MILITARY STORIES

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
:hubie:

Longest I ever ran while operational was either a 5k they made us do for unit PT, or that damn indian run we did. Three miles has me :dead:.

Six to seven miles? fukk that shyt, AQ or BH can come have me. :dame:

Indian runs in the desert. You never wanted to just go through the Sepection and all that? shyt, you were behind the curtain. I’m sure it’s not all fun shyt

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
It’s easy in terms of work to life balance. I believe they started changing how easy it is to get a good grade on performance report so you might have to do other things like volunteer or organize a can drive. Some squadrons do squadron PT we didn’t but it’s easy stuff man. The biggest takeaway is learning a job you can transfer into when you get out the military.

I got to travel a lot through deployments and tdy. Met a lot of cool people lots of woman it will put you ahead use the military don’t let the military use you.

Damn, you were treated as an adult

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Damn, you were treated as an adult

Yea man with anything in life knowledge is power if you know how to do your job well they can’t say shyt to you. Especially on the flight line. Learn your job to the best of your ability it will make your life easier. Then it just becomes adjusting to the military standard and way of life.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Yea man with anything in life knowledge is power if you know how to do your job well they can’t say shyt to you. Especially on the flight line. Learn your job to the best of your ability it will make your life easier. Then it just becomes adjusting to the military standard and way of life.

You summed it up perfectly. I was given so much leeway it was crazy. The work is not difficult (I’m general). You have to have a sense of independence to make it and not completely lose it and become another cog.

Unolove

All Star
Daps
We went to a strip club in Japan and we was on our underage drinking shyt, one of the bytches latterly had nipples as long as my index finger and no boobs shyt was weird, them hoes said my dikk was American size though:shaq:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
I was thinking about getting out but with the economy being shaky, I'ma little scared. I'm going to do an extension. I was thinking about trying to shoot for SMU or 75th ranger regiment. Any suggestions, comments, advice, criticism?
My plan is to this into getting into a top 5 JD/MBA program then go into private equity then build my holding companies and use my money to fund pro FBA/ADOS empowerment causes and use my funds to get right-wingers out the paint. I hope this all come true.

If I I knew now what I did then I’d have started school, investing early. On my first extension I was really wanting to get out but I was convinced to stay due to a good brother sitting me down and telling me to accomplish what I joined the military to do. I stayed in and retired years ago. Go hard on your education, cents and investing bro. Now in my opinion is a great time to be in. Most of the people who got out or didn’t retire like I did are kicking themselves. I got several degrees for free from the military and TA too. Make it work for you before you punch out.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
They may be soft but folks still dropping like flies. :francis:
I know some cats that didn't even make it to their first duty station. :huhldup:
Easiest PT test for scrubs since the bike test and folks still mad on reddit that they failed. :bryan:

When we had to compete for special school in the Air Force our commander would only send PT studs who could pass Army PT standards. Like Close Precision Engagement (CPEC) counter sniper school. The first day is that PT test. You don’t pass it they put your ass back on a plane to go home. Same thing with Raven. One Tech Sgt kept falling out formation on a fast, hard 10 mile run ( I was like the fukk we running so long for?:stopitslime:) so the cadre circled the wagon back around to get him and asked him hey Sarge, are you hurt? He said no sir! He said ok, are you having any other issues I need to know about? He said no sir! Cadre said ok, if you fall out of formation on the run one more time you’re on a plane back home :mjlol: I was like damn :russ: this mf is tripping! To be honest though that was one of the more brutal runs because it was up steep hills and the pace was fast. Even I felt sick after that run. We dropped about 15 people before we got a week in. Circle of life:francis:

Imhotep2

Superstar
Daps
Hey guys, how would the military be for a tech breh? I'm not some out of shape breh but I am curious bout how the military is for people like that

(UK fwiw)

I highly recommend it

Got a cyber job, traveled throughout Europe and Asia, got my clearance, got my certs, (all on uncle Sam's dime), got in tremendous shape, had tremendous sex, got out after my 4 yr contract was up, got a job with a contractor, and im now a member of overemployed gang working 100% remotely, and making bank before 30:blessed:

For the brehs who want to get into tech through the AF and make this money, send me a msg :ehh:

Daps
If I I knew now what I did then I’d have started school, investing early. On my first extension I was really wanting to get out but I was convinced to stay due to a good brother sitting me down and telling me to accomplish what I joined the military to do. I stayed in and retired years ago. Go hard on your education, cents and investing bro. Now in my opinion is a great time to be in. Most of the people who got out or didn’t retire like I did are kicking themselves. I got several degrees for free from the military and TA too. Make it work for you before you punch out.
Thanks for the advice.I have a dual degree in finance and accounting and master in finance before joining the military. I struggled to get into the finance field (investing banking /Private equity) so i joined the military. Currently, I'm using TA to pay for my PMP and get a master in technology management while i'm here. the reason I want to go to SMU or 75th regiment is because black people need to understand the art of warfare as well as the art of business.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Thanks for the advice.I have a dual degree in finance and accounting and master in finance before joining the military. I struggled to get into the finance field (investing banking /Private equity) so i joined the military. Currently, I'm using TA to pay for my PMP and get a master in technology management while i'm here. the reason I want to go to SMU or 75th regiment is because black people need to understand the art of warfare as well as the art of business.

Amen! I taught at the Ground Combat School and taught Combat skills. You’re on your way!

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You don’t need to go to regiment or to an SMU to learn that.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
out of curiosity why do you say that? I assume those units can sharpen my skills because they are considered the best units. Am I misguided?

It’s a lot of propaganda. What really separates those units are the enablers/assets that support their war fighting functions. None of which are the type of things that are available in the situations I’m assuming you are referring to.

the type of things I believe you are referring to are basic Soldier common core task functions. Common warrior tasks and drills.

I mean ultimately once it is all said and done and you reflect back you will see Infantryman, Engineers, Scouts, Tankers, and artilleryman are all bringing something different to the fight.

your quick reaction forces are not meant to attrit the enemy and seize and hold land.

For the skill set you are referring to u will need to be in a variety of different units and different duty positions.

Unchained

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I was in the Army (Ft. Drum) my roommate use to do heroin in the bathroom. I didn't know until we had a random drug test one morning and the 1st Sgt came looking for him. We told him he got selected for the piss test. 1st Sgt said "Yes, but he didn't show up". :birdman:

We found out he got in his truck and went ghost. He was AWOL for 28 days:russ:

They ended up kicking him out:yeshrug: