MILITARY STORIES

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Yeah but to be fair the average person joins right out of high school. Most people haven't done shyt before hand.

Not to mention the fact that the military low key wants Privates to stay on the base as much as possible. If I wanted to go 90 minutes away from the base they wanted me to get permission from my team leader who was younger than me. Homie had to inspect my car to ensure that it was safe to drive. My shyt was better than his shyt and I had been driving accident free for ten years prior to that.

:what:

:mjlol:

:russ:

That's some USA shyt fr. :dead::dead::dead:

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Yeah but to be fair the average person joins right out of high school. Most people haven't done shyt before hand.

Not to mention the fact that the military low key wants Privates to stay on the base as much as possible. If I wanted to go 90 minutes away from the base they wanted me to get permission from my team leader who was younger than me. Homie had to inspect my car to ensure that it was safe to drive. My shyt was better than his shyt and I had been driving accident free for ten years prior to that.

That’s because privates are always driving around with an expired license, no insurance, or tags not up to date. Blotter reports are always chalk full of junior Soldiers

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
That’s because privates are always driving around with an expired license, no insurance, or tags not up to date. Blotter reports are always chalk full of junior Soldiers
True but in My case you had a E-4 checking the car for a junior E-4 and he wasn't checking for insurance and tags holmes was checking my fluid levels and brake pads. I get it why he was doing it he was promotable and wanted to go by the book with company regulations.

That being said in the squad we pencil whipped the fukk out of the stupider blue book regulations. (the 18th Airborne Corps regs). by the way the book was part of the uniform (along with all the other random shyt we had to carry like 2 D-rings for some reason)
when we wore it on our riggers belts sometimes we would get yelled at because that wasn't in the regs that was some stupid platoon level fukkery.

I don't think I ever read the Blue book pass the 3rd page in my life but I had to have it on me.

To civilians reading this thread I can talk about the 13 items I was required to "have on me" The one thing I almost never had on me was a weapon. I had to have a Knife and a multitool (the Multitool actually made sense) but guns outside of the field or deployed were a no no.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
True but in My case you had a E-4 checking the car for a junior E-4 and he wasn't checking for insurance and tags holmes was checking my fluid levels and brake pads. I get it why he was doing it he was promotable and wanted to go by the book with company regulations.

That being said in the squad we pencil whipped the fukk out of the stupider blue book regulations. (the 18th Airborne Corps regs). by the way the book was part of the uniform (along with all the other random shyt we had to carry like 2 D-rings for some reason)
when we wore it on our riggers belts sometimes we would get yelled at because that wasn't in the regs that was some stupid platoon level fukkery.

I don't think I ever read the Blue book pass the 3rd page in my life but I had to have it on me.

To civilians reading this thread I can talk about the 13 items I was required to "have on me" The one thing I almost never had on me was a weapon. I had to have a Knife and a multitool (the Multitool actually made sense) but guns outside of the field or deployed were a no no.

Damn you guys couldn’t have guns like that. I wasn’t riding around Sacramento without it even got my concealed carry while I was in Cali. We use to hit up Reno if we didn’t wanna wait 10 days or whatever rule California had set up. One of the guys working the armory on base use to be able to modify and get rid of the bullet button they had if you brought a AR in Cali.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
speaking of more stupidity the the Army. When I joined they had the old BDU's with Black Boots that you had to shine. When I got to my unit almost a year later I was advised to have some starched BDU's and shined Jump boots on stand by. When they said starched they meant Starched The idea was to buy a couple sets of Summer BDU's (because they were lighter and easier to starch.) Get a can of Heavy starch dump half of it in a spray bottle with water and Iron the shyt out of your uniform several times till it was literally flat. Then run steam in the shower and hang the Uniform for 30 minutes so that you could actually wear it. That way if there was a snap inspection you could grab your starched uniform and spit shined boots, Not even gonna go into the detail of getting Angelis boot polish appliying 8 coats with a heat gun to get the shine deep into your boots then applying a top coat of windex so the boots literally shone. Needless to say you only wore then at inspections and with Class A's (remember Airborne)
I bought three sets of boots and Uniforms just so I'd always have a uniform ready since it took at least 2 to 3 hours to proberly shine your boots

Any way we deployed to Aghanistan of course we got DCU's when we hit the ground. Anyway some dudes in the sqaud got tasked out to work with SF. What was supposed to be a 18 hour mission lasted for 5 months. They came back with "Recon shirts" and "team guy" ball caps. They got yelled at and told to change back into regular DCU's and Patrol Caps.

A recon shirt was a DCU top that was tapered more like a shirt that the BDU/DCU blouse which was more like a jacket. Basically they took the pockets on the bottom that wasn't even allowed to be used and moved them to the sleeves and angled the top pockets to slash pockets.

When we left we were replaced by the 101st. I don't know if it was division wide because I know they use those Card symbols for their units anyway they were authroized ball caps to wear on base (and in the field when they didn't have to wear helmets)

When we got back in six months we were one of the first units to be issued ACU's. ... equipted with no bottom pockets and sleeve pockets

a year and a deployment later I was with SF wearing 1st Gen Cryes and T-shirts