MILITARY STORIES

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I know Air Force has red horse And they do the same stuff as seabees

RED HORSE (it's an acronym) can't be guaranteed. One could have a CE job and get assigned to RED HORSE (and then end up getting PCA'd to a Prime BEEF unit) or get sent straight to Prime BEEF.

Son Goku

Daps
I looked them up. The problem is they're based in Montana You could probaly throw your dikk away even Handsome gang would have problems there. But they do do similar shyt that Seebees do in non warzones.

Multiple bases have RED HORSE units, they're not just in Montana. :mjlol:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
RED HORSE (it's an acronym) can't be guaranteed. One could have a CE job and get assigned to RED HORSE (and then end up getting PCA'd to a Prime BEEF unit) or get sent straight to Prime BEEF.
Now I see why the Air Force treats their people so good, Their chow halls are like SF chow halls it's because they treat you like shyt in other ways. A nikka would thank God they got sent to hot ass Pope AFB or Osan because almost anything else is way way way worse.

Son Goku

Daps
Yeah AFSOC is technically enablers, They get attached to units as small teams as weathermen, PJ's or CCT, Yeah the chanes of a normal breh making it through their pipeline is hard, because they don't need as many people they weed you out in their two year pipeline was easier than a Ranger or an SF enabler.

Not accurate. AFSOC is a MAJCOM (major command) and as a whole they are not the same as the enablers you were talking about. There is no AFSOC selection or special requirements; you're either at an AFSOC base or unit or you're not.

Trust, the AFSOC motherfukkers that don't wear SOF berets are no more special than anyone else in the AF (although AFSOC does deploy more than most other commands).

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Multiple bases have RED HORSE units, they're not just in Montana. :mjlol:
I looked them up becuase I never heard of them and they talked about an Airborne Red Horse Unit (but it doesn't seem to exist anymore) I mean what's the chances that you're gonna need an airfield seizure that's too big for the Rangers to do that also needs the Airforce to jump in? The Army has Engerineering units too. But like you said the likelyhood of being assigned and staying assigned to a unit like that is slim to nil.

Son Goku

Daps
Now I see why the Air Force treats their people so good, Their chow halls are like SF chow halls it's because they treat you like shyt in other ways. A nikka would thank God they got sent to hot ass Pope AFB or Osan because almost anything else is way way way worse.

Osan is better than Kunsan, but No-Hope Pope is one of the shyttiest bases in the AF and no Blue Falcon would thank God they got sentenced there. :mjlol:

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all know any thing about Intelligence Support Activity or Task Force Orange Tryna figure out which job to take cus I’m not tryna be 32 and the only skill i got is kicking in doors when i know with the rangers they are gonna teach you how to do all that shyt and more since yo ass prob be front line right with them

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Not accurate. AFSOC is a MAJCOM (major command) and as a whole they are not the same as the enablers you were talking about. There is no AFSOC selection or special requirements; you're either at an AFSOC base or unit or you're not.

Trust, the AFSOC motherfukkers that don't wear SOF berets are no more special than anyone else in the AF (although AFSOC does deploy more than most other commands).
Thanks for the correction. I guess it's looked at differently than an Army attachment is looked at. For example there's a decent chance that say a whole Ranger Battalion could deploy as a unit and would need cooks, medics commo guys and even admin personnel to deploy with them in the warzone. A dude could be assigned as a cook to 24th Special Tactics Squadron, but even if the whole Squadron deployed the CCT's and PJ's assigned will be eating the chow of whatever unit that those operators are attached to. I can't imagine a scenario where a 24 cook will be ccoking in the field while the CCT's and PJ's are doing their thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Do enablers AFSOC or otherwise even go to the field?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Osan is better than Kunsan, but No-Hope Pope is one of the shyttiest bases in the AF and no Blue Falcon would thank God they got sentenced there. :mjlol:

See that's the thing I wanted to be on I-95 so I could be home on the weekends. If I had joined the Airforce and I couldn't get JBAB I'd want Pope.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Y’all know any thing about Intelligence Support Activity or Task Force Orange Tryna figure out which job to take cus I’m not tryna be 32 and the only skill i got is kicking in doors when i know with the rangers they are gonna teach you how to do all that shyt and more since yo ass prob be front line right with them

You got an Option 40 contract That means you get a Ranger tryout as an 11series. There's no way you can get to that nonexistent unit. You got to be picked to even try out. shyt Low key if you look at Paraglide or Infantry Magazine you can find an ad for something called HHC USASOC if you call that number someone at the "Red Roof Inn" aka Delta Force will pick up. There was something called Mission Support Activity but there's no ads for it. You either do a stellar job as a Ranger Intel or Commo guy or a SF Coomo or Intel guy or do a good job at The Joint Communications Unit (which was secret as shyt when I was in) and you might be asked to try out for their selection, But that's the only way in. Nobody from that unit ever wrote a book.

