MILITARY STORIES

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Just copped Bumble and uploaded my best pictures. Shìt ain't much, but it'll have to do until I get back.

I'm 5'8, light-brown (a shade darker than Obama, if that), skinny-athletic build with a mostly Oblong head shape that narrows down below my cheekbones, but I have a defined jaw and curly hair...exactly like a mixed person's would be. I have pictures in the men's thread on here in The Salon.

I'll probably have better success at clubs than in Shibuya's crossing area, honestly. I had a couple Korean women eyeing me when I was by haeundae beach.

Language ability? Not a lick, my nígga:pachaha:. I know some basic shyt like sumimasen, Arigato, and a few others. I plan on taking a month to learn Japanese when I come back stateside. I heard about that, BTW. Still can't wrap my head around it, but it is what it is. Japanese women seem to put "how does he make me feel & can he provide" over "how does he look", if that makes sense.

I'm not seeing it, fam. Maybe me and my squad didn't pull shìt because we didn't hit clubs, spit game, or daytime Shibuya was the wrong time or place, but there are about 50 decent-looking black men at my command, and none of them kats pulled from what I saw.

The only kat that did was a short, stocky, white-looking Hispanic or Italian kat, and he did the bare minimum:mjlol:

Fasho.

You should definitely get some attention having that mixed look. Most people would just want to know where you from, and it's a good conversation starter.

You should use that lil bit of Japanese language ability you have and parlay that into getting a girl to teach you some Japanese words. They love that shyt. Unfortunately, I'm too good now, but this used to work back when I was in college lol

The homie @deeznuts gave you a good suggestion in hitting up Ibex. I been there a few times, good crowd, good music.

But since your language ability is minimal, I'd also suggest hitting up Club Harlem in Shibuya. Reason being they're a hip hop club, so the crowd you'll get will be a mix of us (Black folk) and Japanese people that like hip hop. This will likely introduce you to some Gaijin hunters that specifically target Black men, called Burapan.

(Bit of advice, don't use that word, as some of them HATE it, but they know what they are lmaooooo)

These girls will likely have been around the block, but they're usually really good at English, and they would prolly let you smash. Some are even just cool people to know, and make friends with.

If you have some time, you can travel south (about 1 hour and some change) to Yokosuka. This is where the Navy base is, and you will find a STUPID amount of these kind of women that I'm talking about. They're very easy to spot. A club called "Ice" really pops off on the weekends, and it's a nice mix of us and them there.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You'd be surprised how many people in the Navy don't even know that a grounding ( even a soft grounding because of unreliable charts) will get you fired without hesitation.
Yep I only learned that from working with the Navy and at that time there were an unusual number of groundings and the Mc Cain disaster that lead to a global safety standdown.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Fasho.

You should definitely get some attention having that mixed look. Most people would just want to know where you from, and it's a good conversation starter.

You should use that lil bit of Japanese language ability you have and parlay that into getting a girl to teach you some Japanese words. They love that shyt. Unfortunately, I'm too good now, but this used to work back when I was in college lol

The homie @deeznuts gave you a good suggestion in hitting up Ibex. I been there a few times, good crowd, good music.

But since your language ability is minimal, I'd also suggest hitting up Club Harlem in Shibuya. Reason being they're a hip hop club, so the crowd you'll get will be a mix of us (Black folk) and Japanese people that like hip hop. This will likely introduce you to some Gaijin hunters that specifically target Black men, called Burapan.

(Bit of advice, don't use that word, as some of them HATE it, but they know what they are lmaooooo)

These girls will likely have been around the block, but they're usually really good at English, and they would prolly let you smash. Some are even just cool people to know, and make friends with.

If you have some time, you can travel south (about 1 hour and some change) to Yokosuka. This is where the Navy base is, and you will find a STUPID amount of these kind of women that I'm talking about. They're very easy to spot. A club called "Ice" really pops off on the weekends, and it's a nice mix of us and them there.
bytches that hang around military bases are easy lay ups they are a part of the welcoming committee that I talk about in my expat thread.

Remember though they are usually super ran through but they can teach you a ton about the culture and you can meet a nice girl through their friend group.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Fasho.

I'm actually going to he stationed in Yoko:mjgrin:. Big ups for that suggestion. Definitely planning on hitting that area (The Honch) for a good time every now and then.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
bytches that hang around military bases are easy lay ups they are a part of the welcoming committee that I talk about in my expat thread.

