MILITARY STORIES

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does any one know if that guy from nyc who wanted to be an officer made it out alright i forget what his name is on here

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Which one is cooler to be around?

Officers or nco's

I shadow the officers at my unit, I get alot of leeway to make mistakes which is cool. Just seeing a bigger picture of the mission from a command standpoint. Most of my officers older than me and the environments are more professional so it feels more like mentorship.

Not saying I didn't as enlisted, it was just different expectations.

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
1141 “electrician”
Apparently the USMC picks your job for you based on your ASVAB scores..which my recruiter didn’t tell me.

I had to list the 3 fields I was interested in..I put
1) tanks
2) infantry
3) communications

and I was told my job would be from one of those fields, which ever the corps needed to fill first.

Last week of boot camp our senior DI has us in a circle & is telling us what our MOS is & where our MOS school will be. When he got to me and said electrician I literally hit the :dahell:

I told him I didn’t list that shyt & he said it didn’t matter & started laughing.

MOS school we learned how to wire houses & do real electrician shyt for like 2 weeks, but the other month & a half we learned how to work on generators :francis:

so whenever motherfukkers get deployed or go to the field, we’re the ones who gives camps electrical power. It was a pretty chill job
I did generators in the air force....I do gens on the civilian side now....it's just as chill and I don't work nearly as hard as what they pay me..I get 30+/hr to do oil changes and not electrocute myself lol

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Which one is cooler to be around?

Officers or nco's

NCOs by far

although in the USMC, they give a lot of responsibility to the NCOs & they’re just jr enlisted, so most of the time they’re your homies. I can’t speak for the other branches

I did generators in the air force....I do gens on the civilian side now....it's just as chill and I don't work nearly as hard as what they pay me..I get 30+/hr to do oil changes and not electrocute myself lol

I tried looking for a job working on gennys when I got out, but they were at companies with all white workers. I wasn’t trying to do that.

now I teach :skip:

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
NCOs by far

although in the USMC, they give a lot of responsibility to the NCOs & they’re just jr enlisted, so most of the time they’re your homies. I can’t speak for the other branches

I tried looking for a job working on gennys when I got out, but they were at companies with all white workers. I wasn’t trying to do that.

now I teach :skip:
Lol I feel that I'm def the only black dude at the job.. No different than the military just punch the clock to do my job then go home

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
One of my boys is in a different branch than me and he always telling me he gotta ask his nco, first. But his nco is dumb as rocks. Tried talking him into buying a challenger to have a ride to take for his leave during standdown. I told him nah, just buy a 3-5k vehicle cash, get a credit card and build credit. Later on when you are more mature, buy the actual vehicle you want since you'll have more money to finance it. Rather than being stuck with a 40k loan. A year later he is thanking me because his friends are broke asking for money and living check to check.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
One of my boys is in a different branch than me and he always telling me he gotta ask his nco, first. But his nco is dumb as rocks. Tried talking him into buying a challenger to have a ride to take for his leave during standdown. I told him nah, just buy a 3-5k vehicle cash, get a credit card and build credit. Later on when you are more mature, buy the actual vehicle you want since you'll have more money to finance it. Rather than being stuck with a 40k loan. A year later he is thanking me because his friends are broke asking for money and living check to check.

I'm not finna put that on the NCO; most folks have no idea how to buy or finance a car. When I was new I remember going to the lot with an NCO and another greenie cause the NCO didn't know shyt about cars.
:beli:

Funny though, we were low-key tryna talk new E-3 breh out of buying a 392 a few months ago. :russ: No trade, only enough down to cover taxes, under 25, you knew where that was going.

Ran some quick numbers (I'm real good at math :mjgrin:) and breh hit the :picard::merchant:. Ended up getting a Honda for half the price a bit later.

That new whip outside the dorm thing is doable, especially if you're a homebody, but most cats that age wanna go out and do stuff, and at that pay grade it'd be one or the other. :francis:

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
power pro :ehh::gladbron:

Thats my job right now breh. Tell me about how it is on the outside.

you take the cummins course? Where you at now?

anything you recommend me doing before i get out?

You still gotta do as much paperwork n shyt?:patrice:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You heard cap then. :duck:

My hopsicle clears more pax out the door than UPS and FedEx. I be seeing where them cats go and for how long.

Only aircrew goes out for less than 6 mos. as a rule. SOF guys come and go as they please. :yeshrug:
SOF has deployment scedules but I get what you mean.

The Air force is so different from the Army that even though I was based next door to one for most of my career I know almost nothing about them.

I heard that y'all deploy individually meaning a flight or a squadron or whatever will have to send individuals for missions down range. It's not like the Army what deploys in Brigade (5000 folks) Division (15K) or Corps (40K) not everyone goes but most do. The people who stay behind have a good reason not to go and are the rear detachment who handles admin shyt in the rear and they still might go to replace dead or sick personnel.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
they ordered us some through supply because someone put a bounty on the line medics and people wearing aid bags were getting shot smh. I just made a CLS guy wear my bag instead lol.
So that's why they didn't wear a medpack. Only SF medics carried a med pack and even that was usually stowed on the truck that I had to babysit.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yup you was running retrans.being in a sniper team being so far out we’d also have our 150 for long haul HF back to higher along with VHF and SAT be a SEAL team and not bring multiple ways to communicate frogbrehs :lolbron:
Yup that was me. I know there's huge difference between a SEAL and a non SEAL but that's where they fukk up. They don't have back up support guys like the Army and the Marines do. The Marine has radio recon guys who can help in a pinch. The Army has me The Seals had their one commo guy.

The movie was slight cap they're comms was fukked up and they got ambushed by the Afghans and that was it. I guess the other shyt really happened. If that was my ODA I'd be already on the mountain trying to get comms up. I know they didn't want to seem p*ssy but when they missed the 3rd window they should've just started walking home, and the Back ups should've already been spun up looking for them, Missing three windows is mission failure in real life.