Son Goku

Daps
Thanks for the correction. I guess it's looked at differently than an Army attachment is looked at. For example there's a decent chance that say a whole Ranger Battalion could deploy as a unit and would need cooks, medics commo guys and even admin personnel to deploy with them in the warzone. A dude could be assigned as a cook to 24th Special Tactics Squadron, but even if the whole Squadron deployed the CCT's and PJ's assigned will be eating the chow of whatever unit that those operators are attached to. I can't imagine a scenario where a 24 cook will be ccoking in the field while the CCT's and PJ's are doing their thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Do enablers AFSOC or otherwise even go to the field?

No, the word enabler in the AF is a misnomer. You're either one of the high-speed guys or you're not. Those guys don't have high-speed cooks or anything like that.

The 24th wouldn't even have their own cooks, they'd farm that shyt out to the local FSS squadron.

(At least that's what the 23rd does. :hamster:)

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
No, the word enabler in the AF is a misnomer. You're either one of the high-speed guys or you're not. Those guys don't have high-speed cooks or anything like that.

The 24th wouldn't even have their own cooks, they'd farm that shyt out to the local FSS squadron.

(At least that's what the 23rd does. :hamster:)

That would be odd because whoever cooks for them on base their medical support people meaning the military Phyiscal Therapists and nurse's assistants would be in contact with them so they'd know all about them. I guess they do it like the rest of the special mission units do and hand select the best people and maybe send them to Airborne school ( I think it's impossible cultrally to be any kind of SOF personnel and not be Airborne) The funny thing is the AFSOC guys rarely talk about their shyt either, There's like maybe two books about what they do. How would you know this? I'm not questioning you but like you said you can't be SF adjecent like I was in the Army so unless you were assigned how could you get information about them unless you luck up and get assigned by chance? what if a Fatbody that manages to pass the standard AF PT test shows up?

Son Goku

Daps
That would be odd because whoever cooks for them on base their medical support people meaning the military Phyiscal Therapists and nurse's assistants would be in contact with them so they'd know all about them. I guess they do it like the rest of the special mission units do and hand select the best people and maybe send them to Airborne school ( I think it's impossible cultrally to be any kind of SOF personnel and not be Airborne) The funny thing is the AFSOC guys rarely talk about their shyt either, There's like maybe two books about what they do. How would you know this? I'm not questioning you but like you said you can't be SF adjecent like I was in the Army so unless you were assigned how could you get information about them unless you luck up and get assigned by chance? what if a Fatbody that manages to pass the standard AF PT test shows up?

You're not picking up what I'm putting down. This is all for informational purposes, but you may wanna refrain from commenting on Air Force shyt if you're unfamiliar with how the AF rolls.
:hubie:

There are almost no specially assigned high-speed support billets like the ones you've mentioned, outside of a few medical ones (including some SOFMEs). Remember, most AF personnel don't even maintain weapons quals year round: TACP/ALO, SOWT/SR, CCT/STO, PJ/CRO, SF, and perhaps EOD are exceptions to this. The AF, even AFSOC, is not the Marines where everyone is a rifleman first and a cook or band member second. :comeon: The percentage of the career fields we're talking about is so small it would be pointless to discuss it in this context; unless somebody ITT ends up at one of a handful of AF bases, they wouldn't even be part of those units.

Furthermore, a lot of that is again redundant. You don't need an SF cook if you're being assigned to a Ranger unit that already has cooks (Ranger TACP). You prolly don't even need a SOF medic if you're already bringing a PJ who has those same SABC capabilities. Those physical therapists aren't going outside the wire; the medical folks involved in PR and CASEVAC are specially trained but are not SOF like that (research CCATT and you'll see regular ass people, not operators).

Security Forces has selections for a few different billets similar to 'enabler selection', but a new airman would not get selected right out of tech school to go do DAGRE or the like (you'd have to prove you're squared away and can actually do your job before they'd let you try).

^This should be common knowledge to anyone in the AF and isn't guarded knowledge. I've also been part of AFSOC units, and I'm certainly not finna be kicking down doors nor did I go to Airborne training.