Remember though they are usually super ran through but they can teach you a ton about the culture and you can meet a nice girl through their friend group.

Breh ain't lying :russ::russ::russ:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Yep I only learned that from working with the Navy and at that time there were an unusual number of groundings and the Mc Cain disaster that lead to a global safety standdown.

FWIW, a safety stand down typically was just saddling your already time/personnel strapped navigation department with hours of "training" and compounding their workloads by delaying repairs,maintenance,charts,navplans etc.

Because of the McCain, they couldn't keep turning a blind eye to the effects of sleep deprivation and working schedules of crews.....we've normalized being tired and performing at high levels and any pushbacks with trying to ensure sailors get adequate amounts of sleep with "i didn't sleep for X amount of hours and still did my job...figure it out"

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I'm actually going to he stationed in Yoko:mjgrin:. Big ups for that suggestion. Definitely planning on hitting that area (The Honch) for a good time every now and then.

Breh, don't get stuck in the Honch:heh:..it's literally right across the street from the base. that 7Eleven is clutch on the late night.... they also have a really dope tucked away streetwear store next to New Hotel Yokosuka.

there are two train stations not too far from the main gate, get yourself a PASMO and go to Yokohama or Tokyo.

Downloading Google Lens/Translate for offline use will really help with the language barrier.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
FWIW, a safety stand down typically was just saddling your already time/personnel strapped navigation department with hours of "training" and compounding their workloads by delaying repairs,maintenance,charts,navplans etc.

Because of the McCain, they couldn't keep turning a blind eye to the effects of sleep deprivation and working schedules of crews.....we've normalized being tired and performing at high levels and any pushbacks with trying to ensure sailors get adequate amounts of sleep with "i didn't sleep for X amount of hours and still did my job...figure it out"
Yes they said the Yokosuka based ships were overworked like crazy.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Breh, don't get stuck in the Honch:heh:..it's literally right across the street from the base. that 7Eleven is clutch on the late night.... they also have a really dope tucked away streetwear store next to New Hotel Yokosuka.

there are two train stations not too far from the main gate, get yourself a PASMO and go to Yokohama or Tokyo.

Downloading Google Lens/Translate for offline use will really help with the language barrier.
Lmao......I recall my first visit to Yoko......it was night and day from Sasebo...... hearing the big city sounds again had me EXCITED damn near stimulus overload.....I went for a walk from New Hotel Yokosuka to that very same 7 and holdings lmao and was approached for a good time lmao......shyt made me feel some way......I got some lipton tea and a couple pints of Japanese whiskey, went back to the room and then shot another baby in my girl.......2016 was fukking great

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Beware of that Indian restaurant outside that one gate breh.......I don't do spice so I always get mild......them mufukkas laughed at me and then proceeded to bring me some shyt at minimum that was four spice levels above mild.......I ate that shyt without blinking.......paid for it later but they wasn't getting the satisfaction of seeing me suffering........that shyt was the only real issue I had......they would see my big ass and decide they didn't need to honor my mild spice requests.......I had this same issue at so many curry restaurants as well.......

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Breh, don't get stuck in the Honch:heh:..it's literally right across the street from the base

@HabitualChiller So I've heard and seen this sentiment a lot. I'm not military (my best friend is, Navy) so I don't really know exactly why cats in the service say this, but what I will say is he's likely right, and it's probably due to it being a relatively small area.

Whenever I'm there on the weekends, they have the Navy patrolling the area, like cops or some shyt. They can't say nothing to me because I'm a civilian, but they be looking hard as hell

:mjlol:

My assumption is that The Honch is a breeding ground for the military groupies that get passed around. I don't mind that, given I don't live there and sometimes you just looking for easy box. Thing is, even though these chicks get passed around, they still will treat you right, and some be fine as hell, with ass and everything.

And if you don't think Japanese girls got ass, you just ain't experienced enough lol:sas2:

But yeah, in general, I stay in Tokyo. I've been to Osaka many times, but I'm not as familiar with West Japan as I could be. I would personally like some tips because I'm always near Dotonbori (and it gets ACTIVE over there too).

But no matter what you do: STAY THE FUKK AWAY FROM MADAM WOO

That's Tokyo, Osaka, any of them. They are the biggest rip off you will ever see. Think I'm lying.