MILITARY STORIES

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That happenend to me in Afghanistan. A CECOM civilian showed up to help fix our raddedy ass equipment. @ 1700 he left. My Squad leader looked at him like he was crazy. I said Sarn't you can't tell that man what to do he's a civilian

Frankly I don't see at the solider level what contractors brought to the battlefield other than setting up shyt. They just lowered moreale And the goddamn KBR gate guards, and gas jockeys were just a scam, When you let the FOB they had to sign you out but the mission was planned and checked by the Unit and there were Army gate guards there as well.
if yal didn't get good contractors yal's mission wasn't worth it. which is just fukked up from the top and the bottom tbh....

there's things that only green suiters can do and things that no one else but green suiters will do. many times its simply more convenient to have a contractor fukk up than dealing with the repercussions of a service member dropping the ball and being on the news.
Again the purpose of watfare has never been total anililation it's always been subjectgation. Hilter nore the Japanese ever used gas. When has a political or military unit ever said I want to create a wasteland where nothing will ever live.

Look at @Dave24 he's an extreme example but I never heard one person in this thread serving or retired say I did it for God & Country People sign up for adventure or to get paid!!!! On the other side of that hill behind the enemy soliders is cities full of bytches, there's money and resources like OIL You think an invading army wants that destroyed? You think that a solider would press a button to kill shytloads of civilians?

You're right one Boomer sub could destory a whole city easily in one strike. A single Carrier could devastate a whole countries Air force with the birds on the deck.

I mean damn how could you be in the army an see that's it's not a giant self licking ice cream cone? The military exists to pay the military industrial complex. We don't need the 82nd ready brigade to do another Normandy we have MEU's on boats in every hot spot right now. But if we didn't have an 82nd there wouldn't be a Fayetteville and that's just one no horse ass military town that's a city solely because a miltary base is there.

I mean if you were a republican you should be agianst military spending because the military is already large and powerful enough to fight the Russians and the Chinese with just the force already deployed against them, The reason for all those troops in CONUS is to spend tax dollars.
i'm saying what i'm saying because its a fact that the vast majority of the service doesn't understand where they actually stand

think about it - in all your establish a fighting position, dig a hole, man the gate training, pubs, and doctrine they never harp on how to disengage from armor, air, or naval bombardment. you're not prepared to fight to shyt worth fighting. you play war games and sometimes you stumble into a fight that you've won strategically years ago but tactically your element or the next will win within a schedule on attrition and logistical power IF winning was even the goal in the first place. that's not military industrial complex stuff. i'm talking about how the culture below brigade level really has people thinking that what they do for the military as a whole matters.

and again, i'm not even talking about the nukes or warcrime level stuff.

and yeah, scorched earth is still a thing. whether its minefields or destroyed farmlands. the japanese gassed people. hitler may not have used it - but he didn't really need to because he was steamrolling the allies. he needed oil and lubricants for tanks and ships more than he needed gas for trenches. i could go on about a lot of stuff but the problem i got is when people start acting like they ain't replaceable or what they do doesn't have a *specific* dollar sign/man-hour value attached to it that's been scrutinized for years or decades. that's got nothing to do with the m.i.c., but how guys put value into what they do for the DoD and its just not sensible.

and yes, people will kill shytloads of civilians on the regular in a conventional war because taking the public's will to fight removes the legs and support away from every standing army ever created. americans really forgot how this shyt goes...

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yeah...AF doesn't do any of that in basic. Anyone on a profile that precludes them from testing can't graduate basic, and all the broken dudes get their training suspended at med hold.

The trainees aren't eating Burger King, or any of that stuff until the week of graduation essentially anyways.

@Dave24 wouldn't be able to grab a profile, breeze through PT and still graduate on time. That's even more time away from the bike and even longer without running. :usure:

We just tryna see if ole buddy can make the team. Once he's on the active roster, that's on him. :hubie:

No I'm talking about when he gradautes and is sent to a squadron. Nobody is gonna be around him all the time telling hm to put the fatty cakes down.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
if yal didn't get good contractors yal's mission wasn't worth it. which is just fukked up from the top and the bottom tbh....

there's things that only green suiters can do and things that no one else but green suiters will do. many times its simply more convenient to have a contractor fukk up than dealing with the repercussions of a service member dropping the ball and being on the news.

i'm saying what i'm saying because its a fact that the vast majority of the service doesn't understand where they actually stand

think about it - in all your establish a fighting position, dig a hole, man the gate training, pubs, and doctrine they never harp on how to disengage from armor, air, or naval bombardment. you're not prepared to fight to shyt worth fighting. you play war games and sometimes you stumble into a fight that you've won strategically years ago but tactically your element or the next will win within a schedule on attrition and logistical power IF winning was even the goal in the first place. that's not military industrial complex stuff. i'm talking about how the culture below brigade level really has people thinking that what they do for the military as a whole matters.

and again, i'm not even talking about the nukes or warcrime level stuff.

and yeah, scorched earth is still a thing. whether its minefields or destroyed farmlands. the japanese gassed people. hitler may not have used it - but he didn't really need to because he was steamrolling the allies. he needed oil and lubricants for tanks and ships more than he needed gas for trenches. i could go on about a lot of stuff but the problem i got is when people start acting like they ain't replaceable or what they do doesn't have a *specific* dollar sign/man-hour value attached to it that's been scrutinized for years or decades. that's got nothing to do with the m.i.c., but how guys put value into what they do for the DoD and its just not sensible.

and yes, people will kill shytloads of civilians on the regular in a conventional war because taking the public's will to fight takes the legs and support away from every standing army ever created. americans really forgot how this shyt goes...
Don't make me put on my conspiracy cap.