The question about fatbodies is already answered because the fat fukks stay home while the Special Tactics guys go do their thing; they aren't sitting there rucking in an undisclosed location.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You're not picking up what I'm putting down. This is all for informational purposes, but you may wanna refrain from commenting on Air Force shyt if you're unfamiliar with how the AF rolls.
:hubie:

There are almost no specially assigned high-speed support billets like the ones you've mentioned, outside of a few medical ones (including some SOFMEs). Remember, most AF personnel don't even maintain weapons quals year round: TACP/ALO, SOWT/SR, CCT/STO, PJ/CRO, SF, and perhaps EOD are exceptions to this. The AF, even AFSOC, is not the Marines where everyone is a rifleman first and a cook or band member second. :comeon: The percentage of the career fields we're talking about is so small it would be pointless to discuss it in this context; unless somebody ITT ends up at one of a handful of AF bases, they wouldn't even be part of those units.

Furthermore, a lot of that is again redundant. You don't need an SF cook if you're being assigned to a Ranger unit that already has cooks (Ranger TACP). You prolly don't even need a SOF medic if you're already bringing a PJ who has those same SABC capabilities. Those physical therapists aren't going outside the wire; the medical folks involved in PR and CASEVAC are specially trained but are not SOF like that (research CCATT and you'll see regular ass people, not operators).

Security Forces has selections for a few different billets similar to 'enabler selection', but a new airman would not get selected right out of tech school to go do DAGRE or the like (you'd have to prove you're squared away and can actually do your job before they'd let you try).

^This should be common knowledge to anyone in the AF and isn't guarded knowledge. I've also been part of AFSOC units, and I'm certainly not finna be kicking down doors nor did I go to Airborne training.

The question about fatbodies is already answered because the fat fukks stay home while the Special Tactics guys go do their thing; they aren't sitting there rucking in an undisclosed location.

Got it. It's totally different than the Army. Look at LaDavid Johnson he was a regular degular Light wheeled Mechanic. Now back in the days you might end up assigned to 528th Support Battalion ( you have to be already Airborne qualified though) and I know people who were just assigned back in the day. He probably was asked like I was asked and had some kind of low key selection. Same as a dude having to select for 160th Helo unit. Anyway if you're good You get farmed out to an SF B-team If you're really good you'll get attached to an ODA, If you're really really good you get "patrol rated" meaning you're trusted enough to go out on actual missions. Like LaDavid didn't really need to go out on that mission where he was killed in Mali but it was so remote if they had a breakdown he'd have fly him out there anyway so why not have an extra trigger puller anyway. That's what I did. I went out with a Team that trusted me and like LaDavid I went out of missions that were not necessarily gonna get contact and none of the missions that I went out on had a firefight. From there you might be go to some schools and someone will probaly Why don't you go to SFAS. If you work for the Rangers you won't be attached to them too long without going to Ranger school (that includes cooks and Admin NCO's)

It works somewhat similarly if you wanted to work for an SMU you get picked to try out for the Joint Communications Unit or in the case of a cook maybe you work for the Rangers or SF and get asked to try out.

All this shyt is super in the weeds though I guess the Breh wanted to know should he go AF or Navy what do you think?

Son Goku

Daps
Got it. It's totally different than the Army. Look at LaDavid Johnson he was a regular degular Light wheeled Mechanic. Now back in the days you might end up assigned to 528th Support Battalion ( you have to be already Airborne qualified though) and I know people who were just assigned back in the day. He probably was asked like I was asked and had some kind of low key selection. Same as a dude having to select for 160th Helo unit. Anyway if you're good You get farmed out to an SF B-team If you're really good you'll get attached to an ODA, If you're really really good you get "patrol rated" meaning you're trusted enough to go out on actual missions. Like LaDavid didn't really need to go out on that mission where he was killed in Mali but it was so remote if they had a breakdown he'd have fly him out there anyway so why not have an extra trigger puller anyway. That's what I did. I went out with a Team that trusted me and like LaDavid I went out of missions that were not necessarily gonna get contact and none of the missions that I went out on had a firefight. From there you might be go to some schools and someone will probaly Why don't you go to SFAS. If you work for the Rangers you won't be attached to them too long without going to Ranger school (that includes cooks and Admin NCO's)

It works somewhat similarly if you wanted to work for an SMU you get picked to try out for the Joint Communications Unit or in the case of a cook maybe you work for the Rangers or SF and get asked to try out.

All this shyt is super in the weeds though I guess the Breh wanted to know should he go AF or Navy what do you think?

He already hit me up, I gave the pros and cons. :ld: If he wants to travel, Navy. If not, AF. :mjpls: