MILITARY STORIES

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Out of curiosity, what do you mean? (If you can share)...
generally speaking, a lot of sexual harassment and assault that people speak on has to do with violent assaults, date rape, hazing, taking advantage of inebriated, etc - and all of that is stuff that's drilled into the enlisted side hardcore on a monthly basis or even more frequently. its also very, very easy to throw the book at someone of lower rank. shyt, it even makes you look good for being tough on sexual crimes.

when it comes to the officers and staff ranks... that's when you'll see a lot of coercion, power abuse, and stuff of that nature. also no one is worse on women than other women. i've been in plenty of meetings where all the guys were on the same page about a known scumbag being a habitual line stepper and the one female in the room will be like "well she's always flirting, maybe this will be a good lesson for her" with some off the wall shyt. also you'll see HUGE ranks just do whatever they fukking please because they know they're untouchable. then you've got people hit with the "you want x assignment? what that neck do" and its not even their fault because shyt.... girl gotta choose between making an old man's dikk jump for 5 minutes or do a few tours then the choice is easy when they've put up with guys who want the same but WONT fukk their career for it.

everyone tries to make officer life sound like a breeze but that's where most of the shady, backstabbing shyt goes down. officers as a rule shouldn't trust one another

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
I’m a flyer. 1A3. I’m telling you, try to get a flying job. My experience with the Air Force is incredible but skewed. Being an enlisted flyer is the best job. I get flight pay, I’m always tdy and I have a prestigious job. I made an extra 5k in perdiem last year. I’m on my way to make more than that this year. The only downside is that my job isn’t really transferable to civilian life.

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Why shouldn't black men enlist in the military?

In your eyes what are some things we SHOULD do, if we want to avoid become a product of our environment?
Lol he’s 30+ and an unemployed stay at home dad that lives off his BM. And uses the fact he homeschools his kids as a scapegoat (I doubt he homeschools).He has no plan.

Dudes get all sentimental about this military shyt. Talking about we hurting people in the Middle East. Man motherfukk them lmao they some of the most anti black people I ever met. So who cares. Get ur bag, get ur GI Bill and be out. fukk all that morality talk. Maybe use that business loan for veterans to start a business that gives jobs out to black people. Build from that and use it to level up.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
generally speaking, a lot of sexual harassment and assault that people speak on has to do with violent assaults, date rape, hazing, taking advantage of inebriated, etc - and all of that is stuff that's drilled into the enlisted side hardcore on a monthly basis or even more frequently. its also very, very easy to throw the book at someone of lower rank. shyt, it even makes you look good for being tough on sexual crimes.

when it comes to the officers and staff ranks... that's when you'll see a lot of coercion, power abuse, and stuff of that nature. also no one is worse on women than other women. i've been in plenty of meetings where all the guys were on the same page about a known scumbag being a habitual line stepper and the one female in the room will be like "well she's always flirting, maybe this will be a good lesson for her" with some off the wall shyt. also you'll see HUGE ranks just do whatever they fukking please because they know they're untouchable. then you've got people hit with the "you want x assignment? what that neck do" and its not even their fault because shyt.... girl gotta choose between making an old man's dikk jump for 5 minutes or do a few tours then the choice is easy when they've put up with guys who want the same but WONT fukk their career for it.

everyone tries to make officer life sound like a breeze but that's where most of the shady, backstabbing shyt goes down. officers as a rule shouldn't trust one another
Damn :huhldup:

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
thinking about the Air Force want to know if anyone here can give insight/pros/cons

***also wanted to know about vacation/time to travel while in service
cuzzo was in airforce, since recently retired, saw no combat, living comfortably, and got a high paying manager gig at Prat and Whitney basically doing nothing but be on IG all day.

Last edited:
Daps
What about vacation while serving?? specifically air force is what i want to know..........
depends on what you're asking... you get 2.5 days a month, the max you can hold at any given time is 60 days (deployment gets you some flex but that's another bag entirely)... many bases/majcoms have 'family days' around major holidays, plus day passes for accomplishments/PT scores/what have you. if you're 9-5 M-F it's pretty nice, all considered. base/mission/unit policy will ultimately drive your options, as mentioned above.

edit: somehow my post got lost in the ether for a bit... but re: overseas travel, you typically need to notify your security manager and you'll likely get an antiterrorism/safety brief before you go... occasionally there will be no go areas but those should also be pretty self-evident when they pop up.

