42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's not that serious. :whoa:
No. It is that serious

they out here projecting their fear on people who aren't a fit anymore like its company policy.

it makes the force worse because it keeps burned out people who have embraced complacency at best, are a danger to others at worst - and it prevents people from getting out and moving on. and folks who leave on a good note are much more likely to support these veteran programs and be genuine community assets than those who leave fukked up mentally and physically

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
I have good stories but I ain’t giving up my identity for this shyt. I will say I’m army but man whenever I visit an air force base I just :mjcry:.[/QUOTE

Sadly that’s how I view the Army standard of living but in reverse. I truly feel sorry for the clear racism/classism that is displayed in comparison from Air Force to Army and the only common factor is the Air Force is mostly Wypipo and the Army is Blk&Brwn… shyt wild

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
No. It is that serious

they out here projecting their fear on people who aren't a fit anymore like its company policy.

it makes the force worse because it keeps burned out people who have embraced complacency at best, are a danger to others at worst - and it prevents people from getting out and moving on. and folks who leave on a good note are much more likely to support these veteran programs and be genuine community assets than those who leave fukked up mentally and physically

Wf6WK4u.gif

I like it when leadership is up front about the burden of command. :manny:

Last edited:

Son Goku

Daps
[Sadly that’s how I view the Army standard of living but in reverse. I truly feel sorry for the clear racism/classism that is displayed in comparison from Air Force to Army and the only common factor is the Air Force is mostly Wypipo and the Army is Blk&Brwn… shyt wild

:duck:

The Army has mad cacs in. Same dudes reppin SS banners downrange be the ones you work with stateside.

Meanwhile the AF has a black female SEL and chief of staff.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Son Goku

Daps
:leostare:

how many leaders do you think actually give a fukk

Not sure why you even bother responding to me ITT since you sound jaded as fukk. :gucci:

You obviously didn't have the same type of time as me; that really sucks man. :mjcry:

To answer your question, I only ever had 1 shytty rater, maybe 1 section chief, and 2 commanders that were kind of "ehh".

Everybody else was straight. Leaders that know everybody's name, knew their husband/wife/kids, their interests/hobbies; show up to events to support their people; put you on to opportunities they didn't have to go outta their way to do; go to bat for you if need be, etc.

If anything, it was a lot of fukk shyt that I was on that I coulda been better about. :mjgrin: :mjlol:

Your mileage obviously varied. :hubie:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Not sure why you even bother responding to me ITT since you sound jaded as fukk. :gucci:

You obviously didn't have the same type of time as me; that really sucks man. :mjcry:

To answer your question, I only ever had 1 shytty rater, maybe 1 section chief, and 2 commanders that were kind of "ehh".

Everybody else was straight. Leaders that know everybody's name, knew their husband/wife/kids, their interests/hobbies; show up to events to support their people; put you on to opportunities they didn't have to go outta their way to do; go to bat for you if need be, etc.

If anything, it was a lot of fukk shyt that I was on that I coulda been better about. :mjgrin: :mjlol:

Your mileage obviously varied. :hubie:
you're not even describing leaders or the 'burden of command', you're describing supervisors and mid level management :dead: i worked with people who sent folks to die with a straight face before. nobody gives a shyt about that other mess lmao

the military is whatever and its still done more for me than any other ordeal i've had to put up with - so honestly i'm cool with it. but after dealing with enough people who are on the fence regarding the next steps of their career. the only constant is how the military consistently sets people up to fail in either staying in or getting out.

they're fukking people over and its because people treat their service like an identity and not a career path. if you sat around bullshytting all through college or a certification process, you'd be tight. but in the military its just another day

month

year

contract

you got me feeling old as fukk with that proud few years in bullshyt :laff:

Son Goku

Daps
you're not even describing leaders or the 'burden of command', you're describing supervisors and mid level management :dead: i worked with people who sent folks to die with a straight face before. nobody gives a shyt about that other mess lmao

the military is whatever and its still done more for me than any other ordeal i've had to put up with - so honestly i'm cool with it. but after dealing with enough people who are on the fence regarding the next steps of their career. the only constant is how the military consistently sets people up to fail in either staying in or getting out.

