MILITARY STORIES

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s the difference between the national guard and reserves cus from everything I’ve read they seem like the same thing

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
What’s the difference between the national guard and reserves cus from everything I’ve read they seem like the same thing

Guard has a dual mission set: national defense and state-level response. Reserves does not.

There is Air and Army National Guard; no naval NG (that's the Coast Guard essentially).

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
So does guard gets the same pay as reserves

Yes but sometimes the Guard will have some little additional perks. The Guard from what I observed is a little more lax, but it's easier to get a couple of extra drill days.

I don't know for sure and I don't understand why but Combat Arms jobs like Infantry and Tankers are in the National Guard but not the reserves. You can switch units from state to state easier in the reserves in the National guard you're "owned" by your state for the entirity of your enlistment. It's easier to get commisioned in the National Guard than the Reserves.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Might as well tell us why you chose that branch and what job you want.

For the air force i wont have to be on a ship iong periods of time as well as the air force being run like a business, you go in and work your eight hours at your job and after that the rest of the day is yours.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Uhh yeah, You're gonna be introduced to their Obstacle course you're gonna need enough grip strengh to climb up a rope in full kit, You'll upper back strengh for full armor pull ups. Even on the A-Team I worked with they did Ruck runs with Gas masks. Homie not saying you won't make it but's gonna be hard son.

This is Soflete

(NEW) SOFLETE Training

You don't have to pay for it they put out sample workouts on their social media especially their IG If you can't do that you're gonna have problems.Wait til they tell you to do inverted bear crawls and shyt. Like I said it ain't easy Don't end up on Kelly Hill on the outside looking in.

O courses ( not that fakkit shyt in basic training) are not a joke. I competed in those competitions for about 6 years in USAFE (Europe) and it had 22 obstacles on it. I know you’re probably thinking oh, that looks fun! Until you get on it. Your ass will be sucking wind and rethinking your life choices:mjlol: the first time we ran it about 8 people quit and had to be put off the course because they literally had no energy left. Last obstacle was the 7 foot wall. Come over that and you think you done? :hhh: Nope! Run out for a quarter of a mile and then come back in. Mfs was dropping like flies :russ: others quit and said y’all got it! I’m good!

The other competition had you running a half mile in the gas mask. First time I did that I thought I knew what pain was. Broke my toe once but eh? You literally feel like some body is choking you out and every step is a mind fukk of pain to keep going. The oxygen depletion causes your legs to burn like somebody threw napalm on your ass. A few people fainted and passed out, one guy had to he resuscitated and they used spelling salts on him lmaooooo. Mf came to and said fukk this!

Last edited: