MILITARY STORIES

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
SOF has deployment scedules but I get what you mean.

The Air force is so different from the Army that even though I was based next door to one for most of my career I know almost nothing about them.

I heard that y'all deploy individually meaning a flight or a squadron or whatever will have to send individuals for missions down range. It's not like the Army what deploys in Brigade (5000 folks) Division (15K) or Corps (40K) not everyone goes but most do. The people who stay behind have a good reason not to go and are the rear detachment who handles admin shyt in the rear and they still might go to replace dead or sick personnel.

This is correct. Unless they are sending a whole crew out for a plane, it's usually 1-3 cats from the same flight hopping on the next rotator.
It is extremely rare to see a whole unit go out (not including ST teams and stuff) at once. :dwillhuh:
Also remember a lot of cats don't go out at all. I know hella folks that have never seen the OCO funds hit their bank. :mjcry:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Does the army have some kind of black mentor program or something I’m tryna find some black guys and gals in SOF to get some and insight on being black in special operations before i head out for basic and keep seem to find shyt i guess i gotta ask my best friend that’s in school for eod officer down in Florida
Not officially because there's no racism in the racist ass Rangers but there's Black NCO's that will get you striaght but no one is gonna talk to you until after you're selected. Back in the day when people had to ask people to join there was people who offically "pressed you out" at Bragg everyone (including girls) had to take the SF recriuting brief but now there's official teams that will give you any information about any "white" meaning non classified SOF unit or support unit so there's no need for the Black big Sarn't begging you to not be a p*ssy.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know of an official one there’s a black BLM group on FB there’s a few of us here I’m SOF and still got 10 years until I retire just PM me
BLM??? You can openly be in something that poltical in SOF units where white bois are to the right of Hitler??? I was a support weenie but I never heard any Black dude tabbed or non tabbed say anything Pro Black. We did good if white boys didn't make a Selous Scouts or Rhodesian SAS reference. It didn't help that the web gear we used was called Rhodesian

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
This is correct. Unless they are sending a whole crew out for a plane, it's usually 1-3 cats from the same flight hopping on the next rotator.
It is extremely rare to see a whole unit go out (not including ST teams and stuff) at once. :dwillhuh:
Also remember a lot of cats don't go out at all. I know hella folks that have never seen the OCO funds hit their bank. :mjcry:
Again the culture is totally different, I mean some random might go fifty times and somebody might be a total slicksleever (In the Army you wear your deployment patch on the opposite sleeve of your unit patch, If you deployed with the unit that you served with they call that an sandwitch)

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Wish I still had my phone with my pics in it from going on a training mission to the Philippines...that’s a beautiful place with nice folks.

My dumb ass had my phone in my pocket one day while kayaking back when we got to Japan & lost all my shyt :snoop:

Before I joined the military I used to kick it with my cousin in Fayetteville with the 101st (might have been 81st)

army bases are big as fukk
82nd Airborne Division America's Guard of Honor The only divsion set up for rapid deployment Forced Entry Operations (doesn't it sound like I'm brain washed?)

Yeah Navy bases are hella small compared to Army bases even Fort Story is way small for a Army Base. You go to an Amoured base ( with Tank units) and they are huge.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
We had a crime ring on bragg a couple years ago, couple cats were stealing weapon parts from their units conex. Barrels, o rings, acogs, rails, triggers. So basically one cat was trying to climb the unit fence (all barbed btw) and got his stupid azz stuck. That boy had to wait until brigade came by and did their perodic test (mind you this like 0200, 0300 on a four day weekend (if my memory right) so aint nobody in a rush to come over. Brigade staff duty pulls and and sees his azz hanging there
That was always a thought of a dude deploying back when we thought gear was coming back with us. Dude had to be stupid to try to steal equipment. Everyone would be fired Everything would stop until that gear was recovered.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
When you say the unit you mean “delta” and his ass ain’t have a phone to call someone
LOL you never been to Bragg and the Red Roof Inn ( what we called the D-boy compound) That shyt is in the middle of nowhere and guarded no one is getting anywhere near there. I've been past it several times and I never knew where it was. We only seen it on a jump.

Same thing with the Seal Base, You can see the regular SEAL team compound (kinda) but again the Seal Team Six compound is right on the water at Dam Neck I worked there and never saw it. Anything that secret you're not gonna see and no one is going to steal anything from them.

Daps
BLM??? You can openly be in something that poltical in SOF units where white bois are to the right of Hitler??? I was a support weenie but I never heard any Black dude tabbed or non tabbed say anything Pro Black. We did good if white boys didn't make a Selous Scouts or Rhodesian SAS reference. It didn't help that the web gear we used was called Rhodesian
it’s a private group but it’s just for black servicemembers in general but not SOF specific and i know what you mean especially when you see a dude talking with that black white dude voice :mjpls: it’s mad refreshing to meet a real breh because dudes will secretly not want you in the group due to them wanting to be the token

Son Goku

Daps
Again the culture is totally different, I mean some random might go fifty times and somebody might be a total slicksleever (In the Army you wear your deployment patch on the opposite sleeve of your unit patch, If you deployed with the unit that you served with they call that an sandwitch)

We had to take home unit patches off and put deployed unit ones on. :mjcry:

On the plus side, morale patch Fridays. :troll:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I don’t even know why we have cooks as a MOS

It was always civilians working in every chow hall I went to stateside & in Japan
In world war III it's gonna miltary people bringing you chow when the bullets are flying or if you're in the field. You never had extended field ops? I never had the cooks cook in the field except one time overseas and that was just because they happened to deploy the cooks. They set up a field kitchen but I never ate from one.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
it’s a private group but it’s just for black servicemembers in general but not SOF specific and i know what you mean especially when you see a dude talking with that black white dude voice :mjpls: it’s mad refreshing to meet a real breh because dudes will secretly not want you in the group due to them wanting to be the token
Yeah c00n spotting is a thing in the SOF world. When it's Black dudes the masks are supposed to come off, tabbed or non tabbed.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
We had to take home unit patches off and put deployed unit ones on. :mjcry:

On the plus side, morale patch Fridays. :troll:
in the duece we weren't allowed to wear morale patches. That was seen as trying to look like you were SF (since we were on Bragg that was a big no no) I remember some dudes got tasked out to work with an ODA and they came back with "recon shirts" (this was the old DCU's with the four pocket combat tops) they did like the SF dudes and took the bottom pockets that nobody used and put them on their sleeves. When they came back to Us they got yelled at. The ACU's were issued as soon as we redeployed with the pockets on the sleeves.

Son Goku

Daps
Yeah c00n spotting is a thing in the SOF world. When it's Black dudes the masks are supposed to come off, tabbed or non tabbed.

Sometimes it be ya own people.
full

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Getting ready to take that long walk :demonic:
If you said that in SF that meant you were trying out for selection for Delta Force. It was common enough that if you seen people rucking in the hills on they're own that meant they were trying out of that or That other unit or going to scuba school and didn't have access to a pool.