George Orwell already told you in 1948 in 1984 That Airstrip One or Orania fought wars they didn't even want to win just to keep people mad at the "enemy" while the government was shytting on the people. Sure no one cares about the individual warfighter what you want individually is beaten out of you in Basic Training when they tell you the smartest thing to do when being ambushed is to charge.

As far as bombs I took the two week JTAC course where you learn the basics in calling in an airstrike or a Artillery Strike or even a Naval gun attack. Even then unless you could hide in a steel reinforced bunker the only think you can do if targeted in a airstrike is spead out and run maybe you'll miraculously avoid a direct hit or shrapnel.

But again wars are fought not to win necessarily but to exhaust the enemies will to fight and get him to surrender.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Don't make me put on my conspiracy cap.

George Orwell already told you in 1948 in 1984 That Airstrip One or Orania fought wars they didn't even want to win just to keep people mad at the "enemy" while the government was shytting on the people. Sure no one cares about the individual warfighter what you want individually is beaten out of you in Basic Training when they tell you the smartest thing to do when being ambushed is to charge.

As far as bombs I took the two week JTAC course where you learn the basics in calling in an airstrike or a Artillery Strike or even a Naval gun attack. Even then unless you could hide in a steel reinforced bunker the only think you can do if targeted in a airstrike is spead out and run maybe you'll miraculously avoid a direct hit or shrapnel.

But again wars are fought not to win necessarily but to exhaust the enemies will to fight and get him to surrender.
I'm not talking about anything other than the disconnect between what the cultures and values are below brigade level and how they all live in their own world. People will march in circles every week but can't tell you shyt about any modern opposing weapon system. Hell, soldiers don't even understand the logistics of their own unit. But its cool or not a big deal :dead: makes my fukking skin crawl. that's why I just don't even bother trying to explain the perspective and tell people to focus on themselves.

and nah, more than a few countries are all about some ethnic cleansing and all that....

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm not talking about anything other than the disconnect between what the cultures and values are below brigade level and how they all live in their own world. People will march in circles every week but can't tell you shyt about any modern opposing weapon system. Hell, soldiers don't even understand the logistics of their own unit. But its cool or not a big deal :dead: makes my fukking skin crawl. that's why I just don't even bother trying to explain the perspective and tell people to focus on themselves.

and nah, more than a few countries are all about some ethnic cleansing and all that....
I understand but it kinda doesn't matter to the troop on the ground what they opposing army has.

Same thing about the supplies, I didn't think about it either til when I needed shyt for the radios and the supply SGT didn't know or care, He showed me FEDLOG and told me to order that shyt myself. I ended up learning PBUSE GFEBS the whole nine. But again to the troop all that mattters is what you have in your hand. If you focus on what you don't have and what the enemy does have all that's gonna do is fukk with your moreale. I mean either you're gonna follow orders or not.

But if everyone played general and said fukk it it doesn't matter Enemy Artillery will wipe us out Then the mission would fail.

I mean we have all this whiz bang technology but your food water and gas will be brought to us in a random unarmed LMTV.

No country that matters is allowed to be about that ethnic cleansing life.

My point is at the end of the day what the troop gets is what he gets before GWOT got us all the COTS shyt the old warbelt and H Harness was mildewed old ass shyt, but that's what we had in 2001. I just don't think that the Generals haven't figured out that since we "won" we've been fighting the drug war with the miltary since '03.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
No I'm talking about when he gradautes and is sent to a squadron. Nobody is gonna be around him all the time telling hm to put the fatty cakes down.

Yes; see my last sentence there.

If dude is worried about BMT, where they do hold his hand, how the fukk is he gonna make it once he graduates and has to PT on his own?

I don't think BMT makes that big on an impact on your natural way of doing things.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yes; see my last sentence there.

If dude is worried about BMT, where they do hold his hand, how the fukk is he gonna make it once he graduates and has to PT on his own?

I don't think BMT makes that big on an impact on your natural way of doing things.
Do you think the culture or the percived culture makes it hard for you do lead your people.

I mean everyone talks about how "cake" the AF is but I wouldn't want to be a maintainer in any service. The more complecated the platform the harder and more time consuming the work.

I remember the mechanics being slammed so they made us install our own run flats in the Tires and put on the brushguards. With a simple ass Humvee that took us forever, I couldn't imagine overalling a jet engine. In wartime? shyt I know I had it way easier than anybody who worked on planes.

