MILITARY STORIES

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Asking for a friend thats fresh out of high school that is joining the Marines.

Do Marines give sign up bonus? He went into the army fort to get sworn in but says that he can still quit prior to going in for basic training? But what is the point of swearing in if you can just quit after that?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Asking for a friend thats fresh out of high school that is joining the Marines.

Do Marines give sign up bonus? He went into the army fort to get sworn in but says that he can still quit prior to going in for basic training? But what is the point of swearing in if you can just quit after that?
people bounce before swearing in all the time

its more ceremonial than anything and all of the initial inprocessing isn't necessarily binding either. i still wouldn't necessarily recommend bouncing between branches on short notice like that but if it works it works

and bonuses exist across the board

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much time do they give you to prepare for PT test or will it be given at a random time?

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
How much time do they give you to prepare for PT test or will it be given at a random time?

Workout everyday it’s up to you to keep up with your physical fitness it’s not random in the Air Force depending on how well you score you either take it every 6 months or once a year usually the same time of the year so hopefully you luck out and get a summer month

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Workout everyday it’s up to you to keep up with your physical fitness it’s not random in the Air Force depending on how well you score you either take it every 6 months or once a year usually the same time of the year so hopefully you luck out and get a summer month
My last PT test was in Oct in basic training, I’m one of the 6 month guys. I’m still in tech school also

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So your next test is 6 months from October so you can test in tech school which I recommend
Ok cool, I graduate at the endof the month so I might wait till I get to my next duty station. Speaking of duty station what have you heard about Dyess?

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Ok cool, I graduate at the endof the month so I might wait till I get to my next duty station. Speaking of duty station what have you heard about Dyess?

Dyess in Texas I only went to play basketball there the base was huge they have b1s out there idk about the city or anything but I would look up how far you are from a major city

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dyess in Texas I only went to play basketball there the base was huge they have b1s out there idk about the city or anything but I would look up how far you are from a major city
I’m from Fort Worth, so it’s basically like a 2 hour drive. I wanted to know if the base was cool