is gonna be a repeat of 2004 where one side is trying to stay in power and the other side just doesn't like that candidate and also dislikes their own candidate but would rather have him then the incumbent.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map
by that map Obama has this wrapped up

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-normoyle/romney-gop-john-kerry_b_1685262.html
The parallel? In 2004, Democrats chose an uncharismatic, wooden, super-rich intellectual from Massachusetts who was painted as a flip-flopping, out-of-touch elitist. In 2012, Republicans chose an uncharismatic, wooden, super-rich intellectual from Massachusetts who was painted as a flip-flopping, out-of-touch elitist -- only it was by his own party and during the primaries.