MILITARY STORIES

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Breh, don't get stuck in the Honch:heh:..it's literally right across the street from the base. that 7Eleven is clutch on the late night.... they also have a really dope tucked away streetwear store next to New Hotel Yokosuka.

there are two train stations not too far from the main gate, get yourself a PASMO and go to Yokohama or Tokyo.

Downloading Google Lens/Translate for offline use will really help with the language barrier.
Already way ahead of you with the Google Translate. Downloaded that, Korean and Chinese for offline purposes. Definitely gonna use that to study some.

Is there an alternate app for PASMO? For some fukking reason, my S22 isn't compatible with their firmware.

Oh, definitely not, fam:heh:. I'm mainly going to be in Tokyo and Yokohama, but the Honch is going to be a once every 3 months type of deal.

Last edited:
Daps
@HabitualChiller So I've heard and seen this sentiment a lot. I'm not military (my best friend is, Navy) so I don't really know exactly why cats in the service say this, but what I will say is he's likely right, and it's probably due to it being a relatively small area.

Whenever I'm there on the weekends, they have the Navy patrolling the area, like cops or some shyt. They can't say nothing to me because I'm a civilian, but they be looking hard as hell

:mjlol:

My assumption is that The Honch is a breeding ground for the military groupies that get passed around. I don't mind that, given I don't live there and sometimes you just looking for easy box. Thing is, even though these chicks get passed around, they still will treat you right, and some be fine as hell, with ass and everything.

And if you don't think Japanese girls got ass, you just ain't experienced enough lol:sas2:

But yeah, in general, I stay in Tokyo. I've been to Osaka many times, but I'm not as familiar with West Japan as I could be. I would personally like some tips because I'm always near Dotonbori (and it gets ACTIVE over there too).

But no matter what you do: STAY THE FUKK AWAY FROM MADAM WOO

That's Tokyo, Osaka, any of them. They are the biggest rip off you will ever see. Think I'm lying.
I've always been curious about Okinawa and its "tropical vibe". What's the word on it?:lupe: It's on my to do list more than Tokyo actually. I prefer that sort of wave over the chaos of the big city...

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Already way ahead of you with the Google Translate. Downloaded that, Korean and Chinese for offline purposes. Definitely gonna use that to study some.

Is there an alternate app for PASMO. For some fukking reason, my S22 is compatible with their firmware.

Oh, definitely not, fam:heh:. I'm mainly going to be in Tokyo and Yokohama, but the Honch is going to be a once every 3 months type of deal.

The other thing i made sure to do is download the Tokyo and Yokohama maps for offline use, but that's cause i was there on a port visit and getting an e-sim wasn't going to be that beneficial. parts of Yokosuka have free city wifi.

I'm not sure if there is an alternate app for PASMO, i didn't mind having the card, but i do wonder if it's something that you can add to google wallet.

The Honch is cool for just a quick stop off base central meeting spot.... but there are people who waste their time in Japan because they can't seem to venture outside of the Honch.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Yes they said the Yokosuka based ships were overworked like crazy.

7th Fleet as a whole is stuck in an OPTEMPO that they can't scale back due to optics....and personnel and ships will continue to get ran down.

We recognize how driving while tired is the equivalent of driving drunk...But acknowledging that sailors aren't robots and actually need to sleep is some new discovery.

HabitualChiller

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
The other thing i made sure to do is download the Tokyo and Yokohama maps for offline use, but that's cause i was there on a port visit and getting an e-sim wasn't going to be that beneficial. parts of Yokosuka have free city wifi.

I'm not sure if there is an alternate app for PASMO, i didn't mind having the card, but i do wonder if it's something that you can add to google wallet.

The Honch is cool for just a quick stop off base central meeting spot.... but there are people who waste their time in Japan because they can't seem to venture outside of the Honch.
Gotcha. 'Preciate the advice and info.

Last question tho. How the actual fúck do Kanji work:heh:? Am I supposed to memorize all 2,000 common ones:heh:? For such an efficient ass culture, why and how the fukk is that shìt so complex:dahell:?

America is mad inefficient because we love to cut costs, but English is probably the simplest and most diverse language that I can think of. We incorporate linguistic concepts as we go.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I've always been curious about Okinawa and its "tropical vibe". What's the word on it?:lupe: It's on my to do list more than Tokyo actually. I prefer that sort of wave over the chaos of the big city...

shyt, me too. I don't have much intel on Oki. All I know is as far as transportation is concerned, that shyt is trash compared to mainland. Gotta take a taxi everywhere.
As far as the women, one thing I've noticed about Okinawan women is compared to Tokyo/Osaka girls... they kinda fat :mjlol:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps

shyt, me too. I don't have much intel on Oki. All I know is as far as transportation is concerned, that shyt is trash compared to mainland. Gotta take a taxi everywhere.
As far as the women, one thing I've noticed about Okinawan women is compared to Tokyo/Osaka girls... they kinda fat :mjlol:
If Oki women are fat…
:picard:
I’m in Oki now. Been here for almost 12 months within the last two years. I’m not in the game though so I can’t speak on how the women roll. Nor do I kick it with Airmen. I been working and studying.
:wow:
Japanese women do seem to be cool. Some do want to get chosen. It’s wild when a woman opens on you. Most just stare and giggle but speaking to them is real easy.
:pachaha:

Daps
You'd be surprised how many people in the Navy don't even know that a grounding ( even a soft grounding because of unreliable charts) will get you fired without hesitation.
Yep, when I was overseas working for a seal CO his ex planning led to a boat grounding and he was gone in a week. They don’t fukk around.

HabitualChiller

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Times have changed .. I was stationed in Okinawa back in 07 for 3 years.. but I was AF.. didn’t live on base.. I lived in a brand new apt in American Village.. had a whip and all.. so if you going to be living in the dorms.. your life will be diff.. and also.. you going to mainland or oki?
My bad for missing your post.

I'll be in Yokosuka and living off-base.

Got any stories from back then:mjgrin:?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Cameron-Yaste.jpg

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
They say ain't no statue of limitations on the UCMJ.........any breh in here that know anything about anything could reasonably expect to be contacted by the NCIS if current events is to be used as a basis. shyt is fukking spooky out here brehs

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How long did it take for you to get your last paycheck after separation?

I was told 15 days