MILITARY STORIES

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I’m not sure about the potential E-9 experience there, but Lewis can be deceptively miserable lol. All the trouble that happened before made big army decided to put 7th ID HQ over a bunch of random 2ID brigades. They try to go above and beyond to appear high speed and disciplined, but they just aren’t that kind of unit and the fukkery is impossible to contain. It’s a cool area with lots of concessions and cool people.

The constantly trying to do everything by the book and forced motivation seems to burn everybody out and create more disciplinary/drug problems.

Leadership suffers because they were always having to come in on off days to answer for our random, inconceivable fukk ups.

Again, the area is nice though.
Yeah I mean 2ID not 25th. The stryker boys. I spent my entire career Airborne so even though there was massive fukkery at the 82nd even serving in the 173rd seemed like a fate worse than death (at least in my biased mind) once you see life over the fence (and knowing it's not as hard as people think) and know the massive information out there about SOF piplelines there's no way I'd go back to big Army I would've gotten a ranger Tab or even a long tab just to stay with them.

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I mean 2ID not 25th. The stryker boys. I spent my entire career Airborne so even though there was massive fukkery at the 82nd even serving in the 173rd seemed like a fate worse than death (at least in my biased mind) once you see life over the fence (and knowing it's not as hard as people think) and know the massive information out there about SOF piplelines there's no way I'd go back to big Army I would've gotten a ranger Tab or even a long tab just to stay with them.

I feel you. I was one of the few that kind of liked my personal experience at ft. Campbell, even had some good times at Irwin. somehow it was lewis that made me say fukk ALL this shyt lmao.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I feel you. I was one of the few that kind of liked my personal experience at ft. Campbell, even had some good times at Irwin. somehow it was lewis that made me say fukk ALL this shyt lmao.
The miltary does kind of brainwashes you because I never met anyone who went from Bragg to Campbell ( I did meet one cook who came from Campbell) Even though I was air assualt qualified I never wanted to be a dope on a rope. I never really did many sling load ops anyway, Everyone laughed at me. It was like having the Pathfinder (badgefinder) Unless you were a 1SG or higher having a triple stack made you look like a fool.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Apparently Big Navy has been cutting down or outright removing the reenlistment bonuses for engineering rates unless they have one of three NECs/schools that are all brand new apparently. :mjlol: :russ: :deadmanny:

Thats how you'll keep young sailors who are already dipping in morale and workmates due to the extreme demands ship commands put on them, by taking away their money. Dudes were already getting out quick as shyt after their 1st term. :snoop:

Thankfully I got mine done before the bullshyt came in and racked up good :whew:

Also I have one of the more difficult NECs to get (02N2 Technician, almost as high drop rate as nukes) and that isn't one of the 3 schools you need to be eligible for the SRB. :dead:

Superstar
Daps
The miltary does kind of brainwashes you because I never met anyone who went from Bragg to Campbell ( I did meet one cook who came from Campbell) Even though I was air assualt qualified I never wanted to be a dope on a rope. I never really did many sling load ops anyway, Everyone laughed at me. It was like having the Pathfinder (badgefinder) Unless you were a 1SG or higher having a triple stack made you look like a fool.

I lost a bet for Air Assault school lol. I got to Campbell as a SPC, less than 2 months before deployment. I told them during the deployment that I would be getting out of the Army as an E-4 without my wings lol. Let’s just say I made the mistake of re-up’ing and ended up stuck there with my 5, Air assault wings, and my orders killed for M6 school smh.
:mjlol:

I initially didn’t want to do airborne because I was scared of heights (still am). I only went to Air Assault school because Battalion was about to green light me for additional duty BS. Every time I thought about quitting or not wanting to fast rope out the birds I thought about how badly they were smoking the shyt out of the guys from my brigade, who quit or failed, until the next class date lmao. By that time I actually became interested in Airborne school and regret turning down pathfinder school. By the time I started the pre-ranger selection stuff at Lewis I was about to start getting med boarded. In the end, I was happy with my little double stack (Combat medical badge, AASLT).

When I had to look at my requisitions, to leave Irwin, my only choices were Bragg or Campbell. I looked at my NCO’s from both. All the ones that were by the book dikks were from the 82nd. All the cool ones that believed that you could get in a little trouble as long as you did your job came from the 101st. Under Col. Luong 3/101 was allowed to have fun, be reckless, and mean AF but we were also really on point with our shyt. If I remember correctly our brigade TF (though we were scattered out and undermanned) had the highest kill count in Afghanistan all 2010. The only part that sucked was how everybody else got to have whole BCT’s covering a province. 3/101 was so broken up and scattered we only had battalions covering whole provinces across the East (Khost, Logar, Paktya, Paktika, a battery in Helmand and later a battalion in Kandahar to help 2/101 out.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I lost a bet for Air Assault school lol. I got to Campbell as a SPC, less than 2 months before deployment. I told them during the deployment that I would be getting out of the Army as an E-4 without my wings lol. Let’s just say I made the mistake of re-up’ing and ended up stuck there with my 5, Air assault wings, and my orders killed for M6 school smh.
:mjlol:

I initially didn’t want to do airborne because I was scared of heights (still am). I only went to Air Assault school because Battalion was about to green light me for additional duty BS. Every time I thought about quitting or not wanting to fast rope out the birds I thought about how badly they were smoking the shyt out of the guys from my brigade, who quit or failed, until the next class date lmao. By that time I actually became interested in Airborne school and regret turning down pathfinder school. By the time I started the pre-ranger selection stuff at Lewis I was about to start getting med boarded. In the end, I was happy with my little double stack (Combat medical badge, AASLT).