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC

With all due respect bro this is some bullshyt
You’ll find very few career officers that are few and far between that will let risk their career for a sharp/eo violation

Officers go through the same quarterly sharp/eo briefing and are subject to the same ucmj

While it is possible for a commander to abuse his power it even more likely for a lower enlisted to scream for jag or file a complaint through sharp/eo or open door policy , and get that commander the fukk outta here

And really nikka? What that mouth do?:francis:

A females branch manager or HRC has a lot more say to where a persons assignment will be than a fukking O6

I’m not say I’m 100% right and your wrong, but don’t over exaggerate like the officer world is like mad men

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
With all due respect bro this is some bullshyt
You’ll find very few career officers that are few and far between that will let risk their career for a sharp/eo violation

Officers go through the same quarterly sharp/eo briefing and are subject to the same ucmj

While it is possible for a commander to abuse his power it even more likely for a lower enlisted to scream for jag or file a complaint through sharp/eo or open door policy , and get that commander the fukk outta here

And really nikka? What that mouth do?:francis:

A females branch manager or HRC has a lot more say to where a persons assignment will be than a fukking O6

I’m not say I’m 100% right and your wrong, but don’t over exaggerate like the officer world is like mad men
Who runs the HRC and sharp stuff? :francis: staff. and career scumbags are the best scumbags

when you're in position to network with those run those systems or run those systems yourself with even the slightest bit of autonomy then you're not in the same boat as everyone else. some brand new lt or private doesn't even know where to look when it comes to protecting themselves from basic shyt like how to get out of pt test - they're food. and anyone who's been in long enough to see their second contract will attest to the fact when it comes to defending oneself legally or otherwise, a lot of things become subjective and a matter of who you know. the average sm don't even know what jag stands for.... they damn sure ain't gonna have the balls to go for an officer after they just raped them. they're gonna happily take a reassignment if anything and that's a big part of why that particular option exists

also officer competition is far worse than anything in enlisted. anything up to O3 is whatever, but when major comes around or a specific command/office? entirely different ballgame and there's no comparison on the enlisted side. there will always be more slots for specialized enlisted than for overqualified officers. and their board isn't technical knowledge, its officers and they know you know.... its why you're better than the next guys.

also branch managers typically ain't the one signing your packets. get reassigned or moved somewhere? cool. that's not the same as direct influence progression or moving backwards.

Daps
officer assignments are pretty divorced from your leadership largely speaking, at least from my experience... it's not even necessary for them to input feedback into your ADP (speaking USAF here)... I'd also say that O to O backstabbing and fukkery is highly dependent on career field. it's certainly more political, but shyt is not deck of cards.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cuzzo was in airforce, since recently retired, saw no combat, living comfortably, and got a high paying manager gig at Prat and Whitney basically doing nothing but be on IG all day.
What was his job in the air force?

Daps
daily life of a Coli marine recruiter breh
Get to work at 9- check Coli for fukkery
Call some people who probably don’t wanna join :stopitslime:
Walk around the college campus talking to people and looking at baddies:shaq:

11 -Get back at office check continue browsing IG,Coli,Facebook:ehh:

Set up appointments for tomorrow and head to the house by 3 :wow:but the military is so bad

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
daily life of a Coli marine recruiter breh
Get to work at 9- check Coli for fukkery
Call some people who probably don’t wanna join :stopitslime:
Walk around the college campus talking to people and looking at baddies:shaq:

11 -Get back at office check continue browsing IG,Coli,Facebook:ehh:

Set up appointments for tomorrow and head to the house by 3 :wow:but the military is so bad

Recruiting is a good gig.

Only negative ive seen is when the office wasnt meeting the quotas they were supposed to. Had the chief (E7) that was in charge of the office in that bxtch raising cain.