MILITARY STORIES

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I had a dream last night that I had to go back to USMC boot camp :hhh:

I was excited cause I knew what to expect & Boot Camp low key was probably the best time you have in the military.

then I started to think fukk that shyt :pachaha:

shyt felt like a nightmare
you ever had a dream you were half-sleeping on staff duty, guard, or in an arms room?

wake up tired as fukk :mjcry:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
nah

but I dozed off a few times while I had duty in the barracks one time. That 24 hour shyt is outdated as hell. It has to be a better way of doing duty

Why didn't you just sleep? As long as you're a light sleeper you're good. I've half slept while pulling security in sector. Someone came up on my side and I noticed him.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Why didn't you just sleep? As long as you're a light sleeper you're good. I've half slept while pulling security in sector. Someone came up on my side and I noticed him.

cause the COs & other higher ups liked to randomly pop up at the weirdest times.

it’ll be 3:17 am and you think you can get a quick nap in till you see that shiny shyt walk through the door, then you gotta stand and salute him & give the duty creed :hhh:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
cause the COs & other higher ups liked to randomly pop up at the weirdest times.

it’ll be 3:17 am and you think you can get a quick nap in till you see that shiny shyt walk through the door, then you gotta stand and salute him & give the duty creed :hhh:
You never learned how to wake up at the drop of the hat? I learned that in Basic. I was nearest the drill SGT's door and got the platoon smoked all the time. Till the cool drill told me you have to look at it like you're pulling guard duty in a war zone. After that you could turn on the lights and I'd immediately get up. You nodding off in a chair on CQ duty how can they tell for sure? What are they gonna do smoke you?
I worked in TOC's everyone sleeps when the bosses dissappear in the back they're racking out. You just have to be able to get up when someone walks in a room.

Now if you're laid off and snoring then the answer is more CQ duty every weekend with random pop ups until you learn how to hop to.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You never learned how to wake up at the drop of the hat? I learned that in Basic. I was nearest the drill SGT's door and got the platoon smoked all the time. Till the cool drill told me you have to look at it like you're pulling guard duty in a war zone. After that you could turn on the lights and I'd immediately get up. You nodding off in a chair on CQ duty how can they tell for sure? What are they gonna do smoke you?
I worked in TOC's everyone sleeps when the bosses dissappear in the back they're racking out. You just have to be able to get up when someone walks in a room.

Now if you're laid off and snoring then the answer is more CQ duty every weekend with random pop ups until you learn how to hop to.
and now i can't turn it off :mjcry:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is story about my brother:
we will call him J for the purpose of this story

J enlisted in the Marines during the height of Iraq War. I want to say this was around the summer 03. J went off to basic and did his thing.
Fast forward a few months I guess bro was on leave when he came to visit our family. Well this part gets hazy because I don’t remember J going back to his duty station. I think he outright told us he wasn’t going back to his duty station.
Keep in mind I didn’t know what AWOL was at this time
Our family end up moving out of state, but J decides to stay in the same state to be with his girl at the time.
I kept in contact with J via text and phone calls, but would not see him physically till the summer of 2016.

to be continued......

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part 2
The summer of 2016
J decided to move in with me. I was living in Fort Worth during this
Keep in mind I haven’t seen this man in 13 years, so I was taken aback by his physical appearance.
J was balding and overweight. This was a man in early 30s. I know people age but damn life was hitting bro hard.
One day I went in his room, and there were empty liquor bottles and pills scrolled all over his room.
He couldn’t keep a job. He would work a job and quit two weeks later. This was his routine throughout the summer.
He would get his paycheck and go out and buy coke. Drunk and high was his routine.
One day we went out to breakfast, and he told me his whole basic camp story.
He basically told me he failed all the physical activities, but the drill Sargent would pass him anyway.
He talked back to the drill Sargent, and he got his a$$ beat. Not once, but twice. Bloody nose and all.
He told me he felt like a fugitive all these years going AWOL. He was afraid to apply for a job, or file his taxes.
Point of the story: everyone is not cut out for military life they should have failed him at basic training