MILITARY STORIES

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Ranger school got you ?

Nah just ruffled the wrong feathers.
Summarized. release authority unfortunately
I never got the chance to go through the course with them.

Funny enough, I'm supposed to commission in June, Infantry, so I would end up at Ranger School anyway, life is funny like that right?Over the holiday break though, I've changed my mind. I wanna commission with the Marine Corps instead .

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
it’s exactly what you think it is :jawalrus: and it ain’t no damn pool
Are you joking or for real? I heard of dudes trying out actually one of the drill sgt's was trying out, because he was trying out we had to pass around a ruck filled with rocks because one of the privates asked why the Drill wasn't wearing a ruck on one of our road marches.

I think I knew three guy who tried and failed. All I know is you better know how to read a map and if you're in Maryland you went too far LOL I heard the hardest part is crossing a certain river and climbing a mountain filled with bramble bush.

Good Luck (If you're really trying out) I heard they give you a packet of suggested ruck times that you need to pass before you even consider showing up. Did you get that? Are going in summer or winter?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
you trying to drop a package?
Does he even know who the fukk to ask??? I mean Delta they occassionally drop an ad in Paraglide (Fort Bragg's newspaper) and I guess you could call HHC USASOC if you don't get the one near Smoke Bomb Hill You'll get the other number but it's listed in the Post Phone book, You'll sometimes hear about someone who works there who doesn't work at Smoke Bomb hill.

But asking about those guys??? There's really nothing You have to be asked to even try out. First of all you probably ain't gonna find them at Fort Belvior even thought that's where they're alledgely based but at the other Fort Belvior.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Gotta join first (leave in March for basic) and do my time. hoping i pass rasp first ( fitness is there in my opinion) but i don’t see why not you only live once and I’m not getting any younger. So i do my 4 and I’ll figure it out from there but if it’s open I’m def down just don’t know shyt about them other than what’s on their wiki page
You sound like a white dude in my basic training who said he wanted to be the CSM of Delta Force. I didn't know what that was but I laughed at him. Mainly because we weren't even in basic yet we where held in 30th AG processing in.

Homie never made it to basic, he didn't like to take showers (at least around men) and some of the dudes tried to throw him in. The PFC Chappie's assistant yelled at the dudes trying that. Someone later literally busted his face open. Niether made it to basic training.

What do I know maybe he is the CSM over there? @BadBoy if you make it to basic ask the Drill about joining the Mission Support activity. Before you finish basic you should have a Ranger or Airborne dude talk to you (if you graduate OSUT) ask that guy he'll tell you everything you need to know.

Mention it to the cadre once more (they like persistence) if you make it to Cole Range, They'll tell you how to drop your packet.

Make sure you ask the Ranger Cadre this on the first day A closed mouth don't get fed.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Nah just ruffled the wrong feathers.
Summarized. release authority unfortunately
I never got the chance to go through the course with them.

Funny enough, I'm supposed to commission in June, Infantry, so I would end up at Ranger School anyway, life is funny like that right?Over the holiday break though, I've changed my mind. I wanna commission with the Marine Corps instead .
If you can pick (which I'm surprised you could) I'd go the the Marines. If you got released unless it was something minor that would color your career. I'd assume that a fair amount of half assed sqaured away Infantry officers do sometime in the Rangers

I have no room to talk because I never did any formal selection process but I'd assume people would look at you funny.

How were you treated at Bragg?

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does the army have some kind of black mentor program or something I’m tryna find some black guys and gals in SOF to get some and insight on being black in special operations before i head out for basic and keep seem to find shyt i guess i gotta ask my best friend that’s in school for eod officer down in Florida

Not in the military, never served but all I can see is go for it breh and never look back.

Make it a singular devotion in your life

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a military person, but everyone of you brehs need to put in billets to the special operation forces in your respective branches.

Negroes should be running all of that.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
If you can pick (which I'm surprised you could) I'd go the the Marines. If you got released unless it was something minor that would color your career. I'd assume that a fair amount of half assed sqaured away Infantry officers do sometime in the Rangers

I have no room to talk because I never did any formal selection process but I'd assume people would look at you funny.

How were you treated at Bragg?

Nah, I meant I would still have to go to an selection board for the Marines, but it would look good for me since i was already recieving a commission. It wasn't nothing criminal, they just wanted me gone, i didnt wanna stay anyway. It didnt affect me as far as ROTC, but yeah, i imagine it could affect future postings maybe.

Man, you don't really get seen as special
There is already so many commands and different type units and personnel that its basically whatever.
Alotta guys that fail out of any specialized pipeline, especially one with ABN ties will pass thru bragg eventually

Daps
Are you joking or for real?
I’m dead serious with deployments coming up and my time on station I won’t get to go until in about two years but at this point I can’t go much higher in my career so I gotta atleast try for the last obstacle

Nah, I meant I would still have to go to an selection board for the Marines
We are hurting for black infantry officers but if you’re looking to get back to SOF you’ll have to do time in a regular infantry BN before you can drop a MARSOC package until you’re a captain which is usually like 3 years. Since you already have jump and SOF experience though you possibly could go through the Basic Reconnaissance Course directly after the Infantry Officer Course and do your 3 years before MARSOC there.

Gotta join first (leave in March for basic) and do my time. hoping i pass rasp first
When you’re in and settled ill send you the info

Jahbarri

Banned
Daps
Reppin
MONTREAL
We were in a shanty house and operatives were coming from everywhere .. about 3 of my comrades didn’t make it but I went our guns blazing 3 kill streak for the win

jumped out a sky into foreign lands with only. 3 special force units with enemy objectives all about heard a couple shots hit by me but we just camped for the most part
Until the end

Then I logged off the ps5 and came on the coli to type this. :mjgrin: