MILITARY STORIES

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:russ: No, never. :mjlol:

I wish a motherfukking cac would. (We all know it would be a cac on some :mjpls: shyt.)

You musta been outchea false flagging. :ufdup:
Yeah because unless you're wearing a MOH ribbon how would they know? Besides randoms wouldn't care. I guess if you went into the wround bar in Pinehurst with a green beanie on maybe some crusty old retiree would ask you a question, But no one cares. I remember when my squad leader graduated Jumpmaster school dude wore his Graduation T- shirt to Palamino's. I told him it wouldn't get him any p*ssy and of course it didn't.

Besides being a Jumpmaster isn't special at all I graduated it a few years later and most of the Officers were JM's.

Daps
Didn't do much time in Conventional staff positions and I agree the fukkery in SF is way more focused and funded. That being said being a E-6 on SOC Staff and being non SOF qualified sucks ass. You're basically the TOC bytch boy.
yeah the sof rank inflation for ... everything.. is pretty funny... I deployed to a sof unit a few years ago and was doing the work of a traditional USAF E-6 as a O-3... not a knock, just a bit of an adjustment coming from a regular wing structure and everything that comes with it. and the mid-tier, non-sof NCOs we had basically did door duty and other pointless shyt. but hey I got a medal and CZTE.

:yeshrug:

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
yeah the sof rank inflation for ... everything.. is pretty funny... I deployed to a sof unit a few years ago and was doing the work of a traditional USAF E-6 as a O-3... not a knock, just a bit of an adjustment coming from a regular wing structure and everything that comes with it. and the mid-tier, non-sof NCOs we had basically did door duty and other pointless shyt. but hey I got a medal and CZTE.

How many years you were in the Military?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

That too,because O-3's run platoon sized elements (really squad sized in SF) and they have E-9's at the company Level all those tabbed big dogs can't be updating slides, doing radio watch, Running Sipernet and pulling guard so that's where the non tabbed lower enlisted come in. I was dual hatted as the S-6 Ops NCO, but I had the help out with the 4 section while being the air boss for a C Team ( a battalion sized element) I had to co-ordinate with the Air Force and Army Aviation to get birds for Freefall Ops that I wasn't qualified for. And I had to pull guard and clean up, make coffee etc.

But if you an Officer why weer you doing the work of an E-6? I know the AF is Officer heavy but damn Rank is supposed to have it's priveliges.

If anything the awards system is stingly as hell. In Big Army they hand out Bronze stars to every E-7 and above for doing their jobs, After being quadupled hatted for over 18 months I got a Coin. I got an AAM for training the 18 Echo's on how to communicate with big army on a certain radio system ( while training on using satcoms without being school trained) and an ARCOM (without valor) for co ordinating comms with the Afghan Army and and foriegn SOF from the Team Leader.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
We go out of our way to say we aren’t military in Raleigh but anyone who knows the look, is
like sure he has long hair and no hair cut and a beard but you’re rocking a button up with Patagonia pants and vans riiiiiight :mjlol:
It depends on where you go. Go to "Team hangouts" Or where the Team Daddy wants to go and yeah wearing "patagucci gear" will be noticed in Raliegh and Chapel Hill.

But if you hang out in Durham with no white guys no one will notice.

I remember my first night getting kicked out of Sharkey's and the bouncer said I'll send you to Womack (the military hospital) I was offended that he knew we were military I said How the fukk does he know were in the Army? My buddy said It's three Black guys with six white guys (one of the white boys was a 3rd group Charlie that got into the mix) Besides we're at Sharkey's. (Sharkey's is a white strip club). At that time Fay didn't have an official Black strip club they just had
Majic's fake ass Underground Strip club.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
We go out of our way to say we aren’t military in Raleigh but anyone who knows the look, is
like sure he has long hair and no hair cut and a beard but you’re rocking a button up with Patagonia pants and vans riiiiiight :mjlol:
Yáll don't hang out in Wilimington? I didn't know Marines hung out in Raleigh.

Daps
Yáll don't hang out in Wilimington? I didn't know Marines hung out in Raleigh.
It’s mad annoying in Wilmington because you always run into the Marine Boots usually we try and venture other places to avoid them. I was up at the SWCS for a course for a bit so it was easier to just go to Raleigh/Durham

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Another military pet peeve
When hanging out with other military cats Off duty they just want to talk about military shyt, so I mainly hang with civilians
because a lot of ppl have *zero identity* outside of the uniform, and were lame as fukk with nothing to talk about before joining in the first place

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It’s mad annoying in Wilmington because you always run into the Marine Boots usually we try and venture other places to avoid them. I was up at the SWCS for a course for a bit so it was easier to just go to Raleigh/Durham
What's SWCS. Do you mean SWCS as in the US Army Special Warfare (SF) School house? Or something else?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
because a lot of ppl have *zero identity* outside of the uniform, and were lame as fukk with nothing to talk about before joining in the first place
Yeah but to be fair the average person joins right out of high school. Most people haven't done shyt before hand.

Not to mention the fact that the military low key wants Privates to stay on the base as much as possible. If I wanted to go 90 minutes away from the base they wanted me to get permission from my team leader who was younger than me. Homie had to inspect my car to ensure that it was safe to drive. My shyt was better than his shyt and I had been driving accident free for ten years prior to that.