they're fukking people over and its because people treat their service like an identity and not a career path. if you sat around bullshytting all through college or a certification process, you'd be tight. but in the military its just another day

month

year

contract

you got me feeling old as fukk with that proud few years in bullshyt :laff:

Flight and Squadron commanders aren't leaders? :stopitslime: Your reading comprehension is eaither poor or you're moving goalposts/being purposefully obtuse. All the ones I had were cool AF except for one. Even at the group level they were straight (tbf Ihad very little interaction with them though). One of the Wing CCs was a little too cool; never heard anyone on base say a negative thing about him. :yeshrug:

Miss me with that whole "sent people off to die" shyt. The fukk them fools thought the military might involve? :mjlol:

Again, your experience in was a lot different than mine. We can leave it at that since it's not only what you do, where you do it, and in what service, but also the people that make the experience.

Deuces.

disappear-disappearing.gif

Daps
If had shytty leaders who I wouldnt apply a tourniquet on , but I’ve had some who without hesitation I would fight with , those dudes legit cared and pushed me to gain outside IT certs as well as helping propel my career forward. I just got in zone for selection to gunny and honestly this shyt is mad easy but with my movement upward I’ve had to take more time to show the junior Marines that I’m that same guy who will lead them in combat and help them whether it’s in or out of the corps. The validation is that is when my guys call me who have gotten out or went to a new duty station still call me for advice.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Flight and Squadron commanders aren't leaders? :stopitslime: Your reading comprehension is eaither poor or you're moving goalposts/being purposefully obtuse. All the ones I had were cool AF except for one. Even at the group level they were straight (tbf Ihad very little interaction with them though). One of the Wing CCs was a little too cool; never heard anyone on base say a negative thing about him. :yeshrug:

Miss me with that whole "sent people off to die" shyt. The fukk them fools thought the military might involve? :mjlol:

Again, your experience in was a lot different than mine. We can leave it at that since it's not only what you do, where you do it, and in what service, but also the people that make the experience.

Deuces.

disappear-disappearing.gif
flight and squadron leaders are not leaders. they are managers and supervisors. wtf they gonna lead? inventory? safety briefings? don't rape your buddies powerpoints? :dead: bruh PLEASE don't try to strut with that dumb shyt in public

you are talking some laid back, far removed garrison life in a no-risk chill environment where you just gotta show up and be chill. there is literally no 'burden of leadership' in that realm at all. that shyt is chill as fukk and if you can't succeed in that environment then you wouldn't succeed at costco either. you either choose to be a jackass of your own volition or don't. that's it

im clearly talking past the scope of what you're on - and you understood that right off the bat talking about how i must be jaded or something. if one sentence describes management in reference to you talking ratings and the next is literally "i worked with people who sent folks to die with a straight face before" then its your reading comprehension that's busted. there's a clear difference in environment i'm referring to.

i don't know why you feel the need to try so hard :skip: you're in the air force. and you're never gonna sweat unless you plan to months out. none of the retention shyt the other branches deal with would even register with yal on the worst day anyways. if the shyt don't apply to you then cool lmao

Son Goku

Daps
Basically you're going to stress rather you're in the military or not, so you might as well deal with military stress because it's a little easier

A lot of it is prolly job and personal resiliency dependent. Everybody in the damn military in a leadership role ain't stressed like that. :mjlol:

It's whatever to me though. :yeshrug:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of it is prolly job and personal resiliency dependent. Everybody in the damn military in a leadership role ain't stressed like that. :mjlol:

It's whatever to me though. :yeshrug:
Yea agree.
To be honest some of this military shyt boils down to your MOS or AFSC.
Some jobs are more stressful than others

Son Goku

Daps
Yea agree.
To be honest some of this military shyt boils down to your MOS or AFSC.
Some jobs are more stressful than others

I'm done with supply shyt is annoying , a headache

Doing so much shyt for no reason

I'm getting my 5

Then reclassing to 88mike
You gotta be a faq for supply to be too much for you

Case in point. :francis:

Ole buddy musta had a shytty MOS/AFSC/Rate, on top of leadership, to be that mad at the Big Game.