MILITARY STORIES

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
That was my favorite part of being a line medic in infantry, armored Calvary, and artillery lmao. If I was with my line platoon they just told me I could go home unless we were training, if I was back visiting the medical platoon at HHC/HHT/HHB they’d tell me the same lmao. Even when I was a scout we’d sit around all day, talk shyt, play in our phones, watch movies, or hide in the barracks lol.
Don't tell nikkas the truth about the so called "hard" Infantry. in the 82nd it was the same thing if they weren't in the field it was "maintenance" cleaning weapons or payday activites. There was some kind of Class A ceremony at least once a month outside a deployment window.

Don't be a "shytbag" and get detailed to HQ or some duty like Gym detail or Funeral detail or barrack maintenance.

Even when I went to Group (SF as an attachment) there was some downtime in the team rooms.

Try to get a cake job in the military and work way harder than combat arms brehs

Daps
Don't tell nikkas the truth about the so called "hard" Infantry. in the 82nd it was the same thing if they weren't in the field it was "maintenance" cleaning weapons or payday activites. There was some kind of Class A ceremony at least once a month outside a deployment window.

Don't be a "shytbag" and get detailed to HQ or some duty like Gym detail or Funeral detail or barrack maintenance.

Even when I went to Group (SF as an attachment) there was some downtime in the team rooms.

Try to get a cake job in the military and work way harder than combat arms brehs
:russ: we be in the team room watching undisputed I actually barely “work” at all when I think about it

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
yal bold as hell for trying female DSs at anything lower than E5

they step on junior enlisted for fun
In My case I was off duty in PT's and shorty was in civilians. Never stupid enough to try to holla at a female DS that being said not being around women for months will do something to you. I remember there was a female E-4 Black panamanian chick who did something admistrative. One time she passed by the platoon when the drills were away and she got a whistle.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I’m a JTAC

That seems like a cool ass job. I watch that dude Funkly Bunkley and he has time to do a Youtube while being active duty. not to mention the whole putting warheads on foreheads thing. Calling in Fires looks fun as hell.

How accepted are you in the team room? As a JTAC you're way more part of the team than a non tabbed Commo guy is. My actual team room experience is limited to hanging out during predeployment work ups and some training events and extra hands on some details.

Daps
How accepted are you in the team room? As a JTAC you're way more part of the team than a non tabbed Commo guy is. My actual team room experience is limited to hanging out during predeployment work ups and some training events and extra hands on some details.
i don’t get treated differently at all besides the initial :ohhh: when people see a breh in this line of work, I deployed with a lot of the guys before and I train to the same standard as an assaulter.
Once i knocked out some of the advance schools and showed I could hold my own people left me alone I’m actually trying to go down to Ranger to get my tab just to say I did it.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
i don’t get treated differently at all besides the initial :ohhh: when people see a breh in this line of work, I deployed with a lot of the guys before and I train to the same standard as an assaulter.
Once i knocked out some of the advance schools and showed I could hold my own people left me alone I’m actually trying to go down to Ranger to get my tab just to say I did it.
Yeah the short tab gets you a lot of respect. I was told I needed to get mine especially if I wanted to stick around.

Tabs open a lot of doors and you need one to roll with the rangers in any capacity.

Superstar
Daps
LOL I'm medically retired. But If I was still in (I'd be a E-9) I'd probably go to Ranger school than to go back to the 82nd or worse yet 25 ID at Fort Lewis where a lot of dudes went to from my old battalion.

I’m not sure about the potential E-9 experience there, but Lewis can be deceptively miserable lol. All the trouble that happened before made big army decided to put 7th ID HQ over a bunch of random 2ID brigades. They try to go above and beyond to appear high speed and disciplined, but they just aren’t that kind of unit and the fukkery is impossible to contain. It’s a cool area with lots of concessions and cool people.

The constantly trying to do everything by the book and forced motivation seems to burn everybody out and create more disciplinary/drug problems.

Leadership suffers because they were always having to come in on off days to answer for our random, inconceivable fukk ups.

Again, the area is nice though.