MILITARY STORIES

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Got my papers today brehs. Filling them out tomorrow.

I'm sitting here researching Canada/US enemies and current conflicts, watching training videos.

How do you guys deal with anxiety?
Any stories about new recruits?
Read books. Learn to enjoy your workouts and drink water.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Any stories about new recruits?

Basic. A two man laundry detail was formed up and an officer approaching from the opposite direction walks by. Dude on the left has both hands full, dude on the right has both hands empty. Right Recruit, instead of saluting for the both of them and keeping it moving, decides to salute with his right hand and salute for his wingman with his left as well. Unfortunately for Right Recruit, he just happens to do this in front of a bunch of MTIs forming their flights up to enter the chow hall, go places, etc. Hilarity ensues.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You joining the US or Canadian military?

What job are you going for?

Canadian Armed Forces. Infantry Reserves.

My favorite show is Archer so I'm here dreaming about Intelligence and being a spy. I need school though, I miss it.

Read books. Learn to enjoy your workouts and drink water.

I've been reading more to cut down on screen time. There's a book on Fear written by a soldier or maybe Navy Seal I've been meaning to check out. I'm enjoying the workouts, what's the point in joining if I can't do that.

I've been watching videos of Armed forces in Afghanistan but they said nothing can prepare you for the front lines.

Its blowing my mind how chill people are or how much fun you have but I think that's the point: enjoy life, stop worrying.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Canadian Armed Forces. Infantry Reserves.

My favorite show is Archer so I'm here dreaming about Intelligence and being a spy. I need school though, I miss it.

I've been reading more to cut down on screen time. There's a book on Fear written by a soldier or maybe Navy Seal I've been meaning to check out. I'm enjoying the workouts, what's the point in joining if I can't do that.

I've been watching videos of Armed forces in Afghanistan but they said nothing can prepare you for the front lines.

Its blowing my mind how chill people are or how much fun you have but I think that's the point: enjoy life, stop worrying.
bruh tbh fukk all that :mjlol: get comfortable with yourself NOW before you let all that shyt start to dictate your life

you don't want to be figuring out what makes you happy, motivates you, keeps you healthy, etc after however many years in a high paced game that burns the best of people out...

understand how to find your peace. you're gonna need to learn how to do it with the absolute minimum at times. start thinking on it now is all i can say if you're walking that road

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
bruh tbh fukk all that :mjlol: get comfortable with yourself NOW before you let all that shyt start to dictate your life

you don't want to be figuring out what makes you happy, motivates you, keeps you healthy, etc after however many years in a high paced game that burns the best of people out...

understand how to find your peace. you're gonna need to learn how to do it with the absolute minimum at times. start thinking on it now is all i can say if you're walking that road

Yeah honestly this is all throwing me for a loop.

I started saying I wanted to tattoo.

I need more school. Idk if I want to tattoo anymore, or if its family influence making me think that.

I need money. Reserves pays.

I'm joining just to pay for school and get my Adult starter kit. (10k+, some credentials, discipline, etc)

But your right, idk what I'm doing with my life. I'm 29 going on 30 next year. I think I'm a just piecing myself together. I'm just using reserves to man up tbh.

Have a midlife crisis brehs :unimpressed:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah honestly this is all throwing me for a loop.

I started saying I wanted to tattoo.

I need more school. Idk if I want to tattoo anymore, or if its family influence making me think that.

I need money. Reserves pays.

I'm joining just to pay for school and get my Adult starter kit. (10k+, some credentials, discipline, etc)

But your right, idk what I'm doing with my life. I'm 29 going on 30 next year. I think I'm a just piecing myself together. I'm just using reserves to man up tbh.
if you're going reserves of all things, the only thing i'd say to focus on is just not being a fukk up :mjlol: its easy to stand out in a reserve unit and all that requires is showing up, being available, and knowing how to recognize good career opportunities when they are. at your age there is *nothing* in the SF community for you except fukked up knees and anxiety

i'll be straight up. you know what made me stop with all that shyt? being cold and wet at the same time. really, really cold. for a very long time.... i could do all the other crazy shyt. march forever, jump off of stupid shyt. be an amazing shot, run a team or follow. but cold/wet/hungry - no.