When I had to look at my requisitions, to leave Irwin, my only choices were Bragg or Campbell. I looked at my NCO’s from both. All the ones that were by the book dikks were from the 82nd. All the cool ones that believed that you could get in a little trouble as long as you did your job came from the the 101. Under Col. Luong 3/101 was allowed to have fun, be reckless, and mean AF but we were also really on point with our shyt. If I remember correctly our brigade TF (though we were scattered out and undermanned) had the highest kill count in Afghanistan all 2010. The only part that sucked was how everybody else got to have whole BCT’s covering a province. 3/101 was so broken up and scattered we only had battalions covering whole provinces across the East (Khost, Logar, Paktya, Paktika, a battery in Helmand and later a battalion in Kandahar to help 2/101 out.

the 101st deployed wiredly I met random females that had three deployments with less than 6 years in. I worked with some Infantry dudes from 1-327 (I think those are the cats with the Hearts) and I worked a little with the spades (forgot who they were) anyway in the duece if you were with the 504boyz you were good 1-325 were dikks because that was McCrystals old unit and they got attached to JSOC for a minute so their standards were a little higher. But since I was commo and technically assigned to the 82 signal it was different than being assigned to an infantry company so unless I was needed I wasn't there.

Technically I don't know why I was tripping I wasn't a charlie (a Infantry guy who carried a manpack radio) I was technically a TOC pogue but if they needed extra support or didn't have a radio guy or needed one trained It was considered an "honor" to ruck up and run with the Infantry. I will say I did a village hit in Iraq with A co 1-327 and they actually ran through this big ass village. I never seen anyone do a hit like that. I've seen that footage of Delta Force but even SF didn't move that fast unless they were hitting a specific house. I never actually did a hit with a ODA I always was told to hang back with the truck.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Y'all Army boys wild. :gladbron: I'm the color of a field kneegrow but I swear I'm descended from some house ones. :pachaha:

As much as I told myself I wanted to be in the field, I know deep down I'd much rather be inside with the A/C on. :hubie:

Nikkas in here kicking down doors on deployment; we were getting pools reopened and going on day trips. :whew:

Superstar
Daps
Y'all Army boys wild. :gladbron: I'm the color of a field kneegrow but I swear I'm descended from some house ones. :pachaha:

As much as I told myself I wanted to be in the field, I know deep down I'd much rather be inside with the A/C on. :hubie:

Nikkas in here kicking down doors on deployment; we were getting pools reopened and going on day trips. :whew:

I was terrified of leaving the wire but, after the first couple of weeks we stepped out damn near ever day. There was some horrible experiences out there but I used to love seeing new places or checking up on people we saw before. I was a little bitter when a support company moved in with us and did nothing, but I loved the feeling of the unknown when we did those comms and weapons checks at the gate. When I got promoted I ended up doing more admin stuff than medical and I was miserable. I hate being cooped up in an office for long but that’s where all the baddies are so I get the appeal lol.

NQzDtTi.jpg

Last edited:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I was working with an army guy recently, dude has the typical sob story. Dude was deployed in Irak and while on deployment his Bm stopped communicating with him he had someone from his home unit go check on her and the house.When they showed up the house was a mess, she had multiple animals there pissing and shytting in the house, his daughter hadn’t been to school in a few weeks and she was almost taken and put in foster care. Dude got permission to come back because otherwise his daughter would’ve been in the system :francis:

Superstar
Daps

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
@987654321, yeah no, I'm good.
It was cats outside pulling work details all day in 100+ degree heat. :mjgrin: I was supposed to be one of em.
It'd be black flag before they stopped serving morning chow. :mjlol:

Nikkas was mad I wasn't working outside with them, but I'm getting paid the same, have better working conditions, and was cool with the higher-ups. :usure: I got AFN, internet, A/C, and a full fridge and big-ass freezer. :umad:

I'd be on some
6e098841b4924a9e105f8a87c40c3254.gif

shyt while they marched off to work in the field (literally).

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I was terrified of leaving the wire but, after the first couple of weeks we stepped out damn near ever day. There was some horrible experiences out there but I used to love seeing new places or checking up on people we saw before. I was a little bitter when a support company moved in with us and did nothing, but I loved the feeling of the unknown when we did those comms and weapons checks at the gate. When I got promoted I ended up doing more admin stuff than medical and I was miserable. I hate being cooped up in an office for long but that’s where all the baddies are so I get the appeal lol.

aWDAnzd.jpg

2A36aMf.jpg

NQzDtTi.jpg

Large up to the goat trails in Afghanistan.

I wouldn't post my face on here. I see you wore that leg med pack that a lot of convential medics wore around the 06-07 time frame. Time is flying That was 14 years ago.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think I mentioned before where a former NCO, from my first HHT medical platoon, got his ugly wench ass mistress to stab his wife to death out there in Hawaii. They both locked for a while. His wife was kinda cool too, but he was one of the most unlikeable people I’d ever met I wasn’t surprised when they said he was behind it.

army-medic-murder-michael-walker.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...tress-forgave-her-moments-before-killing/amp/
Wow he's doing the "long course" at Leavenworth now I guess

Superstar
Daps
Large up to the goat trails in Afghanistan.

I wouldn't post my face on here. I see you wore that leg med pack that a lot of convential medics wore around the 06-07 time frame. Time is flying That was 14 years ago.

they ordered us some through supply because someone put a bounty on the line medics and people wearing aid bags were getting shot smh. I just made a CLS guy wear my bag instead lol.