I know you're not a mechanic but when it's time to do some bullshyt it must be a bytch to hear Airmen complain.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chill i know for a fact if @Dave24 makes it he’s ass gonna be at the strip club every night and who do i gotta hit up once I’m in for that nice ass gear I’m talking crye and all that other Gucci shyt

Son Goku

Daps
Do you think the culture or the percived culture makes it hard for you do lead your people.

I mean everyone talks about how "cake" the AF is but I wouldn't want to be a maintainer in any service. The more complecated the platform the harder and more time consuming the work.

I remember the mechanics being slammed so they made us install our own run flats in the Tires and put on the brushguards. With a simple ass Humvee that took us forever, I couldn't imagine overalling a jet engine. In wartime? shyt I know I had it way easier than anybody who worked on planes.

I know you're not a mechanic but when it's time to do some bullshyt it must be a bytch to hear Airmen complain.

Not really. Once you have legitimate power, that's usually enough to lead (2nd option). It's better to lead by example and use referent power (1st choice).

Failing that, there's always the power of fear and intimidation (3rd choice). :pachaha: :birdman:

Son Goku

Daps
Chill i know for a fact if @Dave24 makes it he’s ass gonna be at the strip club every night and who do i gotta hit up once I’m in for that nice ass gear I’m talking crye and all that other Gucci shyt

Not sure if he can swim already, but Navy basic you have to pass a swim eval. Can't prep for that doing it on a stationary bike.

Pray for that man. Pray he gets washed out in training so the next 4-6 years of his life don't get ruined by Big Blue.
tenor.gif

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Not sure if he can swim already, but Navy basic you have to pass a swim eval. Can't prep for that doing it on a stationary bike.

Pray for that man. Pray he gets washed out in training so the next 4-6 years of his life don't get ruined by Big Blue.
tenor.gif

Why do you want me to get washed out in basic training?

Son Goku

Daps

Because your motivations for joining are weak and your resolve will probably mirror that. :ufdup:

Better to not even sign your name on the line, or to get washed out early, than to receive a less than honorable for the dumb shyt it sounds like you're gonna do once you're actually in.

But hey, that discharge will only follow you around for the rest of your life...in America. :heh:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Listen to what homie is saying. It appears that the Air Force is designed for you to be an adult You may have to PT on your own, You will have to watch your diet. Whatever you end up doing you have to be good at your job.

The most likely scenario for someone like you is either you wash out (unlikely) or graduate and slowly gain all your weight back and get thrown out in the Army it's called a "Convienance of Government discharge" Employers will wonder why you didn't complete your contract and it will affect non minimum wage jobs.

The other scenario is that you meet an attention seeking Thot who says "Hello" to you and you fall in love and get thrown out on your ear for sexual harassment. Or you go a strip club and fall in love with a thot who knows how much you make and since food and lodging is free will jiuce you for your whole check.

Seen it happen many times even to non incels.

The Air Force is the Force of choice they can afford to be picky. The Marines is small and focus on those who want that. The Army and Navy are big so you get chances to redeem yourself. For example If I were your Team leader in the Army It would be MY RESPONSIBILITY to ensure you pass your PT TEST So an Army NCO will work with you off duty to help you out. Same thing if you didn't know your job or had other problems, even if you were in a money jam although it's discouraged Big Sarge would slide you a couple of bucks to hold you until payday. The fukked up thing is if he loaned you the money you could go staright to the 1SG and he'd get in trouble.

Doesn't seem that way in the Air Force. Sexual Harrassment is the easist way to get shyt canned in the military. At least when I was in you'd be unofficially evaluated on whether you were a good troop and if the chick was a bad one. If both of you were good then you'd be sent to another battalion. If you were good and she was bad then both of you would be sent to Korea or something. If you and her were marginable then you'd be kicked out and she'd be sent to Korea. I've seen married couples split up because they wanted to save a good troop. Again unless someone wants to prove me wrong it doesn't seem to work that way in the AF.

The Army has to be about 30% percent Black with a lot in all leadership roles, It helps when you're Black too.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
That's why I suggested the Navy, At least they look the other way on cruises. End up in the middle of nowhere in CONUS and he's done.
They could put homie on shore duty for his first command:mjlol:.

He'd be stuck in the states for a minimum of like 2 years:mjlol:.

Just buy some p*ssy, fam. p*ssy in general is overrated, so making such a massive life decision like joining an authoritative oligarchy because of it is wild asf imo.

I mean, getting bytches was on my list for reasons to join, but that shyt was like #15 out of a list of 20:heh:. Join the military for guap, for power and authority, for a relatively — in comparison with the civilian sector — quick road to the middle-class, for school, for the uniforms (that was one of the reasons why I joined the navy:mjlol:,) for discipline and a mandatory routine, for structure, in order to stick to some sort of familial legacy, i.e., all of your predecessors were veterans, etc.

Getting bytches should be a pastime, not a high priority.