its not for everybody. its not fun. and the reward isn't anything other than saying you did it. give yourself some goals that will ALWAYS help yourself and stay focused on them despite everything else these a$$holes say. learn to play the game, find ways to center yourself amongst whatever stresses life will throw at you, and remember any bullshyt that *you don't create for yourself* is temporary.

you'll be aite

just fukk all that sf shyt :francis:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
if you're going reserves of all things, the only thing i'd say to focus on is just not being a fukk up :mjlol: its easy to stand out in a reserve unit and all that requires is showing up, being available, and knowing how to recognize good career opportunities when they are. at your age there is *nothing* in the SF community for you except fukked up knees and anxiety

i'll be straight up. you know what made me stop with all that shyt? being cold and wet at the same time. really, really cold. for a very long time.... i could do all the other crazy shyt. march forever, jump off of stupid shyt. be an amazing shot, run a team or follow. but cold/wet/hungry - no.

its not for everybody. its not fun. and the reward isn't anything other than saying you did it. give yourself some goals that will ALWAYS help yourself and stay focused on them despite everything else these a$$holes say. learn to play the game, find ways to center yourself amongst whatever stresses life will throw at you, and remember any bullshyt that *you don't create for yourself* is temporary.

you'll be aite

Lmfao. I quit a job cause I was cold and wet one night. So i know what you mean.

Yeah I want the experience to change me and pay me that's all really.

I'll keep on track with using this to pay for school. We'll see if I want to tattoo again once I have some money in the bank.

Appreciate the advice :salute:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Lmfao. I quit a job cause I was cold and wet one night. So i know what you mean.

I'll keep on track with using this to pay for school. We'll see if I want to tattoo again once I have some money in the bank.

trust me you do not :francis:

but i wish you the best, just keep yourself aligned and remember you're in the game for you:salute: get your money

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

you'll be aite

Two times on the wet cold and hungry bullshyt. That started for me right before we actually started real basic Training For some reason they left us out in cold for hours in formation before we boarded the buses.

I went to basic during winter so our first night in bivoac we slept the the hasty fighting postions with a poncho liner over us. We had the rwo man shelter half but the Colonel nixed it saying we wouldn't use it in Aghanistan (he was right I never used it in my military career) When I woke up for stand to I saw it freezing rained on us.

I was pissed. I became a coffee addict after being in the field and the Platoon SGT checking on us with a thermos full of coffee and didn't offer us any.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

I never quit a job before but I was surprised when I was ordered to literally lie down in a fighting position during a rain storm. You'll get used to it. It's not a big deal.

But being a fulltime Airborne Infantryman will be something quite different than even you're Reserve Infantry experience.

But you can get used to even that.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Two times on the wet cold and hungry bullshyt. That started for me right before we actually started real basic Training For some reason they left us out in cold for hours in formation before we boarded the buses.

I went to basic during winter so our first night in bivoac we slept the the hasty fighting postions with a poncho liner over us. We had the rwo man shelter half but the Colonel nixed it saying we wouldn't use it in Aghanistan (he was right I never used it in my military career) When I woke up for stand to I saw it freezing rained on us.

I was pissed. I became a coffee addict after being in the field and the Platoon SGT checking on us with a thermos full of coffee and didn't offer us any.

Had a cous tell me a story how they were in the field with some Army dudes (he AF).

He said the AF dudes got put up in a hotel and was eating surf and turf, while the Army guys was in tents eating UGRs.
:lolbron:

Them Army dudes was salty to say the least. :umad:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

a few weeks of that shyt hits different...

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@All-Black the Necroverse

1. Are there any movies or television shows that accurately depict what basic training is like in the air force and or navy?

2. I have a stationary exercise bike I am using in my room to get in shape. How many minutes and how many days a week do I need to use it to be ready for basic training? I want to be the best conditioned person coming into air force basic training?

3. How do you graduate as an honor graduate from air force basic training?
To be honest, PT in basic felt like HS football practice.

If you think about it, chances are you had guys form your school go D1, and you held you own in the workouts against them. That was my mindset going in. They’re not asking you to be a hero, just in shape

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Had a cous tell me a story how they were in the field with some Army dudes (he AF).

He said the AF dudes got put up in a hotel and was eating surf and turf, while the Army guys was in tents eating UGRs.
:lolbron:

Them Army dudes was salty to say the least. :umad:

That's disgusting the difference in treatment. Again in a real war situation that E-2 Airman will be in for a rude awakening if he shows up on a firebase.